is it hard to get into vwl?

Chim Chiminy

stale marshmallows sting when they hit you
We own at BCV, so I am asking about the 7 month window obviously. We almost always go during the summer, during late August or in June. My husband loves the Wilderness Lodge, but I don't really want to own there. So how difficult is it to get a studio or one bedroom at the VWL?
TIA!!!!

As more owners of the new resorts come on board DVC, the smaller resorts like VWL and BCV will get harder to make a reservation at. You never know though until you try, but you may want to first make the reservation at your home resort at 11 months, then change it at the 7 month mark if you can.

You could also consider trading with an owner from the VWL who may want to try out the BCV. I did this with someone so we could try HHI and the trade worked out very well.

Good luck.

HBC

We've made two ressies at VWL at the 7 month date and didn't have any problems. One was for Oct and the other for May. Both times were for studios. And we are pretty flexible about days of arrival, etc. but have never had to change what we were planning to get a room. I've heard Christmas can be difficult. As the other poster suggested, you won't know until you give it a try.

Our last trip was this past July. Which I booked a studio at 6 month out. Now I was talking with the CM at the Front Desk they mentioned the WL and VWL were 100% booked for the week we were there. You never know. I would book at my home resort at 11 months out and then change it at 7 months to the other resort if it's available.

This past July, we were scheduled to go to HH for 5 days, but in May a scheduling problem came up. We were also scheduled for BCV at the end of August. When I called and tried to move the HH ressies, I was told HH was booked solid, so I took the points and tacked them on to our August trip with a stay at WLV. We were able to get a 2 BR for Thur - Sat and then moved to BCV on Sun. We were well within the 7 month window and still got in.

The hardest time to get into WLV is Christmas because it is so beautifully decorated and it's wonderful location to all the great holiday special events at MK like Mickey's Very Merry Chirstmas Party, Christmas parade, shows, etc., makes this a very preferred location during the holidays. I tried 2 yrs in a row to get into WLV at Christmas and could not get a reservation.

I was put on the waitlist for BWV, BCV and VWL for a two bedroom 37 days out for this trip in September...... VWL came thru and the others still havent.... So you never know.

I called at the 7 month window for a 2 BR at VWL for President's week and was able to get it. We're waitlisted for BCV (DS wants their pool). Personally if the waitlist doesn't come through I'll be happy. I'm getting really excited about VWL.

We had a two bedroom booked at VWL for mid-July.

Around last May our two oldest got jobs/internships and couldn't join us. We changed our dates to the end of July and downsized to a one-bedroom. We had absolutely no problem doing this two months ahead of time. :D

I called 2 1/2 months out for a studio room the week of our spring break (last week of March.) I told MS to check for any resort. He found availability at OKW and VWL. Because VWL is our home resort and DH loves it, that's where we stayed.

I was on vacation at OKW for 3 weeks during Spring Break and decieded half way through to give VWL a try and low and behold we got in by phoning Member Services at OKW. So like many people say " you never really know" . I really think most people on the boards over emphasis on how hard it is to get into resorts that are not your actual Home resort. Most people in DVC like myself really cannot plan a trip 11 months in advance.I know this from just chatting with many members when we are staying at DVC resorts.

So far I haven't used the 11 month window but I also haven't tried to get into VWL at Christmas. I used the 7 month window to get into BCV and wound up have to change it 2 months out using the day by day waitlist.

I think it gets harder to get into certain resorts, meaning you have to make more of an effort. But it isn't impossible. People make cancellations and changes all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter