Is this a realistic strategy? May trip (over Memorial Day weekend.)

dawgs_do_disney

Earning My Ears
Would yall mind looking over my itinerary for our trip 5/24-6/1? Staying at CBR for the 1st time! Fam of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids, ages 2, 6 and 9). It's our 2nd trip to WDW. We have TS DDP. StoryBook is 2 TS credits, leaves us with 1 more TS we could book later. We have 4 day Park Hopper plus.

Is there anything wrong or advice on changing? Thanks so much.

5/24 Friday
Travel
Disney Outlet & Check-in
Sebastians @ CBR
Unpack, relax @CBR

5/25 Saturday
Rope Drop Epcot
F&G Booths
REST at Resort
Sci-Fi @ HS (Fantasmic Dining Package)
Fantasmic! @ DHS (est 8:30pm)

5/26 Sunday
Cape May @ BCR 10/10:30am
Typhoon Lagoon (Drive)
REST at Resort
QS @ RR or CBR
Beaches & Cream ToGo

5/27 Monday (Memorial Day)
Rope Drop AK (Drive)
QS @ AK
REST at Resort
QS @ RR or CBR or MK
MK (HEA est 9:20pm)

5/28 Tuesday
BOMA @AKL 1030/11am (Drive)
Pool/Rest Day @ CBR
T-Rex @ Disney Springs
Drone Show @ Disney Springs

5/29 Wednesday
Rope Drop MK (Bus)
QS @ MK
REST at Resort
QS @ RR or CBR or MK
MK (HEA est 9:20pm or Luminous from CBR pool)

5/30 Thursday
QS @ CBR
Typhoon Lagoon (Drive)
Story Book Dining @ WDL
Resort Hop Monorail

5/31 Friday
DHS or MK
REST at Resort
Open/ Wild Card

6/1
Check-out

I would agree w @kylenne, you have lots of rest breaks and a rest day built in so yes. So long as you're not trying to hit every park ride headliner and have realistic expectations of what you'll do in each park, I think this is a great plan and good use of the DDP. Memorial day is not the crowd buster like some of the other holidays at WDW so while it likely won't be empty, crowds should be manageable.

I would agree w @kylenne, you have lots of rest breaks and a rest day built in so yes. So long as you're not trying to hit every park ride headliner and have realistic expectations of what you'll do in each park, I think this is a great plan and good use of the DDP. Memorial day is not the crowd buster like some of the other holidays at WDW so while it likely won't be empty, crowds should be manageable.
That's good to hear I read on Disney Tourist Blog it is actually a good holiday crowd wise. Thanks!!

We are going same week as well this year, but starting on Sunday.

Will be interesting to see how it is compared to early march spring break visits in 22 and 23.

Good luck to both of us!

I’d change that EP day. Worst days at EP are weekends. I find it worse than any other park because the crowds get rowdy with all the drinking around the world groups. They’re always there sure but it just really kicks into gear on Fri evening-Sun (and Mon for you I suspect because Memorial).

I’d change that EP day. Worst days at EP are weekends. I find it worse than any other park because the crowds get rowdy with all the drinking around the world groups. They’re always there sure but it just really kicks into gear on Fri evening-Sun (and Mon for you I suspect because Memorial).
I am definitely in tuned to this! Unfortunately we're trying to hit up F&G and I don't want to go on the last day (Memorial Day) and we don't want to do back to back park days. We will rope drop and have the morning, early afternoon at Epcot. I know we won't see it all. If it weren't for F&G we would be doing Epcot later in the week.

I am definitely in tuned to this! Unfortunately we're trying to hit up F&G and I don't want to go on the last day (Memorial Day) and we don't want to do back to back park days. We will rope drop and have the morning, early afternoon at Epcot. I know we won't see it all. If it weren't for F&G we would be doing Epcot later in the week.
We are coming down Memorial Day and leaving Saturday. I was debating adding a day to hit the last day of Flower and Garden when we arrive. I have FOMO, but I am afraid it will be crazy! Maybe we should just opt for a resort / DS afternoon. Your plan for your trip sounds amazing!!

The three non-park days are genius, and the breaks midday are too. I wouldn’t change anything if this is your preferred agenda. But you asked for thoughts - if it were me, I would maybe - only if you have the energy - try to get two park days in at the beginning. That leaves the last day as a flex/ rest day instead, which leaves room for a rainy day. It it also means you’re more likely to hit up all four parks. I noticed HS was a maybe - I highly recommend it with kids the same ages as yours.

as a BCV owner and frequest guest, i don't think cape may or B&C are worth going out of your way for, especially twice in one day. but if you love em, sounds doable. i also don't know how much monorail hopping you're going to get done after storybook dining, especially since that's not on the monorail directly. but generally sounds like a great plan!

The three non-park days are genius, and the breaks midday are too. I wouldn’t change anything if this is your preferred agenda. But you asked for thoughts - if it were me, I would maybe - only if you have the energy - try to get two park days in at the beginning. That leaves the last day as a flex/ rest day instead, which leaves room for a rainy day. It it also means you’re more likely to hit up all four parks. I noticed HS was a maybe - I highly recommend it with kids the same ages as yours.
This is a GREAT observation. We could definitely do two back to back days, we have before and you're right I didn't factor in a possible rain day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter