Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

It's definitely not outside of the realm of possibilities that as they bounced around whether or not this resort would stay or part ways with the PVB association, that they altered the composition of the tower.

The previously proposed room breakdown made a lot more sense for the Tower being a separate product. But when adding it in, it is clear they needed more dedicated 2 bedrooms.

I just wanted to pull your comment out of the ROFR thread to talk about Paul. I've heard you guys talk a lot about the 250 expectation. I think this is largely getting swept up in Disney's (very successful) FOMO move to launch Poly Tower. You are not thinking very long term beyond the first few months of sales.

Disney pricing Poly 25 dollars more a point seems a complete irrational mistake. Which doesn't mean it's not possible for DVD to make a mistake, but it strikes me as incredibly unlikely and out of line with everything they've done before.

There's nothing that special about this resort. I'm personally impressed with the Tower, but this isn't VGF. It is not their signature resort. It is not points limited (in fact it is going to have waaayyy too many points). It is not even theoretically the last MK resort to enter the system.

If they launch at 250, they'll enjoy their triumphant opening sales. Then direct Poly sales will fall off a cliff. The market will wake up the reality there are going to be 9+ million Poly points in the system. Many of which are already being sold as their owners hit the typical resale age of contracts. Everyone will have had their fill. Resale will drop off a cliff back to the 120-140's it belongs. Then they'll struggle eternally not just against Poly resales, but RIV direct. Which is always going to be starting with a 25$ advantage baked in.

We've seen time and time again that price matters most in long term sales. This is not a small product launch, it's a generous (5+ million) bolus of points and nothing warrants it launching above the current market dynamics. I think there would be a much stronger argument if we only had CFW at 225 and VDH at 239 (even then I'd argue it would start at 239). But with RIV in the mix and the market already have tested the strategy with VGF, 225 is the starting price.

BUT, DVD does has a habit of screwing up all of their recent launches. So with that said - maybe they will launch at 250. 🤷‍♂️
Just catching up on some things because we’re away visiting family in WV but I wanted to follow-up here… Disney doesn’t need it necessarily sell like crazy.

I’m beginning to pivot most my thinking away from CFW being a failure and more towards this is all part of the plan. Whether they are making cash via point sales or making cash by renting cash rooms - money is money.

And with a product like Island Tower, I would go into it fairly confident it’s going to sell like crazy, but that also it will likely be one of the most sought after cash reservations on Disney property.

Let’s not forget the number one rule of real estate - Location, Location, Location.

Just catching up on some things because we’re away visiting family in WV but I wanted to follow-up here… Disney doesn’t need it necessarily sell like crazy.

I’m beginning to pivot most my thinking away from CFW being a failure and more towards this is all part of the plan. Whether they are making cash via point sales or making cash by renting cash rooms - money is money.

And with a product like Island Tower, I would go into it fairly confident it’s going to sell like crazy, but that also it will likely be one of the most sought after cash reservations on Disney property.

Let’s not forget the number one rule of real estate - Location, Location, Location.

I think the last sentence is what is going to push this above current WDW pricing. I could easily see a $250 opening price based on the fact that it’s a shiny new tower facing directly at MK with a castle view from most of the floors. Several transportation options which all work really well. And I think based on this, people not DVC cost savvy will buy. They will see it’s a tower selling for the same price the VDH tower is selling for and think it’s fair not knowing all of the other factors.

I think the last sentence is what is going to push this above current WDW pricing. I could easily see a $250 opening price based on the fact that it’s a shiny new tower facing directly at MK with a castle view from most of the floors. Several transportation options which all work really well. And I think based on this, people not DVC cost savvy will buy. They will see it’s a tower selling for the same price the VDH tower is selling for and think it’s fair not knowing all of the other factors.
We also have to remember that we as current and existing owners want to see incentives to add-on... But new members likely won't know any better. The real key to being able to sell at $250pp is whether their guides can start closing better. I think this is why we've seen in-person tours come back, along with the incentives to take these tours. I expect the DVC marketing and sales push to be larger than we've ever seen when this thing starts.

That is a really good point, I think if they have the right rooms designated for tours (TPV) and the sales guides really develop that FOMO on the tour they will sell fairly well.

I will say when we stayed at VDH last spring we did a DVC tour and after the 1 BR tour I was running numbers and looking at points charts lol. We don’t frequent the west coast enough for it to make sense but the 1 BR in the VDH tour was on par with RIV.

We also have to remember that we as current and existing owners want to see incentives to add-on... But new members likely won't know any better. The real key to being able to sell at $250pp is whether their guides can start closing better. I think this is why we've seen in-person tours come back, along with the incentives to take these tours. I expect the DVC marketing and sales push to be larger than we've ever seen when this thing starts.
Hmm I don’t disagree, it does seem like they’re ratcheting up their marketing. Seems a bit counterintuitive though if Disney doesn’t need to sell like crazy, like you mentioned in your last post, to create a bigger sales push starting with the product that we all agree should sell itself. They probably should have went above and beyond for the restricted and more difficult to sell products, not their star resort, because let’s be honest, they’re probably not even going to mention the other resorts for a few years lol

As for pricing, I guess you could start it high at $250, give a bit more incentive to make it look “more appealing” to existing members and effectively have it sell at $225, dashing away all our dreams to have it in the $190s or below. I’d hate that but it would certainly be an interesting tactic. We wanted another 150-200 points here but if the numbers are that high we may just have to be patient for a few years until the resale market comes back down a bit and buy then.

Hmm I don’t disagree, it does seem like they’re ratcheting up their marketing. Seems a bit counterintuitive though if Disney doesn’t need to sell like crazy, like you mentioned in your last post, to create a bigger sales push starting with the product that we all agree should sell itself. They probably should have went above and beyond for the restricted and more difficult to sell products, not their star resort, because let’s be honest, they’re probably not even going to mention the other resorts for a few years lol

As for pricing, I guess you could start it high at $250, give a bit more incentive to make it look “more appealing” to existing members and effectively have it sell at $225, dashing away all our dreams to have it in the $190s or below. I’d hate that but it would certainly be an interesting tactic. We wanted another 150-200 points here but if the numbers are that high we may just have to be patient for a few years until the resale market comes back down a bit and buy then.
I mean I am purely guessing in the dark with no context with pricing… I as much as the next fella hope it’s lower to be more affordable but one thing is certain. The Mouse likes its Money!

The timeshare license they have applied for (by amendment) is only valid for PVB, it is not transferable and cannot be used for any other condo association.

So, if we use that date (even though pending), and compare to sales starting with CFW when it's license was issued, we should be looking at mid to late August...at the latest!

I assume we will get info next week on room types, views, etc. from them since cash reservations bookings begin in soon.

I was there about a month ago, we took the resort boat to MK. I’m not sure there will be a Castle view from most floors, VGF is in the way. It was looking more towards the Contemporary. Might only be upper floors.

So, if we use that date (even though pending), and compare to sales starting with CFW when it's license was issued, we should be looking at mid to late August...at the latest!

I assume we will get info next week on room types, views, etc. from them since cash reservations bookings begin in soon.

Hopefully Disney makes sure to get licenses amended for all states before resuming PVB sales. Original PVB licensing fiasco should be taught in every real estate class.

Unfortunately, this date will miss a date where Poly is so popular they block off the beach area from non-guests… July 4th.

Hopefully Disney makes sure to get licenses amended for all states before resuming PVB sales. Original PVB licensing fiasco should be taught in every real estate class.

Unfortunately, this date will miss a date where Poly is so popular they block off the beach area from non-guests… July 4th.

Yes, I am sure they will do that. I know when VGF went back on sale in 2022, they didn't get the permission needed from NY until the night before sales began!

So, public record is a very interesting thing. It varies widely from state to state. Florida has very liberal public record laws, and that’s why we can have so much fun as internet sleuths. My home state, does not. Timeshare licenses are regulated by the consumer protection agency there, and they only display the original license to the public. The amendments are not listed online. There is no way to check if every state has been updated for Island Tower, unless your state is transparent about public records. Edited to Add: I think you could call them. If you live in a state that doesn’t put all their business online like Florida 🤣 you could probably call the agency that regulates timeshares in your state and ask them if they received an amendment for Island Tower.

So, public record is a very interesting thing. It varies widely from state to state. Florida has very liberal public record laws, and that’s why we can have so much fun as internet sleuths. My home state, does not. Timeshare licenses are regulated by the consumer protection agency there, and they only display the original license to the public. The amendments are not listed online. There is no way to check if every state has been updated for Island Tower, unless your state is transparent about public records. Edited to Add: I think you could call them. If you live in a state that doesn’t put all their business online like Florida 🤣 you could probably call the agency that regulates timeshares in your state and ask them if they received an amendment for Island Tower.

My guide was the one who alerted me in 2022 about NY. He knew I wanted to buy and called me that night to say that they were still waiting on it and if I didn't get a response to my call or email the next day once sales went live, that was why.

So, I do think that once we get more information regarding sale dates, people can contact the guides who should have up to date information about which states are set to go!

My guide was the one who alerted me in 2022 about NY. He knew I wanted to buy and called me that night to say that they were still waiting on it and if I didn't get a response to my call or email the next day once sales went live, that was why.

So, I do think that once we get more information regarding sale dates, people can contact the guides who should have up to date information about which states are set to go!
Did you buy opening day? or was he just being proactive and getting out in front of it in case you called him. Because I would guess that the initial price would not be their best deal.

facebook twitter