Is anyone DEFINITELY going to Cedar Point on Sat., May 25th?

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
Before I make my reservation at Hotel Breakers for May 24 and 25, will anyone else be going there FOR SURE before Canned-Corn Con?

luvdsny

Homeschool Mom Extraordinaire Go Broncos!
:( I was just telling Dayna how much I wish I could attend John and Barb's meets, but I just don't think I can swing that far east this summer. :(

I'll be there in ~*~spirit~*~ though. :)

I'm aiming for DISneyland in February, Colorado in April, and DIS-Con 2. Oh yeah, and if Dayna ventures out this way, I'll work a meet around her as well. :D

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
I wish you could go to CP, Tia - but it is a long way from Boise!

Barry - will you be there?

iluvdisney

DIS Veteran/DVC Member
DH and I are planning our calendar for next year so I will add this event to my list. We only live 2 1/2 hours north so we should be able to make, I hope. We haven't been to CP in years, since our kids were little and now the youngest is almost 21 so it's been a while. Will give you a definite answer by the 1st of the year - after we finalize our calendar. Looking forward to seeing more Disers again!;)

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
OK, I did it - I reserved my queen room at the Hotel Breakers for $75/night (for Friday and Saturday)! I'm still hanging onto my reservation at the Clarion in case my family decides to join me, because I WON'T pay $140 for a room at the Breakers that can accommodate more than 2 people!

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
Nancy - I know that we will in all likelyhood be there as a family. As soon as Sue gets her 2002 calendar (which I sure hope we remembered to buy her for Christmas), I'll pencil in CP on May 25th.

<EMBED SRC="http://www.yankeepeddlerfestival.com/sounds/bell_loop.wav" HIDDEN="true" AUTOSTART="true" LOOP="true"></EMBED>

luvdsny

Homeschool Mom Extraordinaire Go Broncos!
Clever, Clever, Clever!

I LOVE the ringing bell. :)

perfectmatch300

DIS Veteran
We are going after the meet at John's because it works out so much better for us schedule-wise. Here's our schedule if anyone else wants to hook up with us for either of the parks we will be going to.

Sat 5/25 - drive to OH from CT
Sun 5/26 - meet at John's
Mon 5/27 - breakfast at John's followed by 6 Flags WoA
Tues 5/28 - 6 Flags WoA
Wed 5/29 - 6 Flags WoA, travel to Cedar Point
Thurs 5/30 - Cedar Point
Fri 5/31 - Cedar point
Sat 6/1 - drive home

John, that bell is :crazy: :earseek:

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I haven't decided between Barb Con and Can of Corn Con. What will each offer? Who is going where?

I can only choose one! :(

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
Barry - I would bet that there will be more East Coast DISers at Barb-Con than at my Memorial Day gettogether. I would like to think that the reason for this is the distance that people will have to travel. I suspect that it's really because everyone likes Barb better than me. :(

The only thing that I am certain of is that both events will be a lot of fun. (Not much help, am I)

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
John, John, John...not true!!! You and Barb are BOTH very-well liked! :)

I think you are correct about Barb-Con having a bigger turn-out than John-Con. There are more DIS folks concentrated in the eastern side of the country than in the midwest. Lots of people visit relatives on holiday weekends, too - which is why I couldn't attend your shindig last May. :( Besides...it's not the QUANTITY that matters. I predict that you will have a house or yardful of people on May 26th! :)

Towncrier

DIS Veteran
I suppose that the 2nd largest concentration of DISfolk is around the Northern Illinois area. I predict a large turnout at Pat's shindig in July as well. But you are right Nancy. We will probably have a yard full of DISers.

ASFCurly

Dreaming of when I finally get to go back to WDW!
I missed the posting about May 26, what was it titled, I should be able to go, but missed the thread.

Was just a little confused after a long day at work, have it figured out now.

CDoobee

<font color=teal>I'll never grow up!!<br><font col
OH MY GOSH!!:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I'm SO glad that you guys mentioned John's bell! I was wondering what in the H@#$ was going on with my computer!!

HAHA

Okay, so I'm a little slow.:p

ASFCurly

Dreaming of when I finally get to go back to WDW!
Ok, I have it figured out now, and I should be able to go to both. I live 2 hours from Cedar Point but haven't gone for like 8 years, have been wanting to go recently, and John lives pretty close to me.

Barb

A DIS Original!
I'm pretty sure we'll be doing CP on the 25th. If we're going to venture to Ohio, we're hitting CP, too. I just have to take some time and make some arrangements.
**I love the bell** Hear ye, Hear ye!!!!!!:p

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I checked on rates from Orbitz.com. From Ft Myers to Cleveland will be $299. From Ft. Myers to Allentown will be $230. I may do both, partly because Towncrier looks like the better griller. :)

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
LOL, Barry! After all, the meets are TWO MONTHS apart! :) Besides, your plans to go to Cedar Point Sept. 14-16, 2001 were thwarted!

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I checked Breakers rates and it is $75 a night! Last year, I paid $115 a night for the same room. I think I will be there again and enjoy my dumpster view room. :)

I think I will be at John Con and Barb Con. The airfare is reasonable.