Is it okay to put family first? (Response to royal family stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really though, whom among us hasn’t been in their shoes? You go on vacation, get away from the stresses of daily life, and start feeling relaxed. At some point you turn to your spouse and say, “What if we just didn’t go back?” Your spouse laughs at first, but the idea grows as the two of you start to talk about how you could get a little cabin on the Canadian frozen tundra and lead a simpler, happier life away from all the pressures back home. And sure, you know your relatives will be disappointed but you have to do what’s best for your little family and they’ll come around eventually. Next thing you know, you’re making a global announcement and stepping down from your royal duties.

The answer here is obvious:

View attachment 463970
:rotfl:Pretty sure they won't be moving to the Yukon. I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic, but Canada is far from being the Frozen Tundra, especially Vancouver Island. LOL

:rotfl:Pretty sure they won't be moving to the Yukon. I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic, but Canada is far from being the Frozen Tundra, especially Vancouver Island. LOL
It was a reference to earlier in the thread when someone said the Canadian frozen tundra would have Meghan running back to the UK in no time.

Really though, whom among us hasn’t been in their shoes? You go on vacation, get away from the stresses of daily life, and start feeling relaxed. At some point you turn to your spouse and say, “What if we just didn’t go back?” Your spouse laughs at first, but the idea grows as the two of you start to talk about how you could get a little cabin on the Canadian frozen tundra and lead a simpler, happier life away from all the pressures back home.

Summer of 2010, at the end of our Disney vacation, I cried because I hated my job and didn't want to go back home.

Meghan is the product of a fractured family and had no bond with anyone, other than her mother. I suspect, it’s because Mother focused all of her attention on daughter. The Duchess has no idea how to function in a relationship, unless it’s all about her. She wasn’t the star of the royal family, so she alienated Harry from them. She used poor Archie to seal the deal. Markle has no desire to be part of a family. She is all about Meghan and controlling all who enter HER universe.
Hey, but it’s just my opinion.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/01/09/a-woke-wallis-simpson
Not sure if the link works but in my opinion this commentary Sums it all up nicely.

One thingthe article mentions is the lack of duty which when I think about it affects many in the new generations. Today it’s all about me,me and making my life great and my happiness but whatever happened to a sense of duty? Not just in the case of the royals but for many a normal people

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with them leaving the responsibilities that they have in the UK but then give up the money that you are given and spend your own. I knew nothing about Megan Markle because I never watched Suits but I always questioned her truth in the interview she did when she got engaged that she had no idea that Harry was "Prince Harry", If she truly believed that then I have some frozen tundra land in Canada that I would love to sell her! I have been to Vancouver (and loved the entire city!) so I don't feel really bad for her to stepping away from any royal duties!

Did they remove Prince Andrew?

I don't think he was ever in it ...

Via CNN .. part of the museum's comments .... "The works previously stood alongside The Queen, Prince Philip, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Madame Tussauds said they will be separated from the family to mirror their "progressive new role within the Royal institution." .... They are just moving to spot of their own.

Last edited:
Family First.

Maybe this is what Harry has wanted all along and now he has an "excuse." The way his wife is treated. What his son may have to deal with one day. Not only does she face criticism but she also has to deal with the racism. Maybe, just maybe, Harry is thinking about his son who is also black and what he may have to deal with if he stays in this life.

He watched what was done to his mother and he doesn't want it repeated. He remembers being a child in that life after his mother died and doesn't want to be in the middle of it. Now that William has 3 kids it was his easy out.

It really irks me when people automatically blame the wife when a man stands up for himself. As if all men are weak and only do what a woman tells them. He's a grown man that can make his own decisions and Harry has always struck me as the rebel. This comes as no surprise to me.

Family First.

Maybe this is what Harry has wanted all along and now he has an "excuse." The way his wife is treated. What his son may have to deal with one day. Not only does she face criticism but she also has to deal with the racism. Maybe, just maybe, Harry is thinking about his son who is also black and what he may have to deal with if he stays in this life.

He watched what was done to his mother and he doesn't want it repeated. He remembers being a child in that life after his mother died and doesn't want to be in the middle of it. Now that William has 3 kids it was his easy out.

It really irks me when people automatically blame the wife when a man stands up for himself. As if all men are weak and only do what a woman tells them. He's a grown man that can make his own decisions and Harry has always struck me as the rebel. This comes as no surprise to me.

And even if Meghan was the one who wanted to leave, can anyone really blame her.
She is hated over there, and maybe her husband who loves her doesn't want her to have live the rest of her life doing her "duty" for those who hate her. Maybe he doesn't want his son, or any other children they have growing up surrounded by people who hate their mother.
Good on him for doing what is right for his wife and his son.

I don't much care what they do and all, but it seems like they blindsided the Queen with the announcement. The least they could do is have the discussions with her privately first. Don't disrespect your grandmother like that - even if she wasn't the Queen!

I don't have any problem with them leaving the responsibilities that they have in the UK but then give up the money that you are given and spend your own. I knew nothing about Megan Markle because I never watched Suits but I always questioned her truth in the interview she did when she got engaged that she had no idea that Harry was "Prince Harry", If she truly believed that then I have some frozen tundra land in Canada that I would love to sell her! I have been to Vancouver (and loved the entire city!) so I don't feel really bad for her to stepping away from any royal duties!

I think that is the biggest issue. Had they said "we want to forge our own way, create our own place on earth, be financially independent" ... I think most people would say good for you, go for it, do great things. But their instagram announcement was the premise of we want to do our own thing but we still want to keep the perks ... that seems to have been repeated by subsequent messages "coming out of royal family" and doesn't have good optics.

It was just released a couple hours ago that the Queen was calling a meeting with all four teams (hers, Charles, William and Harry) to work together to find workable solutions. It also said that they didn't think H&M would change their minds but that their plan to keep their titles and royal income was possibly in jeopardy. It was discussed that Charles could withhold the income funds and they were in a position to ask them to pay rent if they wanted to continue to stay in the Frogmore "Cottage". Stated they may have to give up their titles (I mean if you aren't doing the job that comes with it). It was noted that this might have been in the works a LONG time since they didn't give the baby a title and gave him a last name, which would be the name they would use without titles. Strange at the time, maybe not so much now.

It will be interesting to follow for sure. I have to wonder if deep down Harry was always looking for that partner that, for whatever reasons, would be his out. He never seemed happy nor did he fit in.

Last edited:
The U.K. tabloids are reporting that the Duchess of Sussex left her son in Canada when she returned to the U.K. last weekend, flew back to Canada yesterday and was not wearing her wedding bands at her only solo engagement this week.

The irony of his position on "financial independence" so as to avoid the sort of pressure brought to bear on his mother, is that it was his mother's early death that is enabling this decision. The Princess of Wales only had a lot of money at the time of her death because her divorce had recently been finalized, had she lived, she almost surely would have spent that settlement down to nearly nothing by this point (she was well-known for being unable to manage money, even before her marriage.) The British royal family has a tradition of keeping everyone except the Sovereign & the Heir Presumptive rather cash-poor; for one thing, it helps to keep their public behavior in line. If the Duke had not inherited a huge sum of money that was held in trust and managed for him for 20 years, he would still probably be serving as active-duty Army.

FTR, the Civil List was abolished quite a while ago; now the Queen pays some expenses directly from her personal funds, while the Sovereign Grant pays out compensation for work performed (such as official goodwill tours, etc.) Grace & Favor residences are owned by the Crown and in the gift of the Sovereign, but that "gift" is actually a life estate; they cannot sell those properties. If the Sussex family gives up royal duties entirely, they could end up turfed out of Frogmore House if they don't take up the cost of upkeep, because it is part of the Sovereign's personal estate, but as it is an historic structure, upkeep is supported by the Sovereign Grant.

My understanding is that the major fly in the ointment, financially speaking, is security. The Sovereign Grant estimates security for that family costs around $6.5M(US) each year, and their personal fortunes amount only to about 4X that. Cutting security costs is likely to severely curb this bi-continental lifestyle they plan to pursue, unless the Duchess returns to her former career (which I can't see happening, because of the increased cost of insuring her on-set. Professionally, she's no Meryl Streep, so I doubt many producers would consider the cost to be worth it.) Of course, now that the mighty Weinstein Company has crumbled, there is always the chance that someone plans to step into that gap and try to produce film and TV for a living.

It is my opinion that if the SOCIAL and Print Media would just LEAVE THEM ALONE, things would be better for them. Every single time I see a picture of them, I do empathize. Prince Harry is not anywhere near being a future KING, but the constant media thing is insane!!! I understand the fascination with Kate and William a bit more. And I still cringe at the daily "news" of them.

Meghan is the product of a fractured family and had no bond with anyone, other than her mother. I suspect, it’s because Mother focused all of her attention on daughter. The Duchess has no idea how to function in a relationship, unless it’s all about her. She wasn’t the star of the royal family, so she alienated Harry from them. She used poor Archie to seal the deal. Markle has no desire to be part of a family. She is all about Meghan and controlling all who enter HER universe.
Hey, but it’s just my opinion.

And you know all this how??? Jeez, you sound like one of the venomous tabloids over there. Oh but wait, maybe I'm wrong about how you've chosen to word your opinion. When did you get your degree in psychology? Because you seem to have diagnosed the Duchess of Sussex as a malignant narcissist without knowing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter