Issues booking - I've never hated the 7 Dwarfs so much!

bks9581

DVC Home: BWV and SSR
Is anyone else having an issue booking? I am trying to stalk the site for availability in early December and when I see something I go to book, hit continue and just get the Dwarf error. Every. Time.

Obviously there is no point to calling since by the time I would get through, the availability would be gone.

Is this just a me issue? I've tried different browsers, incognito, etc....

Is anyone else having an issue booking? I am trying to stalk the site for availability in early December and when I see something I go to book, hit continue and just get the Dwarf error. Every. Time.

Obviously there is no point to calling since by the time I would get through, the availability would be gone.

Is this just a me issue? I've tried different browsers, incognito, etc....

If you stay on the screen where you are choosing which contract and points, you are still holding the reservation. MS can’t see it, only you can. It lets you refresh a few times, i was able to hold one for two hours lately.

FIX THE WEBSITE BILL!

If you stay on the screen where you are choosing which contract and points, you are still holding the reservation. MS can’t see it, only you can. It lets you refresh a few times, i was able to hold one for two hours lately.

FIX THE WEBSITE BILL!
Cheapek won’t fix anything.

FIX THE WEBSITE BILL!

Were you ultimately able to book after refreshing?

It is really frustrating that the site functions so poorly. Disney+ works fine so they clearly can produce decent IT products...but only the ones that make the stock go up.

Were you ultimately able to book after refreshing?

It is really frustrating that the site functions so poorly. Disney+ works fine so they clearly can produce decent IT products...but only the ones that make the stock go up.

Once I get dwarves, nothing is going to work.

The most recent time, MS made me release it so they could grab it and borrow three points. I know, a crazy demanding request, no way a website could handle anything that complicated.

As an update to this - the issue was not that the rooms were not truly available or an issue on just my end, there is apparently a known issue with borrowing on a resale contract...and specifically, on a newer resale contract. I have two resale contracts..one purchased in 2015 and one earlier this year in 2021. I was able to borrow and book just fine with my 2015 resale contract, but not the 2021 one. I had not tried borrowing and booking with the 2015 contract as that is my preferred resort so I try to hold those points for the 11 month advantage.
I still need to pick up two more nights and will obviously have the same issue and I don't have enough on the 2015 contract with the 50% borrowing rule. So I called member services and was able to get them to borrow from the 2021 contract and unborrow from the 2015 contract so that I have those available if I see availability.
It's crazy that they know about this issue and haven't fixed it yet. A cynical person might feel it's intentional :scratchin

As an update to this - the issue was not that the rooms were not truly available or an issue on just my end, there is apparently a known issue with borrowing on a resale contract...and specifically, on a newer resale contract. I have two resale contracts..one purchased in 2015 and one earlier this year in 2021. I was able to borrow and book just fine with my 2015 resale contract, but not the 2021 one. I had not tried borrowing and booking with the 2015 contract as that is my preferred resort so I try to hold those points for the 11 month advantage.
I still need to pick up two more nights and will obviously have the same issue and I don't have enough on the 2015 contract with the 50% borrowing rule. So I called member services and was able to get them to borrow from the 2021 contract and unborrow from the 2015 contract so that I have those available if I see availability.
It's crazy that they know about this issue and haven't fixed it yet. A cynical person might feel it's intentional :scratchin

It’s not all resale contracts, even those bought recently. So, I think the problem was a glitch that only impacts some owners and it happened when the new restriction went in place.

I know if a few who had issues with direct points too.

However, I agree that it is crazy after almost 18 months it is not fixed. All it’s doing is forcing more owners to call which is increasing wait times and of course, upsetting even more owners.

It’s not all resale contracts, even those bought recently. So, I think the problem was a glitch that only impacts some owners and it happened when the new restriction went in place.

I know if a few who had issues with direct points too.

However, I agree that it is crazy after almost 18 months it is not fixed. All it’s doing is forcing more owners to call which is increasing wait times and of course, upsetting even more owners.

Interesting....the lady on the phone said it was happening to newer resale contracts. It's really frustrating that it hasn't been resolved. The whole process took an hour an a half between waiting on hold and having them unborrow the points. Not only is it a waste a my time, but a huge waste of the cast member's time when they could be dealing with matters you do have to call in for. And I know this is no where near the amount of time some people have been holding for lately.

I had the same issue this morning. On hold with MS now because even the cast member can't do the point borrowing without contacting second level support.

I had the same issue this morning. On hold with MS now because even the cast member can't do the point borrowing without contacting second level support.

Yes, I had to wait on hold for her to go up to whatever level person can make the change. Hopefully you were able to get it straightened out. I am trying to get three more nights and have the points to borrow even with the 50% rule, but not all from one contract. :(

Yes, this is a known issue. It has cost me multiple bookings and hours on the phone, and thus dues costs for everyone.

it’s an issue I’m furious about.

Yes, this is a known issue. It has cost me multiple bookings and hours on the phone, and thus dues costs for everyone.

it’s an issue I’m furious about.

I'm with you...I tried many times to book something showing availability over the past few weeks and got the error. Thought maybe the rooms weren't actually available, but now I know what the issue was. And I could have had more favorable choices than what I ended up booking. I'm just thankful that I had another contract to use. For those that don't and this is their constant reality, it's beyond infuriating. I would not be able to do my trip if I was in that situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter