• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this body shaming?

Some people on this thread seem really angry about what she does with her life.

I don't think people are angry, just annoyed by her wanting to be the center of attention at somebody else's wedding.

We see through her antics and self centered behavior to "plug" herself. Grow up, it's not always about YOU!

Angry, no. But hoping this tactic does nothing to help her. Not my nicest moment, but it's the truth.

I shouldn't care either way, but I'm sad for the bride that a friend or family member would attempt to steal the show by this "stunt".

I don't think people are angry, just annoyed by her wanting to be the center of attention at somebody else's wedding.

We see through her antics and self centered behavior to "plug" herself. Grow up, it's not always about YOU!

Angry, no. But hoping this tactic does nothing to help her. Not my nicest moment, but it's the truth.

I shouldn't care either way, but I'm sad for the bride that a friend or family member would attempt to steal the show by this "stunt".
I get what you're saying... I just don't really feel that way because I'm not involved. Maybe I would have stronger feelings if it were my wedding or something.

For the record I do think she was dressed inappropriately and it probably was an attention thing. She's getting what she wanted I guess. We're all talking about her!

I get what you're saying... I just don't really feel that way because I'm not involved. Maybe I would have stronger feelings if it were my wedding or something.

For the record I do think she was dressed inappropriately and it probably was an attention thing. She's getting what she wanted I guess. We're all talking about her!

I hear ya! And understand.

I normally would feel the same - not feeling either way because I wasn't involved.

But I know people like this who try to steal the show and no doubt it hit a nerve. And to go as far to say body shaming? Please. Nobody is shaming her fantastic body. She's seeking attention at the expense of a bride. Not cool.

I think it's not body shaming. It's bad behaviour on both sides. She should have worn an appropriate dress to the wedding. Wearing an inappropriate dress doesn't make it ok to assault her or say nasty things to her. I'm a little cynical about it too. If it really was a family wedding why the need to go public?if it were my family we would address what happened privately.

I think it's not body shaming. It's bad behaviour on both sides. She should have worn an appropriate dress to the wedding. Wearing an inappropriate dress doesn't make it ok to assault her or say nasty things to her. I'm a little cynical about it too. If it really was a family wedding why the need to go public?if it were my family we would address what happened privately.

Besides what has been rewritten about the the wedding here, I have not read once that it was a family wedding. In fact, I have read from the articles online that it was a friend's wedding.

Besides what has been rewritten about the the wedding here, I have not read once that it was a family wedding. In fact, I have read from the articles online that it was a friend's wedding.
If you were a friend of the bride or groom you wouldn't necessarily know anyone else at the wedding so who would you complain to? I think the situation is worse if it was a friends wedding and complete strangers hitting you and saying nasty things to you than a situation where it's some cousin you have a history with. I don't know that posting to social media ever solved anything. But I guess she could have complained to law enforcement.

Goodness gracious! That's is NOT body shaming - it's about dressing TOTALLY inappropriate for a wedding! (or any other public place for that matter!)

That's not even a dress. Someone should have given her their coat to cover her or sent her home. Weddings are all about the bride. Totally inappropriate. I'm speechless.

But people on this thread are putting thoughts and intentions inside this woman's head. You are as well. What's the difference?

Not at all. I am basing my opinion on the fact that she is calling rude behavior "body shaming" when that is clearly not the case. Too many elements don't add up, so I question the validity of her story. That is hardly "angry" or "putting thoughts and intentions inside this woman's head." It's speculation. On the other hand, the poster I quoted was purposely misrepresenting what others had clearly said. Not the same. If you can't see that, then there really is no point in continuing this part of the conversation. Have a nice day.

I think the dress is totally inappropriate for a wedding. The woman has a great body and it's obvious she works very hard to stat fit, but I think she could have chosen a better dress for the wedding.

I saw this story a few days ago and the comment that made me LOL was something about her showing up looking like the entertainment for the bachelor party instead of a guest at the wedding.

Not at all. I am basing my opinion on the fact that she is calling rude behavior "body shaming" when that is clearly not the case. Too many elements don't add up, so I question the validity of her story. That is hardly "angry" or "putting thoughts and intentions inside this woman's head." It's speculation. On the other hand, the poster I quoted was purposely misrepresenting what others had clearly said. Not the same. If you can't see that, then there really is no point in continuing this part of the conversation. Have a nice day.

I think you need to read the thread back. People on this thread seem to firmly believe she did this for attention, to the point of someone questioning whether or not the wedding even happened. Not if or maybe but definitely.

It comes across to me that these posters have decided her intentions for her. And putting attention in front of "ho" doesn't make it any better. But, this is only my opinion.

Thanks for wishing me a nice day!

I think you need to read the thread back. People on this thread seem to firmly believe she did this for attention, to the point of someone questioning whether or not the wedding even happened. Not if or maybe but definitely.

It comes across to me that these posters have decided her intentions for her. And putting attention in front of "ho" doesn't make it any better. But, this is only my opinion.

Her intentions couldn't have been more clear if she'd grabbed the mic away during the best man's toast & announced it. There's only one reason to ever wear that dress in public (and especially to a wedding). And that's for the attention it will bring. Period.

Now, as for a wedding that never happened? Meh, probably taking it too far. As for speculation that she embellished the "shaming"? Well, I wouldn't bet against that. The odds are pretty slim.

I believe the wedding happened. What I don't believe is someone pinched her *** and spilled beer on her.

Her intentions couldn't have been more clear if she'd grabbed the mic away during the best man's toast & announced it. There's only one reason to ever wear that dress in public (and especially to a wedding). And that's for the attention it will bring. Period.

Agree! She knew EXACTLY what she was doing going dressed like that. That's not an unintentional casual dress. Wearing that due to the heat my eye -- if you believe that then you are gullible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter