Is bibbidi bobbidi boutique worth the time and money?

We did the middle package and brought our own dress. We did it 3 times. When she was 3, 5 and 9. I believe twice we did 8 am ADR's for BBB and once we did 11 am. All 3 times we did CRT for lunch the same day. My DD LOVED it each time. Well worth the time and money.

What are the quality of the dresses like?

I'm considering taking my daughter this year when we go in October. I'd be willing to pay for the extra cost for her to pick out a dress but are the dresses "nicer" or higher quality than a regular Halloween costume?
They are nicer than Halloween costumes. However, you can purchase nicer princess dresses (and more comfortable ones) for less money elsewhere.

My DD has done BBB 4 times and Mermaid at Pirates League twice. She loved them all! We have always brought our own dresses. She never touched her hair or makeup (there is a lot of face paint with the Mermaid). She absolutely loved the attention she got. After her first time at age 4, she whispered to me, "They think I'm Cinderella!"

Great time to buy dresses is after Halloween at the Disney Store. Last trip since we went in August I got DD The Little Mermaid dress which has the bottom shaped like a mermaid. It was sleeveless and not as heavy as the other dresses. It wasn't on sale since it was before Halloween but a way better deal than getting it at WDW. Also that style wasn't even available at WDW.

Our girls loved it! No complaints about being itchy or hot and we were there early September 2017. If they want to do it again this coming September, I'm all for it. We did it at the Castle location and made it super special. First BBB then BOG dinner and then MNSSHP. They had a blast!

BBB2017.jpg

My will be 9 year old requested it this trip. We have never done it, but I got an appointment on our arrival day at Disney Springs for her and her younger cousin. We are bringing our own costume. I figure she'll have fun, she'll be able to say she's done it and it is likely the last time she's going to want to do it since she is going to be 9. We weren't planning on doing a park on arrival day anyways, so our main task will just be entertaining the boy children while the girls go.

Depending on when you are visiting think about how comfortable your kid will be all dressed up. My 5 year old was in 85 degree weather at magic kingdom in t shirt and shorts. We got her pixie dusted for free at the couture place by the castle and she was as happy as a clam. Win win for us both!!

We have done it our last two trips and my dd was 4 and 5. Both times were at MK and earlier in the day so she could enjoy it all day. We just planned a last minute trip though and as of right now we only have a later in the day time, but she says she really wants to do it still. She's 5.5 now. Her first time was one of my top fave memories of her ever! It was so precious and such a sweet and special memory seeing her reaction at the end. She has super sensitive skin and has issues with costumes and dresses, so we always bring our own. She has loved wearing the pj gown type from Target bc they are softer. Last time she wore one from Little Adventures which make princess inspired dresses that are comfy and washable. This last time, she really enjoyed the little photo shoot next door at the couture place (at MK), not sure if that's newer or we just never realized it was there in the past. My son has always done the prince package, but I think our last time in sept was his last because he noticed it was mostly girls and was feeling a bit hesitant to do it, he just turned 7.

I asked her last night if she wanted to do it and she very excitedly said YES!! She also said she wants to do the dress and all! I didn't think she would. Guess I better take advantage of it now! She was so excited!

Honestly, I think it really depends on your child. If your child is totally into dress-up and/or princesses, its probably 'worth it.' We've only done the BBB on cruises - and my daughter LOVES it. Personally, we've never done it at the parks because my daughter doesn't really like wearing dresses in the park.

We did do pirates league at the parks and she did the mermaid package. I would recommend that over the BBB at MK. Its a bit less congested and the outfit is a lot more wearable than the princess dresses. She also LOVED that experience.

My daughter is obsessed with dressing up and all things girly. If your child is not, then I wouldn't do it. Its pretty expensive - the time commitment is minimal IMHO. Maybe 45 minutes (?) They are pretty fast.

What is the pirates league mermaid package? Tell me more! :)

BBB had just debuted before our trip when dd was 6yo (she's now 16yo). I didn't mention it to her, but she saw all the advertisements when we were there and never asked to do it. I did sign her up for a kid's Pirate Cruise at POR which she loved.

Dd was 100% a princess girl. She had tons of dresses at home and knew all the movies inside and out. During our trips she planned her dresses according to our character dining and we would bring the dress to the meal then change out of it afterwards for the parks. Dd had no interest in wearing them around the parks.

The following year I planned a Mommy & Me trip for her 7th birthday. We OD'd on princesses during our 5 days at WDW...and saw Cinderella (her favorite) four times! I gave dd the choice between doing BBB or going on another Pirate Cruise and she said..."Mom, I'd rather BE a pirate than dress up as a princess!" (I should note this was years before they started the Pirate League.) Dd had a blast on the Pirate Cruise out of the Grand Floridian that trip.

We did visit the barber shop where they did some pixie dust on dd while her hair was up in a pony tail. Dd hated the hair spray in her hair and couldn't wait to wash it out. At that point I was really glad she wasn't interested in BBB.

Over the years I've heard/seen lots of little girls complaining around the parks about itchy dressy and hair that hurts. The worst by far though was the little girl in the bathroom near 1900 Park Fare bawling w/ her grandmother because her feet hurt so much.

I always look at the kids wearing dresses and think how miserable they must be!! We're usually their in May and I'm hot in my t-shirt and shorts so I know they have to be. I would opt for no dress for sure if we decided to do it. I just know that this may be the last year that she would be interested in it.

Miserable? No at all! Wearing her Belle dress around the park all day was an absolute highlight for her. Fantastic experience all around!

Miserable? No at all! Wearing her Belle dress around the park all day was an absolute highlight for her. Fantastic experience all around!

Glad to hear positive reviews of this. We are taking our granddaughters and grandson in May. We'll bring along extra clothes for the girls in case they don't want to stay dressed up all day. And there are so many cute options of t-shirt type princess dresses on Etsy that look very comfortable. And I really recommend the Little Dress Up shop for comfortable, non-glitter-shedding dresses that are really comfortable. Got a dress for each of the girls there.

Sorry to be a pain but one quick question? I looked online and it is not giving me the option to book a reservation. Is this something you show up and wait for? Or is there some way to book in advance? Thanks so much!
I believe that we called to make reservations..... We definitely booked in advance. I'm pretty sure its much easier to get reservations than it was for BBB.

My DD is doing this for the third time on our trip this May. I have a question though, I've heard the hairstyles have changed and they no longer use the gel and hair spray? I'm just concerned it will fall out within an hour because her hair is on the finer side! Anyone done this recently?

As far as BBB and Pirate's League reservations, you must book both over the phone. I wish they would make it bookable online like ADRs!

We have "4" girls and "0" are into this. They have worn princess dresses around the parks but it only lasts a few minutes and they are off. Now, tell our youngest she can dress as a pirate for the day and she's all in!!! My sisters 2 girls love it. It doesn't really take that long and if you have a child who loves it the time spent is as valuable as time spent waiting on a ride. I'm not big into the makeup but admit they look precious. Have a great trip.

My kids were never interested but I never brought it up either....why...because I would hate to spend all that money and then my kids would want to go swimming or get wet in the park from the sprayers or a ride. And well they would need a shower that day because I wouldn’t let them sleep with the glitter in their hair on a clean pillowcase.

I know I am mean. But i am sure it is worth it to see your pretty princess all dolled up and the expression on her face is most likely priceless.

Did it in September...our 3yo loved it. Brought the dress from home and did the hair/makeup package. In and out in about 40 minutes. Went to CRT for lunch after and loved it. My little one will get her chance in a couple years.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!