Is it worth it with a DD5

cemeb4dk

DIS Veteran
Hi all, a disney veteran and my wife and I have done Universal many times just not with a child in tow

Our daughter is 5 almost 6 and is 48" and trying to see if its actually worth the money to do a trip there.

Here is our trips plan. We are checking out of AKL on Monday Oct 3rd and checking in to Vero Beach the same day. My thought was to leave AKL early and go to Universal and then once done head to Vero and check in late. While pricing out the tickets its 1 park 1 day for $272 for us, and 1 day 2 park is $383. We check out of Vero on Thursday Oct 6th and dont have to be at the airport til around 6 pm, so I was again thinking of leaving Vero early and heading to Universal for a bit before we have to return car and catch a plane. and the 2 day 2 parks is $430

So I guess the real question is, i sit worth it with a 48" daughter and I am assuming the crowds should be low so can we knock out both parks in 1 day?

Thanks for any advice.

i think it is worth it.
but that is only my opinion.

why don't you check out the universal website and see what is in the parks that you think would be fun for your child.

there are quite a lot of places in there that could give you an idea of the time you would need to spend at the parks.

where are you finding those ticket prices? I only ask because they seem high...if you go to ticketmania.com, 1 day, 2 park is $117 for adults, $111.60 children, plus taxes & fees which is still less. I think your plan is worth it though, I just can't see you spending that much on tix...look around first!

It depends on the child. A lot of US/IOA is geared towards teens and young adults. Will she want to go on everything she is tall enough for? Does she know what Jaws and ET are? Does she know Harry Potter?? I think it sounds like a lot of money if she can't do 75% of it. I would wait until she is older.

You can always try to visit both parks in one day and while you're there, decide if you want to upgrade and add that second day.

i would go for it! i am a big ride coward and Universal is my favorite

place in the world! my son is special needs and he loves Universal also.

there is so much more to Universal than thrill rides.

We took my niece when she was 3.5 and she had a blast! I thought there was quite a bit for the younger crowd to enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter