Is anyone DEFINITELY going to Cedar Point on Sat., May 25th?

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
Before I make my reservation at Hotel Breakers for May 24 and 25, will anyone else be going there FOR SURE before Canned-Corn Con?

:( I was just telling Dayna how much I wish I could attend John and Barb's meets, but I just don't think I can swing that far east this summer. :(

I'll be there in ~*~spirit~*~ though. :)

I'm aiming for DISneyland in February, Colorado in April, and DIS-Con 2. Oh yeah, and if Dayna ventures out this way, I'll work a meet around her as well. :D

I wish you could go to CP, Tia - but it is a long way from Boise!

Barry - will you be there?

DH and I are planning our calendar for next year so I will add this event to my list. We only live 2 1/2 hours north so we should be able to make, I hope. We haven't been to CP in years, since our kids were little and now the youngest is almost 21 so it's been a while. Will give you a definite answer by the 1st of the year - after we finalize our calendar. Looking forward to seeing more Disers again!;)

OK, I did it - I reserved my queen room at the Hotel Breakers for $75/night (for Friday and Saturday)! I'm still hanging onto my reservation at the Clarion in case my family decides to join me, because I WON'T pay $140 for a room at the Breakers that can accommodate more than 2 people!

Nancy - I know that we will in all likelyhood be there as a family. As soon as Sue gets her 2002 calendar (which I sure hope we remembered to buy her for Christmas), I'll pencil in CP on May 25th.

<EMBED SRC="http://www.yankeepeddlerfestival.com/sounds/bell_loop.wav" HIDDEN="true" AUTOSTART="true" LOOP="true"></EMBED>

Clever, Clever, Clever!

I LOVE the ringing bell. :)

We are going after the meet at John's because it works out so much better for us schedule-wise. Here's our schedule if anyone else wants to hook up with us for either of the parks we will be going to.

Sat 5/25 - drive to OH from CT
Sun 5/26 - meet at John's
Mon 5/27 - breakfast at John's followed by 6 Flags WoA
Tues 5/28 - 6 Flags WoA
Wed 5/29 - 6 Flags WoA, travel to Cedar Point
Thurs 5/30 - Cedar Point
Fri 5/31 - Cedar point
Sat 6/1 - drive home

John, that bell is :crazy: :earseek:

I haven't decided between Barb Con and Can of Corn Con. What will each offer? Who is going where?

I can only choose one! :(

Barry - I would bet that there will be more East Coast DISers at Barb-Con than at my Memorial Day gettogether. I would like to think that the reason for this is the distance that people will have to travel. I suspect that it's really because everyone likes Barb better than me. :(

The only thing that I am certain of is that both events will be a lot of fun. (Not much help, am I)

John, John, John...not true!!! You and Barb are BOTH very-well liked! :)

I think you are correct about Barb-Con having a bigger turn-out than John-Con. There are more DIS folks concentrated in the eastern side of the country than in the midwest. Lots of people visit relatives on holiday weekends, too - which is why I couldn't attend your shindig last May. :( Besides...it's not the QUANTITY that matters. I predict that you will have a house or yardful of people on May 26th! :)

I suppose that the 2nd largest concentration of DISfolk is around the Northern Illinois area. I predict a large turnout at Pat's shindig in July as well. But you are right Nancy. We will probably have a yard full of DISers.

I missed the posting about May 26, what was it titled, I should be able to go, but missed the thread.

Was just a little confused after a long day at work, have it figured out now.

OH MY GOSH!!:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I'm SO glad that you guys mentioned John's bell! I was wondering what in the H@#$ was going on with my computer!!

HAHA

Okay, so I'm a little slow.:p

Ok, I have it figured out now, and I should be able to go to both. I live 2 hours from Cedar Point but haven't gone for like 8 years, have been wanting to go recently, and John lives pretty close to me.

I'm pretty sure we'll be doing CP on the 25th. If we're going to venture to Ohio, we're hitting CP, too. I just have to take some time and make some arrangements.
**I love the bell** Hear ye, Hear ye!!!!!!:p

I checked on rates from Orbitz.com. From Ft Myers to Cleveland will be $299. From Ft. Myers to Allentown will be $230. I may do both, partly because Towncrier looks like the better griller. :)

LOL, Barry! After all, the meets are TWO MONTHS apart! :) Besides, your plans to go to Cedar Point Sept. 14-16, 2001 were thwarted!

I checked Breakers rates and it is $75 a night! Last year, I paid $115 a night for the same room. I think I will be there again and enjoy my dumpster view room. :)

I think I will be at John Con and Barb Con. The airfare is reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!