It is HOT and CROWDED

I am checking some wait times now. Holy cow!

small world 40
dumbo-30
peter pan 80
seven dwarfs 100
stitch and splash 70
journey of little mermaid-95

I checked DHS and it's a little better, but:

tsmm-125
movie ride-35
tot-50

Along with the rain was lightening and I didn't want to put the kids in danger by having them outdoors during an electrical storm.

I don't believe anyone has ever been struck by lightning at Disneyworld. They have lightning rods about every 4 feet. The most dangerous place would probably be the big, open expanse of parking lot. Inside the parks, you're good. Of course, being in a boat on the water would not be good, but WDW doesn't run boats if lightning is within 5 miles or more, so if you have enough sense not to boat during lightning, you should be good.

I really would like for WDW to show just how many folks they crowd in there. Sometimes their greed shows no limits.

We were there this past Friday & Saturday. The longest wait we had was for TSMM, with a posted wait time of 75 minutes. It took probably 60. Other then that, we didn't wait more then 15 minutes for anything and we were in Epcot, DHS, and MK.

We were checking the app yesterday, and the wait times were crazy. Peter Pan was 110, and like you said, small world was at 40. I couldn't believe it. I think it is pretty typical for August. Hot, and crowded.

Yikes! We are arriving on Thursday

I am checking some wait times now. Holy cow!

small world 40
dumbo-30
peter pan 80
seven dwarfs 100
stitch and splash 70
journey of little mermaid-95

I checked DHS and it's a little better, but:

tsmm-125
movie ride-35
tot-50

Wow those seem long for this time in August. I'm on my lines app now, they have the crowd level for 9 out of 10! Right now Winnie the Pooh is 40, Frozen is 80, Haunted Mansion is 60, Buzz Lightyear is 70, even Philharmagic is 20 -the only attraction with little or no wait time is the Hall of Presidents!

We were there this past Friday & Saturday. The longest wait we had was for TSMM, with a posted wait time of 75 minutes. It took probably 60. Other then that, we didn't wait more then 15 minutes for anything and we were in Epcot, DHS, and MK.

Glad to hear that, home the crowd levels dwindle down..... We are checking in on Thursday, i'll be sure to update while im down there!!:D:D:D:D

We are at the World right now and can confirm that it is very crowded. We always go this time of the year and are used to the heat and storms, but it is usually offset by lower crowds. Not this time. At one point Peter Pan hit 105 minutes today and Small World was hovering around 40. Crazy!

I agree! We usually go every August because I also feel the blistering heat is offset with lower crowds.

One reason that it is crowded this week is because SP for FL residents started this week. School starts next week over in the next county (that is where I am) and I am sure everyone is trying to cram in a mini vacation before then.

Yikes! We are arriving on Thursday

Wow those seem long for this time in August. I'm on my lines app now, they have the crowd level for 9 out of 10! Right now Winnie the Pooh is 40, Frozen is 80, Haunted Mansion is 60, Buzz Lightyear is 70, even Philharmagic is 20 -the only attraction with little or no wait time is the Hall of Presidents!

Glad to hear that, home the crowd levels dwindle down..... We are checking in on Thursday, i'll be sure to update while im down there!!:D:D:D:D

Yes, please do!

We were there from August 2nd to August 8th... I agree..it was sooooo stinking hot. I know it's florida..but the index was insane. We normally don't take breaks in the middle of the day but we had too. It was very very crowded. We got a good day on Monday. Went to ak and it was good because it was a steady rain in the morning. But woo. There is a thread on the community board that is talking about taking kids out of school. I get it! I don't think I will go back in August again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter