Is Everyone Ready for their January Trip?

brunette8706

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Happy Holidays! Frankly, I'm glad they are over. Got stressed out with the shopping, cooking and entertaining non stop. Anyway, is everyone ready for their January trip? LOL!:cloud9:

I can not wait to go! January 5th here we come! :cool1:

Brunette

Yes! just got done shoveling my car out of over 2 feet of snow..Jan 4th seems so close yet so far! Hope you all have a great time on your trips!

13 more days for the girlfriend and I! Looks like low 70's the whole week we're there with lows being high 50's!

the 21st for us but we are flying out on the 19th!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!

anyone know the temp. today at the parks...i am starting to fear the cold with my little ones....oh well it has to be better than ohio right???? RIGHT!?

We are so anxious to go! We fly out of Detroit to Orlando on the 31st. We can't wait. :goodvibes

I hope everyone has a wonderful time, and it looks like some warm weather is coming our way! :dance3:

Yep, we are ready to leave for WDW on January 6, and dd runs the half-marathon on the 8th. We're both getting excited about it. Staying at AKL. Can't wait!!

Yes, I heard the weather will be in the 70's! Sounds GREAT! You know I do love the Christmas holiday at Disney. Love seeing the decorations, the castle lit at night (a MUST DO) and Osbourne lights (another MUST DO). But this is what happens to me, I'll explain. We went a few times the 2nd week in December and all is good. It's when you get back to your home town, that things need to be done for the holidays. Food prep, shopping, more shopping, getting the house straighten up, so on and so on! LOL!

This January trip, all the hustle and bustle is OVER, it's time to have fun and RELAX! Last year we went after Christmas (12/26) and that was nice too! Once again, all is over and done with the holidays! LOL!

Someone mentioned Animal Kingdom lodge, we LOVE it there! You'll have a great time. We also LOVE BOMA their flagship restaurant. It's the best buffet at WDW in our opinion! LOL

Brunette

I'm soooooooooooooo ready! We leave the 13th!:woohoo:

4 women with no kids....Lapu Lapus and the tequila cave!

YES!!!! We also had 2 feet of snow - so I can't wait until Jan 8! :) We go to Disney to escape from the cold/ice/snow every January...this year, we really didn't have any bad weather - until today! I'm praying that January 8th comes fast!

Help me fellow Disers...I am not ready for our trip!!

We fly out on Jan 30th for a 7 day trip. For 5 months I have been dreaming, excited and thrilled for this trip. But in the last couple weeks have started to think it is a mistake. :sad2

I get sick to my stomach when I think about Disney. (why I am on here not sure, trying to get some magic back)

Some things have come up in the last 10 days that have cost us $$$, the trip wasn't fully paid for yet and we had yet to by our flights.

So the $$ aspect is making me sick. We weren't expecting these bills and now are stuck. Went ahead and booked flights, the cheapest we could get is a cramped Spirit flight out of Detroit that will be miserable.
DH is 6'3 and the seats are the closest of ALL USA planes!!! 28 inch pitch, he is going to be folded like a pretzel. Then I will be cramped as a little Pooh sitting beside him....UGH, not a pretty site.

I just can't get over the yucky feeling I get from trying to go ahead with this vacation.
I know that when we will get there it will be better. I keep saying that, but how would you deal with feeling this way and still go? I just keep shaking my head....:sad1:

Snow ?

We are having 95 degrees days here in Buenos Aires, Argentina !!
Too hot...but the swimming pool at my in-laws helps through this terrible days. :cool1:

-6 days for our trip to WDW (staying at Pop Century) !! :woohoo:

Help me fellow Disers...I am not ready for our trip!!

We fly out on Jan 30th for a 7 day trip. For 5 months I have been dreaming, excited and thrilled for this trip. But in the last couple weeks have started to think it is a mistake. :sad2

I get sick to my stomach when I think about Disney. (why I am on here not sure, trying to get some magic back)

Some things have come up in the last 10 days that have cost us $$$, the trip wasn't fully paid for yet and we had yet to by our flights.

So the $$ aspect is making me sick. We weren't expecting these bills and now are stuck. Went ahead and booked flights, the cheapest we could get is a cramped Spirit flight out of Detroit that will be miserable.
DH is 6'3 and the seats are the closest of ALL USA planes!!! 28 inch pitch, he is going to be folded like a pretzel. Then I will be cramped as a little Pooh sitting beside him....UGH, not a pretty site.

I just can't get over the yucky feeling I get from trying to go ahead with this vacation.
I know that when we will get there it will be better. I keep saying that, but how would you deal with feeling this way and still go? I just keep shaking my head....:sad1:

You either bite the bullet and go and have fun despite the financial aspect of it or postpone the trip until you feel secure financially that the trip won't be a burden. To go and worry to is just counterproductive. Make a decision and go with it! We've personally done both options and don't regret our trip that we did one time when we know we didn't really have the money to do it. We just worked harder to pay for it afterwards. We've also cancelled trips we knew we really weren't ready for financially and it was a good feeling. Disney will always be there!

So, whatever you decide, I wish you the best! :cheer2:

Starting to pack today! I can't wait, I'm so excited because we are going with a big group of family and friends! A dream come true! :cloud9:

I'm not ready! We leave in less than 3 weeks and I've yet to do anything in regard to packing. I'm hoping this week I can start going through stuff. While I'm ready to relax, I'm starting to feel a little stress about packing. I find packing for my January trip to be the worse of all trips. Just too many options to pack for the weather.

Sort of ready!! Got the plane tix, the Park tickets; a couple of ADR's; (one dinner meal will be at Universal & I am still looking into that & the other restaurant doesnt take ADR's) still have to purchase La Nouba tickets--wish I could get a DVC or AP discount! And just holding my breath a bit so that we don't have a winter like last year. Jan was brutal & I just don't want to be like the poor souls this weekend sleeping in airports & not knowing when their flight is going to leave.....Also, packing not done, but hey, I have 4weeks to go !! Enjoy, everyone going before us!! Debbie

I am ready. We leave the 29th for 8 days. My wife was just working on the Excel spreadsheet of our daily activities...trust me this is fun for her. We made a few more reservations online last night, very cool btw. Now we are trying to decide between Wolfgang Puck's and Fulton's.

Leaving the 21st and we are almost ready. ADR's are made hotel is booked with my PIN and got a great deal on flights. Just need to buy tickets and pack! Can't wait!:banana:

We start driving down on Friday! Can't wait. I did on-line check-in already. Got all of our lanyards out and looked over our autograph books, pens, pins, etc. I have my Disney bag that I keep in a drawer between trips. I have a print out of all of the stops along I-95, which we have found very useful in the past.

I got the email from Disney today about those incredibly expensive gift baskets that you have sent to your room. I was thinking I should just make up one of my own and put it out in the room to surprise the kids instead. Too bad we have so much snow here that I haven't been able to get out! Maybe we'll just buy stuff there! :)

I am setting aside stuff to pack. Keep waiting to make sure of the weather. I hope it holds true to these wonderfully warm projections! I want the kids get to swim! They LOVE that clown slide! We have a whole day of not going to the parks to spend at the pool and Boardwalk. (4 day military ticket only)

I have printed out my ADRs. I have my Disney Visa rewards card. I need to transfer the money to it, but I like to do that while we are there just cause I am so scared to lose the card and lose all the money!

I keep reading all of the closures that start on Monday and try to plan what we should do on Sunday! Plus it will probably be the last day for Christmas decorations everywhere. I would theoretically like to go to every park and every parade in one day, but that is impossible - especially with three kids.

But our biggest plan for Sunday is to go to CRT for the very first time! We have never planned our trips far enough in advance to get a reservation there. And we have always wanted to dine inside the castle (despite the bad food reviews). DD got a Cinderella costume for Christmas to wear just for the occasion. Can't wait to see her smiling face at the castle. She will be too excited to even eat. Contemplating a BBB reservation beforehand...

Best wishes to the fellow January visitors. Safe travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter