Is FW Cabins a good option for us?

mob

Earning My Ears
Grammy wants to take the family to WDW in August, all expense paid. Great idea, but a planning nightmare. She's leaning towards the cabins, believe it or not...because the bathrooms are more private and because of the kitchesn. Anway, here's our setup. Please advise if this is a good option given our specific family make-ups. TIA

One family is mom, dad, 10YO boy, 5 yo boy w/Down's syndrome (developmentally about 2) and a girl celebrating her 3rd birthday.

Then there's me , my husband and our 2.5 year old son, plus grandma.

My concern is getting around FW with the little ones. I hear its really spread out. Any light you can shed is appreciated. Thanks, again,
mob

FW would be a very choice with you - especially with so many children! They can run around and play and you don't have to worry about them bothering the people in the next "room"! They will love all the open spaces to play, as well as all the things to keep them occupied!

The cabins are set up to sleep 6 people. The couch in the living room sleeps 2, then the bedroom has one double bed and a set of bunk beds. There is a TV in both the living room and the bedroom. There is only one bathroom.

The kitchen has all the appliances - including microwave, stove/oven, full size refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster and dishwasher. There is also a deck with a bbq grill. You need to supply your own charcoal and lighter fluid, and your own coffee & filters.

Housekeeping comes in every day, just like the other resorts, and replenishes your shampoos and soaps and towels. They do your dishes too, and clean out your grill.

Getting around FW is very easy. You can either rent golf carts or if that's too expensive, then the internal bus system is wonderful. You are never far from a bus stop, and the buses run quite frequently!

Getting to the parks is easy too! The MK is just a short boat ride from FW. To get to Epcot or MGM, just take the bus to the TTC then transfer to the monorail or MGM bus. There is a bus that goes straight to AK from FW!

You will have a great time at FW. It's a very relaxing place to come "home" to after a busy day in the parks! The kids will love the campfire program every night too!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

I agree with Rhonda. We stayed in the cabins in late Feb. and it was so nice to have the extra room (we are a family of five with three teenagers - 2 boys and 1 girl).

I really think with children you will enjoy the extra room. If you can afford the golf carts then get one. We didn't because we didn't think about it until late. We got along just fine without one.

The bus system is good and your children and their grandmother will probably really enjoy taking the boat to MK. Request a loop near a bus stop and that will save a little bit on walking.

There is tons to do at FW. I know the next time we go back (hopefully soon)we want to stay at FW :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest