Is this fake, is this a rumor?

Sure but we, the movie going audience, do not support new stories with new characters now. We only seem to now support sequels, reboots, and prequels. That's why we're getting Mufasa, Moana 2, Inside Out 2, Toy Story 5, Finding Nemo 3 (rumored), and The Incredibles 3 (rumored). This is not just a Disney fan issue. It's industry wide. For Disney, there's a risk now to making original movies for the animated studios and Pixar. Based on what Iger recently said, I fear Pixar is just going to turn into a sequels and prequels factory to boost the existing IP. If we're not going to support originals, what choice does Disney have?

Well, support is usually defined by how much money it makes. The economy itself won't support the industry if every movie out there has to make half a billion dollars to turn a profit. Disney is kind of like the government. They don't have a revenue problem. They have a spending problem. Develop a good story. Don't spend like a drunken sailor on production and marketing. Make a profit at the box office. Then use it on Disney+.

I think the entire live action series was a waste. Disney could have just re-released the originals at the box office for a small fraction of the price and made more money. In 10 years, nobody will even remember the live action versions. It will always be about the originals. Huge wasted opportunity on Disney's part.

I think the entire live action series was a waste. Disney could have just re-released the originals at the box office for a small fraction of the price and made more money. In 10 years, nobody will even remember the live action versions. It will always be about the originals. Huge wasted opportunity on Disney's part.
Well they're re-releasing the original Lion King next month so that'll be an interesting opportunity to test that theory. For reference, the live reimagining made 1.66 billion dollars.

But Disney didn’t become famous for making new stories with new characters. Disney adapted fairy tales.
There are still tons of fairytales, myths and legends around the world for Disney to adapt.

I still believe that Disney has a strategy that when they want to create a new (truly new) movie that they first decide on a country/culture to place it in and then create a story around it. This to combat the complaint that there are too many white leads. To fill in the blanks on the map.
Disney: Wish, Strange World, Encanto, Raya, Moana, Big Hero Six.
Pixar: Turning Red, Soul, Coco
I would add Luca as well, it is a white lead, however, the US has almost 18 million people from Italian descent. Last movie set in Italy was Pinocchio?

What is missing in both Disney and Pixar's line up are the contintents Australia and Africa. Australia has the Finding Nemo movies, so they might not be at the top of the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if we will see within the coming years are movies set in any of the African countries, or the first people of Australia (the continent, not just the country).

While we're here, anyone else find some of the accents in recent Disney entertainment a bit offensive. Almost stereotypical caricatures at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter