Is It Wrong To Relax In Orlando? Inquiring Newbie Wants To Know.

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
So we're going to be in Orlando for 7 days in October. So far me, dh, dd (5), and ds (will be 4-5 months) are going. I want to do and see everything and dh wants to lounge by the pool all day. I don't mind taking a day or two off from the parks, but I feel like if I'm in Orlando I have to breathe Disney. I keep forgetting I'll have a new baby then, but my daughter was such a breeze (even now, but with attitude) that I'm in for a shock if he turns out to be a 'normal' baby. Should I just relax and plan to relax while on vacation, or maintain control and plan my itinerary.

Vacations are "supposed" to be relaxing, but I totally agree with you... when I'm in Disney World, I want to be on the go 24/7. :yay: You could compromise by going to one of the water parks for a day. That way you can be immersed in Disney and your DH can lounge by the pools.

we always take time out for the pool, every single day. Our resort is very important to us, as well as the parks and by noon, we've had enough of the parks for awhile, crowds build up then and we head back for a pool picnic, few drinks and just lounge by or in the pool. It's refreshing, then around 5 or 6 we head out again to the parks. No sense killing yourself, parks and attractions aren't going to run away and a vacation is supposed to be just that, and relaxing. That's why we would never do a 4 or 5 day stay, too short, we prefer 9-12 nights, plenty of time to see everything in a leisurely, relaxing pace, no commando stay from opening to close and come home beat, tired and disgusted. I say give the man some pool time, tell him when it gets hot, kids get cranky or the crowds get unbearable, we'll break for the resort, be easier on everyone.

11.gif

We've been traveling to WDW every year since our son was 1. He was always a very good traveler and still is even at the age of 11. We like to schedlule an off day or two in our WDW trips. But, that being said, our off day still includes going to Downtown Disney or Disney Quest just to get in some "real Disney time".

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:Welcome!!!:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

I say take one day off to do the relaxing thing and maybe one day where you sleep in and do the pool and lunch at the resort and then late afternoon/evening at the parks. Or two sleep in days in between over-achieving park days.:rotfl:

I used to be the one that wanted to go, go, GO at WDW but now I have embraced the relaxing day!:thumbsup2 Also, with two little ones be prepared to "roll with it" and be flexible with plans.

Have a great trip:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter