Is the Magic in NYC yet?

How was the cruise and why did you skip Canada?

The cruise was fantastic. I lost all track of time, which I needed after 3 particularly stressful work months.

We were rerouted because of Jose and Maria. Captain Marco made the right call.

The cruise was fantastic. I lost all track of time, which I needed after 3 particularly stressful work months.

We were rerouted because of Jose and Maria. Captain Marco made the right call.

What was the original itinerary and where did you end up going?

Our last stop was supposed to be St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. The captain was concerned about an approaching storm, so we head straight for NY after leaving Ponta Delgada. If I remember correctly, it was announced that evening when we got back on the ship. (Ponta Delgado day)

Our last stop was supposed to be St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. The captain was concerned about an approaching storm, so we head straight for NY after leaving Ponta Delgada. If I remember correctly, it was announced that evening when we got back on the ship. (Ponta Delgado day)
You didn't go to Canada at all? The storms down by nc.
How was the weather?

How did you like Ponta Delgada? I loved it last year on the TA. Such a pretty island.

MJ

Just one day was a little rough, and one evening. Large swells coming from the side, made the ship go up and down more than I've ever noticed. But overall, it was pretty good weather. Hope the new passengers boarding today get American breakfast sausage and chocolate milk. The European versions were not good. New "round" hash brown patties were great for breakfast.

Ponta Delgada was beautiful. We got to the end of the pier, and we were approached by several "tour" guys. We ended up paying $20 per person for a 2 hour tour in a Mercedes mini van to the volcano lakes north-west of the city. After we got back, we had time to explore the streets. Great weather that day. Great experience.

We're here.....we didn't go to Canada because of the hurricane. Everyone had to get off today, because of US customs, and we walked to Times Square. Once we got back to the terminal building, we paused because we didn't know where to go. There was a security guy that said, "take the escalator." We looked to the left and right, and didn't see an escalator. Then he said, "go to your left." Needless to say we were glad to get back to the ship, where the crew is more friendly. Ready to go home tomorrow.

Great to hear you arrived safely.

Time Square is a crazy place these days. Full of Tourists! I worked there in early 90's , way less built up, a little more grungy. Oh, I miss the old grungy NYC, a little.

long time lurker but first time poster!
does anyone know what time they are setting sail later today?
I work a walkable distance and my boss is leaving early today:rolleyes1

It wouldn't have been Jose. That one died before making it across the Atlantic.

Maria is pretty much in line with NY right now. But predicted to head east.

It WAS Jose. Jose has been hanging out just close enough to do wave/current/tide issues for Long Island and around there for at least a week. Maria is still down around the Outer Banks in NC.

It WAS Jose. Jose has been hanging out just close enough to do wave/current/tide issues for Long Island and around there for at least a week. Maria is still down around the Outer Banks in NC.
Yeah, I took that out, sorry.

For the past week we have been hearing about Jose sitting off the coast of NY/CT. They advise not to go in the water at the beach as the rip currents are terrible from the storm...even though our weather has been great (very warm and sunny for late September).

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter