Is bibbidi bobbidi boutique worth the time and money?

firsttimer4

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about our 4th Disney trip. My little girl will be 8. I've always opted not to do the boutique. Mainly because I figured we could be spending that time out in the park. How much time does it take from your day? Do you find it worth it?

Honestly, I think it really depends on your child. If your child is totally into dress-up and/or princesses, its probably 'worth it.' We've only done the BBB on cruises - and my daughter LOVES it. Personally, we've never done it at the parks because my daughter doesn't really like wearing dresses in the park.

We did do pirates league at the parks and she did the mermaid package. I would recommend that over the BBB at MK. Its a bit less congested and the outfit is a lot more wearable than the princess dresses. She also LOVED that experience.

My daughter is obsessed with dressing up and all things girly. If your child is not, then I wouldn't do it. Its pretty expensive - the time commitment is minimal IMHO. Maybe 45 minutes (?) They are pretty fast.

They have different packages available, I think the "grand" castle package is $199? We currently have reservations in May @ the MK location. I was planning on doing the $50.00 package that includes t-shirt, nails, hair. My 8 year old is not the frilly type. I am thinking about canceling though, alas we may not do a Disney day on our offsite visit this year. :guilty::guilty::guilty:

We did the cheaper package and took our own dress. It was plenty magical for my DD7 but once was enough for her.

I'm curious about how long it takes as well! 8 seems on the older side to me, but my almost 9 year old said she wants to do it in August. Mainly because she's jealous of her 6 yo sister I'm sure. We plan to only do the "castle" package (no dress) since we have tons of princess dresses already and in August the thought of wearing the princess dresses is terrible!

I always look at the kids wearing dresses and think how miserable they must be!! We're usually their in May and I'm hot in my t-shirt and shorts so I know they have to be. I would opt for no dress for sure if we decided to do it. I just know that this may be the last year that she would be interested in it.

My daughter will be 7 when we go next and I plan to take her. I plan to buy a "princess inspired" dress so that she can still dress up, but not roast in a Disney dress. I think it's definitely worth the money for the lowest package.

I agree with "it depends on the kid". My daughter did it on her 5th birthday, so it was special and she was still into dress up. By the time she was 8, she was much happier going on space mountain.

Do it. If she’s talking about it, mentioned it, insinuated she wanted to do it...do it.
You’ll regret it when she’s older if you don’t. You can’t get this time back.
The Crown package is just hair, nails, makeup. You can bring your own dress. I love the princess inspired dresses on Etsy.

I'm curious about how long it takes as well! 8 seems on the older side to me, but my almost 9 year old said she wants to do it in August. Mainly because she's jealous of her 6 yo sister I'm sure. We plan to only do the "castle" package (no dress) since we have tons of princess dresses already and in August the thought of wearing the princess dresses is terrible!
Since they changed the styles year it takes about 20-30 minutes for hair and makeup. We bought the cheapo package and brought the dress.

We brought a dress from home and went with the least expensive package. It was the deluxe Anna dress from Disneystore.com, but it was nicer than the ones they had at the stores in the parks and cheaper.

My daughter was six and we opted to go to the BBB in Disney Springs on our non-park day. She was actually made over in the storefront window instead of the boutique which was very cool!

40449011491_3521d28411.jpg

When she was done she joined a bunch of other little princesses on a carousel ride. I also took her for more pictures since we had photo pass that trip.

26578015708_02829cc0b0.jpg

Her dad saw a movie while we were be girly. We took her to dinner at Garden Grove. Goofy is her favorite!

25577923057_d1a6ab7e78.jpg

It was totally worth it for us! This was actually my favorite day of that trip and we never set foot in a park.

I think it depends on the child ( and ur Expectation)
My niece has done this sooo many times. Last time I commented on how much she must like it to get it done again and again.
Her response... she was Over it, but mommy wanted her to do it, as she was making memories.
I laughed so hard and so long. She’s no longer doing it. (She also told me her head ached as the hair was so very tight. She was too timid to speak up. :(. )
So... if u think ur little one would enjoy it and ur willing to pay and willing to lose the park time for a “do” go for it.
Whatever you decide.. have a great time “ making memories”

I think it depends on your kid too. My oldest has done it twice. She loved it. Both my girls are doing BBB for my 3 year old's birthday when she turns 4. Honestly, my oldest who is 7 now likes Pirates League more these days. We bring our own dresses and doing the hair, makeup, and nails at BBB. I do think it is worth it if your kid is into it. Their reactions are priceless.

As others have mentioned, depends on your child and whether or not they are into that sort of thing.

We took our 5 year old on her birthday and she is very, very girly; the experience was priceless. We brought our own dress from home which she wore for a short time afterwards and then changed. I think the whole thing took probably less than an hour but sometimes they are really busy and appointments get backed up as the day goes on. I would try making the earliest appointment available. Bring a change of clothes for her in case she gets itchy or hot in the dress. The hair is a bit of a pain in the aftermath - we had to use lots and lots of conditioner and a few different types of brushes to get all that hair spray out so be prepared for that as well.

It's "worth it" for sure. I would say go for it if she wants to do it. At 8 it might be your last chance at it!

What are the quality of the dresses like?

I'm considering taking my daughter this year when we go in October. I'd be willing to pay for the extra cost for her to pick out a dress but are the dresses "nicer" or higher quality than a regular Halloween costume?

At 5 we did it with my daughter. She brought her own Cinderella dress and I payed for everything else. A picture of that is still on my desk at work,

What are the quality of the dresses like?

I'm considering taking my daughter this year when we go in October. I'd be willing to pay for the extra cost for her to pick out a dress but are the dresses "nicer" or higher quality than a regular Halloween costume?
Yes they are a bit nicer but covered in sparkles!!!!

My dd did it at 3, at 7 for her birthday and is turning 10 this summer and wants to do it again. This time she doesn't want to wear a princess dress, but will get the hair, nails and make up done. This will probably be our last trip before she turns 12. If your dd wants to do it, I'd go for it.

Both my dd's did it last year when they were 3 and 11. We had an 8:00 appointment and we were done in plenty of time to take the photos in the shop nearby (can't remember the name) and pictures in front of the castle and still have time to make it to a ride at rope drop. I just went back and looked and we were outside the castle by 8:37 am (and had already done other photos).

This was my oldest dd's second time doing it and I was very disappointed in how long it lasted. She was looking pretty rough by lunch time. When we did it in 2010, her hair lasted for days!

On our first visit, we were in line for Dumbo right behind a couple of girls who had just been made up. They were both grabbing at their hairsprayed heads moaning about how itchy and uncomfortable they were. The mom promised they could wash it out the second they got back to the hotel and they would never have to do it again. That made my mind up it was not something we needed to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter