Is this what it feels like to be fast? W&D runDisney TR 2018 (Updated Dec. 18th)

Thanks for all the TSL pics!!! I'm so excited to get to see it next year! Awesome that you were able to get it all done in 40 minutes, too!

I was really bummed that I missed (read: slept through) the meet-up at Hurricane Hannah's in January!!! Hopefully I'll do another rD event in the future, now that I know how to pace out my days better!!

Ugh--running in the rain! I did the Santa Hustle 5K this weekend along the lake. It was pouring and in the 30's. Simply miserable, but I must be becoming a "real" runner because it never occurred to me to stay home or not run!

Thanks for all the TSL pics!!! I'm so excited to get to see it next year! Awesome that you were able to get it all done in 40 minutes, too!

I was really bummed that I missed (read: slept through) the meet-up at Hurricane Hannah's in January!!! Hopefully I'll do another rD event in the future, now that I know how to pace out my days better!!

Ugh--running in the rain! I did the Santa Hustle 5K this weekend along the lake. It was pouring and in the 30's. Simply miserable, but I must be becoming a "real" runner because it never occurred to me to stay home or not run!
You’re gonna love TSL!

The meet ups are a lot of fun. Hopefully you do make it to one sooner than later.

That does not sound fun. I probably would’ve considered staying home if I was signed up for that!

I enjoyed the music I definitely think it would be more fun with other people with you for the whip aspect.
I was really surprised with the Saucers. I went in not expecting much, but was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Having two people does make a difference, my wife and I were laughing every time it whipped us around.

I was really surprised with the Saucers. I went in not expecting much, but was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Having two people does make a difference, my wife and I were laughing every time it whipped us around.
Yeah I can see that. With just myself it was fun but I think it would be even more fun with more people.

Great photos of TSL! There is SO much amazing detail in there, it's almost impossible to take it all in when I am there so seeing your photos I am spotting things I have missed!

Epcot was INSANE on Saturday - I think a lot of locals must have come out since the weather was so amazing, and it was the end of F&W. I love Voices of Liberty - I went to two of their shows that day, and they did different songs so that was neat. I wasn't aware that they made changes to the America show - what was different than before? That song gets in my head BTW...I may or may not be singing it now...

Great photos of TSL! There is SO much amazing detail in there, it's almost impossible to take it all in when I am there so seeing your photos I am spotting things I have missed!

Epcot was INSANE on Saturday - I think a lot of locals must have come out since the weather was so amazing, and it was the end of F&W. I love Voices of Liberty - I went to two of their shows that day, and they did different songs so that was neat. I wasn't aware that they made changes to the America show - what was different than before? That song gets in my head BTW...I may or may not be singing it now...
Thanks! I always love looking for little details in Disney parks.

Epcot was nuts. They changed up the videos at the end and it was a new duo singing the Golden Dream song. So people like Elon Musk, Obama, and several other dignitaries were in the videos at the end. The show itself is the same.

I'm bored.

When are you going to start your Marathon Weekend PTR?

Rain... Shenanigans... and a PR?

Wake up came again and I was ready to run 13.1! I headed out to the buses at Pop and was pleasantly surprised to see no long line and two buses waiting ready to go. We were let on right away today and we were off pretty quickly. I still don't understand how today went smoother than the 10K and 5K which have less runners but whatever.

We got the start area in the MK parking lot and lines were already pretty long for the characters so I skipped that and headed towards the corral area which was not yet open. I noticed a group of Shenanigans standing around so I went over and said hi. Most of them I hadn't met before. Always love meeting team members. Corrals finally opened and I said my goodbyes and headed in.

I was in Corral C today. So not quite the start I had the previous days but still way better than any previous Disney half. They moved A and B about 30 minutes prior to the start which created a frenzy for people who obviously don't go into the corrals early. We were then bombarded with people trying to weasel their way to the corral they were supposed to be in. At a certain point it was just annoying and plenty of people around me and myself gave dirty looks. Do your research people, get to the corrals around 30 minutes before the start or you will be fighting your way to the front.

IMG_1115 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it started to rain... The forecasts last night and even that morning said a chance around 10AM. Well it was 5:30AM... The race announcers made fun of the situation pretty good. John Pelky said weather people in Florida say something like there is a chance of rain, sun, and humidity and then goes back and has a scotch in the back between takes. The rain was actually not terrible. It was enough to be wet but not pouring.

IMG_6700 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6701 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Soon enough it was our turn!

IMG_5150 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

A Shenanigans shout out from John Pelky and we were off!

The ground was wet but I didn't find it slippery yet. The first character stop around mile one was Louis the Alligator from Princess and the Frog. I skipped. They had some cool flashy lights and music around that too.

IMG_9869 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Adventurers Club was out next and no one was getting pictures with them so I regret skipping this one but I did.

On to mile 2!

IMG_6534 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Captain Hook was next around mile 2.3. I got in line and after a couple minutes he went on break. His trailer was pretty far away so I decided to skip as it probably would've been another 5+ minutes before I got a picture.

We passed by the Waste Water Treatment plant then and on towards Animal Kingdom!

IMG_5388 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 3.8ish was Russell which I also skipped since I got him during the 5K. I am kind of surprised I skipped all the characters in the first 5K.

IMG_8056 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I stopped for the next one though, Timon!

IMG_8810 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6823 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The rain was letting up at this point. It was kind of refreshing when running though. We ran through Pandora again which was fun.

Rafiki was next but I skipped him since I also got him during the 5K.

Mile 5ish was Chip and Dale in their Dino costumes so I had to stop!

IMG_6822 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2277 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2755 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Pluto was out on the long stretch of highway we encountered after Animal Kingdom. This stretch is one of my least favorite during the marathon as well.

IMG_2975 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6821 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 7!

IMG_6884 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then I stopped for one of my favorite character stops of all time! Elvis Stitch!

IMG_7642 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6820 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Continued in next post...

Rain... Shenanigans... and a PR?

Onto mile 8!

IMG_0147 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Flik was meeting next so I stopped.

IMG_6819 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I skipped the Mary Poppins Penguins since they are always out during marathon weekend.

Mile 9!

IMG_6134 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The green army men were out on the ramp again. No photo this time.

Incredibles were next just as we turned into Hollywood Studios but I skipped.

Mile 10!

IMG_6360 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And then another awesome meet and greet, Edna Mode! Her line was pretty short and she was kind of hidden so I was glad I saw her.

IMG_3671 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6818 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then out of Hollywood Studios and on towards Epcot!

IMG_0757 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Daisy was out in front of the ESPN Club.

IMG_6814 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then finally into Epcot!

Skyliner construction on the way in...

IMG_6549 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Marie was out in France but I have gotten her. I skipped Pinocchio in Italy. Mushu was supposed to be in China but he must of been on break because I didn't see him.

IMG_4799 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

On our way out of World Showcase there was a runner on a stretcher. He seemed to be moving but not sure what his condition was. It's always scary to see something like that especially so close to the finish.

IMG_8340 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And now for the big finish!

IMG_8490 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My finish time was about 2:23 and some change. That is a new half PR!!! If I truly raced this I probably could have done even better.

I met up with some Disers at the finish. We were there so long we saw them taking down the finish line area.

IMG_0599 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I headed back to Pop and shower and get ready for brunch.

Here are all four medals from the weekend!

IMG_1992 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Overall I really enjoyed this half marathon. It was probably my favorite Disney half to date. The marathon weekend half is not that great and this was a lot of fun.

Here are some more race photos.

IMG_6903 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6900 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6899 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6897 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Dude trying to show me up with his shirt off... ;)

IMG_6895 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6893 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6815 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6810 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_6807 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: I eat more than I can imagine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter