Is Aloha Isle all it's Whipped Up to be?

Never found them all the appealing, but some hold them to be great. Just hard to say this:

Water*, Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Coconut Oil**, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Artificial Flavor, Potassium & Sodium Phosphate, Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Color (Yellow 5 & 6), Soy Lecithin

is yummy.

Never found them all the appealing, but some hold them to be great. Just hard to say this:

Water*, Sugar, Dextrose, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Coconut Oil**, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking), Corn Syrup Solids, Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Artificial Flavor, Potassium & Sodium Phosphate, Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Color (Yellow 5 & 6), Soy Lecithin

is yummy.

Whatever the recipe, I LOVE it!!!! :love:

I've had weight loss surgery and since then, I cannot stomach ice cream, but I had not difficulty at all with the pineapple float since it's not as rich. It was hands down my favourite snack in MK, we shared quite a few... :banana:

Simply put..YES it is INCREDIBLE!! And only 4 places in the US you can get one. I'm a pineapple float girl. Only complaint is that it is served hollow in the middle of the swirl, and in the heat it can melt INCREDIBLY fast which makes a mess.

I was going to comment on the fact that i heard there were only 2 places to get them... Disney and Hawaii. Where are the other two? popcorn:: ( and on this board, they should have a smiley eating a dole whip, just as the popcorn :rotfl2:)

10e10dx.jpg

A pineapple float is always a MUST for me each time we're in the MK!! Can't wait to have my next one in couple months.

I had to try the pineapple float because of all the hype. It was definitely good but a little sweet for me. I think it might be better with pineapple twist with vanilla instead. All in all I don't think you should really go out of your way to try it since it wasn't amazing for me.

A voice of dissention. I don't like Dole Whips. Too sweet. They'd be better with rum, but that won't happen in Magic Kingdom...

I also agree that the orange/vanilla swirl tastes like baby aspirin. The Sunshine Tree will no longer sell just the frozen OJ...you have to get the swirl.

We just got back and I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the Dole Whip this time. They changed it. Maybe it's just the horrible bright yellow color that it is now, but it was a huge turn off. I've loved Dole Whip items in the past, so much so that it became a tradition. I don't think I'll get another, now. It wasn't fabulous, just o.k. Not sure what they did, but whatever it was, it wasn't for the better. :confused3

I think the Dole Whips are very good for what they are, but with all the hype these things get.....I will say I was expecting SOOOOO much more out of them when I first tasted.

The first time I had Dole Whip was on my honeymoon in Hawaii. They had about 12 different flavors but pineapple was the best. Then I found it at Disney and fell in love with it all over again. Myself, dd and dh must have it every trip several times. It would not be a try to Disney without it.

Oh, how we love Dole Whips. We were just there and I got the swirl pineapple float. So good!! Dh and dd12 got the pineapple floats and dd8 got just the orange cup. We all devoured them quickly! Probably my favorite snack of the trip!

I'm not a big pineapple fan. But, I decided I had to try a Dole Whip. It was pretty good. Coming from me, that's a glowing recommendation. :rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to trying a citrus swirl on my next trip, though. :thumbsup2

Short answer: yes, try a Dole Whip!
Long answer: tried our first one this past trip after many visits and... we thought it was good, not great. DS (6) LOVES pineapples and can eat a whole one in a single sitting, so pineapple ice cream is right up his alley... that said, the pineapple ice cream was very mild and not very pineapple-y, though the pineapple juice (we had a float, obviously!) with the ice cream was really yummy.
I agree with previous posters, with all the hype surrounding Dole Whips, I was really expecting heaven and was let down... it is good, but not great.

Personally, I like them, but, I don't love them. But they do tend to hit a refreshing spot on a hot day :thumbsup2

It's a must for DS9 and I. DW and DD9 aren't big fans, but they'll sneak a few bites when we aren't looking.

One of the great things about Disney World is the tasting of different flavors and textures. And Dole Whip is right up there with the best of them. A definite classic and one you have to try!

Besides... do you really want to come home from Disney World and have your Disneyaholic friends (we know you have them) ask if you tried a Dole Whip (a virtual Disney-right-of-passage) and you have to answer no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter