Is anyone else's favorite resort Grand Floridian?

GF has always been a dream resort and we were trying to stay there for our big trip in May 2020 on a split with the Poly, but the dates didn’t work out for availability. :(

We are definitely Poly people—the reason we wanted to split is because my partner is a Poly gal for life lol. But we liked the little bit of time we spent visiting GF on our trip last year. We had a spa day and that is definitely going to be a tradition. Cast was out of this world amazing.

I didn’t understand the “snooty” complaints people make about feeling uncomfortable with the GF crowd until we sat in the women’s lounge waiting on our spa treatments. That was definitely a country club housewife set who were looking at a couple of queer punk girls with purple hair like we had six heads between us lol. But I’m not the type of person who lets things like that bother me. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there in the future.

I didn’t understand the “snooty” complaints people make about feeling uncomfortable with the GF crowd until we sat in the women’s lounge waiting on our spa treatments. That was definitely a country club housewife set who were looking at a couple of queer punk girls with purple hair like we had six heads between us lol. But I’m not the type of person who lets things like that bother me. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there in the future.

For all you know, that lady was staying at POP and just visiting the GF for her spa treatment. You will find "those" people who stare at anyone who they perceive to be different everywhere you travel. Just watch how some folks stare, comment or make faces when an overweight person dares to order an ice cream cone, or when an "obviously" healthy person uses an ECV. It is sad, however it happens.

Or....that lady could have been me>I tend to admire funky hair, gorgeous saris, beautiful headdresses, awesome tattoos.... I don't mean to stare, but I bet to some folks it may seem so.

Whatever you do, do not avoid the Grand because some lady was snooty. The resort is not snooty at all, I mean my crew of 9 stayed there a few times and you know we are bumpkins by most standards, but no one treated my "farm" family in any way other than cordially and friendly.

Whatever you do, do not avoid the Grand because some lady was snooty. The resort is not snooty at all, I mean my crew of 9 stayed there a few times and you know we are bumpkins by most standards, but no one treated my "farm" family in any way other than cordially and friendly.

We'll be staying there in November and aren't snooty by any means. In fact, some of our party can't afford to be there without some financial help from others.

We'll be staying there in November and aren't snooty by any means. In fact, some of our party can't afford to be there without some financial help from others.
I get it! We have to save a lot to stay in any of the Deluxe options. Your family will love this resort. My DD and DSIL are Poly people, and much prefer it there, however DD learned the hard way not to assume that their DD felt the same way. She upgraded from POR to the POLY and was thrilled, but when she was talking with my DGD and insisted it was the "family" favorite, Kady corrected her. Apparently my lovely DGD is a "Grand Girl" just like her Nana! LOL! She likes the Poly, but given a choice would stay at the Grand.

For all you know, that lady was staying at POP and just visiting the GF for her spa treatment. You will find "those" people who stare at anyone who they perceive to be different everywhere you travel. Just watch how some folks stare, comment or make faces when an overweight person dares to order an ice cream cone, or when an "obviously" healthy person uses an ECV. It is sad, however it happens.

Or....that lady could have been me>I tend to admire funky hair, gorgeous saris, beautiful headdresses, awesome tattoos.... I don't mean to stare, but I bet to some folks it may seem so.

Oh, trust me, as a lifelong eccentric I don’t let stuck-up, judgmental people pay rent in my head! I’ve always believed no one can make you feel inferior without your consent, and I don’t give it. But I look like an absolute weirdo most of the time, and I know when I’m being stared at in a good vs. bad way. I also grew up in a decidedly working class, union family going to a wealthy private school on scholarships, so I’m used to navigating fancy people spaces. Those were 100% “how can YOU afford to be here?” stares from those ladies in the spa. (Same as everyone else: we work hard for a living!) I also want to be clear that it was not the cast members. They were lovely.

Like I said, I would never let that stop me from going back or staying at the resort some day. But it was noticeable, and the funny thing is that it was a total 180 from the rest of the resort. When we were just walking around, it was all very chill and laid back and didn’t feel stuffy at all to us.

GF is our favorite! Stayed in a TPV room in Conch Key and it was the nicest room we've stayed in on property. The high ceilings made it feel HUGE. I know a lot of people don't like turndown, but it's one of my favorite things about staying at a nice resort! Not having to call and request it every night like you have to everywhere else was so nice. The pool slide is my kid's favorite, and swimming with the monorail driving past in the background is such a fun and unique memory! This was the one resort we were nervous to try because it seemed a little uppity, but everyone we encountered here (especially the CMs) was so nice! Poly was our dream resort until we actually stayed there, but once was enough there for at least awhile. CR is easiest for us because we have young kids and you can't beat that short walk to MK, but once the walking path at GF opens, we probably won't stay anywhere else.

I absolutely loved it until one of my trips this summer (I went twice, once with each of my daughters, and stayed SL CL). My trip in July was horrible, left me in tears at the end it was so bad. I ended up getting a survey by email that I filled out and they bent over backwards to make things right on my next trip (that was 2 weeks later), but the damage was already done and it's just not as magical as it used to be. It gets way too congested on weekend by wedding parties and people coming to eat and look at the resort, it can be hard to even get up to the second level to get to the monorail, and it's just a hassle dealing with so many people when you just want to relax (these opinions are aside from the other issues I had with service during my July trip).

We really liked GF, its in our Top 5 Resorts with WLV and POLY being in front of GF

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter