It seems to be open season on wheelchair, stroller and ecv users

I agree it seems to be open season on Wheelchair, ECV and stroller users. I was a WDW over Christmas and I couldn't believe how rude some people are. I have one guy at Animal Kingdom literally fall onto my Jazzy. He was dancing around and broadsided me. No apology. Just a few curse words for being in his way.
Another time at EPCOT I had a father cuss me out because I told his child to watch out. He had called to her and she was about to turn into my path in turning back to her father, Maybe I should have hit her instead? (not really)
I am not a novice at my Jazzy. And interestly enough the only place I seem to have problems is at WDW.
As to not taking the Jazzy with me. I only had that problem once. A castmember at the Pooh ride wanted me to transfer to a manual chair because I was according to him using an ECV. I firmly informedd him that it is a power wheelchair and I had no intentions of transferring. I was not allowed on the ride by him. I did make a complaint at Guest Services and when I returned I had no problems remaining in the Jazzy.
I too have had people use my chair as a leaning post. I also have had a child walk up and try to play with my controls and have had others carelessly hit the control hand making the chair jerk. Guess people are not used to having people in chairs around.
Oh I did have a good time in spite of the rude people.

Pooh

I live in Florida and have been going to WDW since '72. I have never been hit with wheelchairs or stollers. Maybe because my eyes were open, not closed. I walked, did not run. Generally just paid attention to what I was doing. The next visit to WDW for me is going to be with a power chair. I'm hoping people will see me, but if not, I've got 2 teen girls that can run interference for me!

[This message was edited by Disneygal on 02-09-01 at 09:32 AM.]

[This message was edited by Disneygal on 02-09-01 at 09:34 AM.]

I have 1 teen and 1 young adult running interference for me and still sometimes have problems. It doesn't help that I am Hard of Hearing also which means I may not hear someone coming from behind or from the side before it is too late.

Pooh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter