Is this allowed?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Ohana 4, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ohana 4

Ohana 4 DIS Veteran

Not sure if this is allowed, so I wanted to ask here first. I don't want to do something illegal...
    Can I book a DVC resort at my home at 11 months out, then at the 7 month mark, change that resort to one that isn't my home resort? So that just in case they don't have room at 7 months in my preferred resort, I'll still have a place SOMEWHERE when we go? Is this allowed?

2. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

That is what many members do. Especially for those hard to get times. It is legal.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Allowed? It's not only allowed, it's a smart thing to do. :thumbsup2

5. SaysNuts

SaysNuts Earning My Ears

I do it every single time. And Darn, I thought I was the only one :)

6. MikeyNS

MikeyNS DIS Veteran

If you *really* wanted to, and there was availability after the 7 month window, you could change your reservation every day to a new resort until the date of your trip. ;)

7. wildernessDad

wildernessDad Lost In The Magic

What a 'change' means is a cancellation and rebooking subject to availability.

8. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Unless DVC institutes a cancellation or change fee, I think you'll cont to see a lot of members use this and similar approaches. Similar would include things like booking multiple times or units until you know what you need.

9. Ohana 4

Ohana 4 DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I've had DVC for 5 years now, you'd think I was smart enough to do this before. Everytime we've gone, I just booked and it was available or I was waitlisted and it came through prior to our trip. Only during Christmas did we have to "resort hop" because I had to piece our reservations together...sometimes within the same resort!!
    We're planning another Christmas trip, so I was wondering if it would be smarter to do it this way. Now I know.
    Thanks again!:thumbsup2

10. kiingor

kiingor Mouseketeer

wow, no wonder it's so hard to find anything with 7 month window- they're all locked in by home resort owners....:rolleyes:

11. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

As it should be. However, if they do get something else, those spaces will be freed up for those booking at or after the 7 month window. One thing to consider is that those cancelations will not be on board at exactly the point the 7 month window opens. A significant portion will come on during the day but a fair portion later at they aren't in as much of a hurry since they have something or when a wait list clears.