Is anyone else STILL having issues with DVC website?

OUCH!!!I posted these instructions 2.5 hours (in this thread, the post BEFORE tors) before tor used them to confirm my technique. If you're gonna give credit, how about to the right person?

Is it because I'm a newbie?
It's not because you are a newbie and I don't believe anyone was intentionally slighting you. Unfortunately your post didn't sound like you had a theory, had tested it and you believed you had found a reliable method to get to the Vacation Details page. It sounded more like you did X, Y and Z and happened to get in but you weren't sure how or why. Tor followed up by doing some testing and then posting the instructions. So all three of you, starting with Inkmahm, helped to uncover a way to the Vacation Details page. Tor didn't ask for credit but his post providing step-by-step instructions was so helpful, people naturally wanted to thank him for illuminating the path.

Sorry about that DVC4me2. I guess I was just so excited about getting in that I didn't give credit to the original poster. Thanks again
Fred

Hey, I'm glad I opened this thread! I did the fix and it worked. I found out that two of my waitlist days came through! YEA! Thanks everyone.

:banana:

Number of master contracts have nothing to do with it.

tor took credit for something he wasn't smart enough to think of on his own. Simple as that. Justify it any way you choose.

Next time, I won't share and you can wait for the official repair.

Some community!

Stop whining already,

Inkmahm was the first to mention annual dues and vacation details on 10-31 almost a day before you.
This was quickly followed by LISAS who couldn't figure it out at first but then went and edited her post 20 minutes later with the obvious solution of having visited the annual dues then was able to get vacation details, again 17.5 hours before you.
Then you came along to save the world or win the lottery I can't remember. You were lucky enough to get in but did not seem to know how you did it otherwise why would you think it was a sure sign the lotto jackpot was yours, and why didn't you just lay it all out in a simple post. Instead you chose to wish us all luck and leave.
Then I came along and read the thread from beginning to end and put all the clues together and posted directions I thought would help people. I did not ask for credit, thanks or money also you may have noted I did not hide your post nor deny it so everyone out here that read my post also read yours but apparently they did not see you as solving it either. Then you claim some plot against you for being new to the boards perhaps nobody thanked you for figuring it out becase YOU DIDN'T

It's 6:26PM eastern time, 11/2/07, and I can't access the site at all.

I am not able to get in using Firefox on a Mac, but am able to get in using Safari. Try a different browser. It is absolutely ridiculous that this website is such a mess. Can't think of any other site I use that is this bad.

7:43PM eastern time

I was able to log in so I tried to remember what I read in previous posts and was able to access info.

Four simple clicks
1. My Vacation Points
2. Annual Dues
3. Vacation Points
4. View Vacation Details

Thanks to all who took the time to figure this out.

Four simple clicks
1. My Vacation Points
2. Annual Dues
3. Vacation Points
4. View Vacation Details

These are the concise directions I needed! Thanks!

You said:

...the first master contract wouldn't load... tried my second master contract after that. ...
I was able to get to all 5 of my master contracts

Thus, it was logical to assume that the "fix" or "luck" which you had discovered was associated with trying the "second master contract".

Plus, going to annual dues first was not enough to solve my problem. The path that tor pointed out involved a SPECIFIC route to vacation details after the annual dues page.

tor took credit for something he wasn't smart enough to think of on his own. Simple as that. Justify it any way you choose.

Next time, I won't share and you can wait for the official repair.

Some community!

tor did not take credit for anything. He simply used the information that you and others had provided in order to figure out a pathway that would always work for everyone. Then he shared that information with others.

In fact, his first response to you was about the fact that he never asked for credit and he credited you with posting 2.5 hours before him.

This will be my last response to you on this issue.

I, and many others, have tried to calmly explain that no slights were intended at any point in this thread. We have also explained why tor's post was necessary before we could use the back door that you had found.

Your latest post seems to have ignored the point of our messages and has the feeling of someone trying to engage a fight. Since you are new to the boards, you may not be aware that fighting is not permitted. Thus, I will disengage from my side.

7:43PM eastern time

I was able to log in so I tried to remember what I read in previous posts and was able to access info.

Four simple clicks
1. My Vacation Points
2. Annual Dues
3. Vacation Points
4. View Vacation Details

Oh, my gosh...this works! I have to second kudo's to whoever took the time to figure this out. Wow!

I have not been able to check and find that my wait list has come through. It didn't as of yesterday when I canceled, since the Inn had no rooms 4 out of 7 day vacation. When I was on the phone with MS and mentioned I could'nt check and that part of the web had been down, I was told yes w/ no eta to when it would be working. Old time members, does any one remember the days when you would get a actual phome call? and had 24 hrs. to call back! Let's not forget when if you were wait listed something would always come through. 'These were the days'. But please lets not get into who gets credit for computer info or not and thinking it's because someone is a newbe. Can we remember we are here to discuss info, help each other out, complain (yes sometimes) and just be part of a community. So, just chill everyone.:santa: Will be missing my neighbors at Christmas time!

I have tried accessing the member site on 2 machines (one Mac, one PC) using 4 different browsers (Firefox and Safari on the Mac, IE and Slimbrowser on the PC) and get the same "500 Internal Server Error" on all 4.

Anyone able to get in at all?

I have tried accessing the member site on 2 machines (one Mac, one PC) using 4 different browsers (Firefox and Safari on the Mac, IE and Slimbrowser on the PC) and get the same "500 Internal Server Error" on all 4.

Anyone able to get in at all?

I can't get in either. It went from bad to worse.:confused3 I was really hoping to find that my waitlist had come through this morning. I found out yesterday that my furnace was cracked and possible releasing poisonous gas into my home :scared1: , so I really wanted GOOD news today.

I can't get onto the site today. I need to change some ressies and hoped to view the sort of points I had used. I hope MS is opened today!
Bobbi

I can't get onto the site today. I need to change some ressies and hoped to view the sort of points I had used. I hope MS is opened today!
Bobbi

MS should be open this afternoon.

However, they will only be able to help you if their computer systems are working. Here's hoping that their system isn't tied into the website's server.

Okay, I think we can agree, this part of the web has been down for sometime. At this time of the year I am sure many are wait listed, and it would be useful to be able to check. I'm sure it would make it easier for MS, since they would'nt have as many calls checking on WL if we could check ourselves. So maybe we need to go on the DVC site and on the 'contact us', click and email asking when this will be up and running. Not that it is MS fault, but if they have letters they can take to the powers, maybe something will get done. :confused3

So maybe we need to go on the DVC site and on the 'contact us', click and email asking when this will be up and running.

Some of us have already done this multiple times. And I, for one, cannot even get into the DVC site to send another e-mail as of this morning.

I also had trouble just getting into the site earlier - it's working now though. And I tried the steps lizanne posted and I was able to see my vacation details that way, so thanks!

Tracy

facebook twitter