Is it true that we are now on AKL LITE Six??!?! Yes, bah-LEE DAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I realize that I am speaking to a biased audience here, but AKL still remains on my radar for our July 2012 trip!!! First, my DH would LOVE to have a savannah view here...at one point we were booked club level here, but now we are at WL. I LOVE the location of WL, and everyone complains about the busses at AKL. My thing is...we've stayed at all of the ALL STARS and they are in the same area and we never had an issue with the transportation or travel times, so why would we at AKL. Do the busses come with the same frequency? Are they really packed to the gills with Kidani folk by the time it gets to Jambo?? We are doing 10 nights with our girls, who will be 8 and 5 for that trip...they do like animals!!! If we did the whole 10 nights, I will probably look to book that sunrise safari (if we end up booking CL). Please help!!! We have stayed at neither AKL or WL (never actually stayed at deluxe at all), so please give me all the things to love about AKL!!! Oh...and at one point there was a complaint about the amount of bees????? What's the 411 on that???

I've stayed at WL and it's my favorite resort (so far). The location is great but the bus service isn't the best. You'll stop at nearby resorts before you get back to the lodge & in the mornings, they'll drop people off at GF & Poly for character breakfasts before they'll take you to the parks. Plus whenever we took the boat back from MK at night, there were bugs EVERYWHERE. Other than that, it's beautiful.

I don't know what people's gripes are about the buses at AKL. They say it's so far removed from everything but touringplans estimates the travel time between AKL & MK is 8 minutes. 8 minutes is not going to kill me. :confused3

I don't know what people's gripes are about the buses at AKL. They say it's so far removed from everything but touringplans estimates the travel time between AKL & MK is 8 minutes. 8 minutes is not going to kill me. :confused3

It takes around 20 minutes by bus from the AKL to the Magic Kingdom. That is the longest park ride.

Brandi,

The next time you update the list, please add me. We'll be staying at The Dolphin, Oct. 10-14. :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks,
Kathy

It takes around 20 minutes by bus from the AKL to the Magic Kingdom. That is the longest park ride.

I'm aware it's the longest ride but does it really take 20 minutes? I've stayed at Pop Century, which is just as far from MK, and I don't remember that ride taking 20 minutes.

I'm aware it's the longest ride but does it really take 20 minutes? I've stayed at Pop Century, which is just as far from MK, and I don't remember that ride taking 20 minutes.

I've taken this trip many times and it usually takes about 20 minutes.

I hope someone else will answer this question for you.

...by the time everyone actually boards the bus, the bus finally takes off, it arrives at MK, and it eventually reaches its destination (the MK bus depot), it's pretty close to 20 minutes....

Wishing I was looking at that beautiful savanna filled with amazing animals instead of my backyard that is half filled with snow:scared1:!

don't look now..but I think your thumb might have an infection..looks swollen

:rotfl2:

smiley_bored.gif
....uhhhh, yeah.

Kim..are you causing trouble?? I mean, more than normal?

so to keep this OT..I just realized I am checking in during Pop Warner week..:eek:

I know AKL isn't one of their hotels but I am wondering what the parks are going to be like at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter