Is it too hot to tent camp memorial day?

dutton

Mouseketeer
I wanted to go to WDW the week after our kids get out of school, which is Fri. before Memorial Day. Are the evenings too hot? The main reason is b/c as a child we went to River Country and I loved it! Since RC is only open for a short season, I thought this week would be fun. During the day we'll be at parks or swimming, so I'm only concerned about night time. Thanks!!

We usually go then, too! I really seem to recall it not being too hot, in the 70's or so at night. Go to WDWIG and check on the weather--you can see what the weather usually is each time of year.

Hope that helps, and maybe we will see you in---

216 days!

Homesick Barbara

dutton,

Do the tent sites have ac? If they do, bring an extension cord and a fan and plug it in.

Have a great trip!

Tim.

As far as i know all of the sites have electric. I have heard others suggest a fan for the tent as well. Opening up the rain flys and turing on the fans when you return from the parks should cool down a tent and make it "sleepable" in just a short while.

Some shade during the day might help as well. Try the old Tarp awning trick to not only protect from some of the rain, but to give some shade as well. OR - you could try the "reflect X" stuff that some folks drape their tents with. (i have heard that the cheapo metalic "survival blankets" that you can get at WalMart work just as well at deflecting the heat and keeping tents and campers considerably cooler. just attach them with the large bull clips that you can get from any office supply place. - they wont blow off that way.)

Good Luck - lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter