Ireland: The Emerald Isle Meets Thread

That's a big group! But we will come away with many new friends. party:Are you doing a pre-day, KathiL? Where are you flying from? JacksGirlz is in the middle of posting a trip report filled with wonderful photos. She included good suggestions of things to do in Dublin. I'm learning a lot about the trip from reading others' reports that you can find here on the boards. For example, Ive made a note to pack barf bags for the bus rides :rotfl2: Btw, how strong are you? I think my DH will need some help getting me back up after I turn upside down to kiss the Blarney stone. :upsidedow:

That's a big group! But we will come away with many new friends. party:Are you doing a pre-day, KathiL? Where are you flying from? JacksGirlz is in the middle of posting a trip report filled with wonderful photos. She included good suggestions of things to do in Dublin. I'm learning a lot about the trip from reading others' reports that you can find here on the boards. For example, Ive made a note to pack barf bags for the bus rides :rotfl2: Btw, how strong are you? I think my DH will need some help getting me back up after I turn upside down to kiss the Blarney stone. :upsidedow:

We're coming in from Houston via LHR on the 14th. We wanted to come early but it just didn't work out with schedules. Killing myself re the barf bags!!! A couple of emergency room bags accidentally found their way into my purse a few months ago, so I guess I might have to smuggle them into my carry-on on. As for the Blarney Stone, trust me, if I go upside down kissing anything, y'all better have 911 on speed dial. I've read a bunch of reviews and post - all wonderful. New friends, new places, laughter - what more can we ask for. .

They have someone that helps you go down and back up when you kiss the Blarney Stone, but it was a dizzying experience for me. Very glad I did it though :)

Have Fun!

Does anyone know when I should expect my "box" (tour documents)? I thought I saw that they mail these out 30 days in advance. We're leaving on 9/13 and so far nothing has been received. Don't want to call reservations and bug them if this is normal... :cool1:

Does anyone know when I should expect my "box" (tour documents)? I thought I saw that they mail these out 30 days in advance. We're leaving on 9/13 and so far nothing has been received. Don't want to call reservations and bug them if this is normal... :cool1:

You should have gotten it by now. Did you use a travel agent? If you did, they might have it.

Thanks Bobo912! . Just called them. They sent it to the wrong address.. Oh we'll. they said there was nothing in there that was critical. We're good.

Are they going to send you another box? The luggage tags are in the box, and the guides on our trip did not have any extras. The tour booklet is also in the box and it has the ABD emergency contact number, which is very important if anything goes wrong. If they don't send you another box, make sure you get that number from ABD to take with you. The only other thing is the backpacks.

Are they going to send you another box? The luggage tags are in the box, and the guides on our trip did not have any extras. The tour booklet is also in the box and it has the ABD emergency contact number, which is very important if anything goes wrong. If they don't send you another box, make sure you get that number from ABD to take with you. The only other thing is the backpacks.

Yes. Another mailing being done. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the info,

I made my final payment today. There are 14 people booked, which is the same number as 6 months ago. I hope we don't get cancelled. It worked out pretty well for us last time that happened, but I've made some more complicated travel plans this time.

I made my final payment today. There are 14 people booked, which is the same number as 6 months ago. I hope we don't get cancelled. It worked out pretty well for us last time that happened, but I've made some more complicated travel plans this time.
Boy, you paid that off early! :) I hope you don't get cancelled, either. I've had trips go with 14, but it was shoulder season. Fingers and toes crossed, there's still time for more people to sign up, too!

Sayhello

Boy, you paid that off early! :) I hope you don't get cancelled, either. I've had trips go with 14, but it was shoulder season. Fingers and toes crossed, there's still time for more people to sign up, too!

Sayhello

I had a really good promotion on my Discover card. :thumbsup2 I'm just a little worried that somebody who has booked will drop out before the final payment is due on April 2. But you're right - there is still plenty of time. We had 16 on our SWS in 2011 and the person I spoke to at ABD said there is no hard and fast rule but the trips are usually a go with 16, so that seems like the magic number.

I noticed that the price for our date went up by $490 pp yesterday, so I called ABD to see how many are booked. We are now at 30 guests, so I guess I can stop worrying about being cancelled. I've noticed that for this itinerary that the price usually increases in increments of $160, but this was one big jump, so maybe a large family or group of some kind booked. Last month there were only 14 people.

I noticed that the price for our date went up by $490 pp yesterday, so I called ABD to see how many are booked. We are now at 30 guests, so I guess I can stop worrying about being cancelled. I've noticed that for this itinerary that the price usually increases in increments of $160, but this was one big jump, so maybe a large family or group of some kind booked. Last month there were only 14 people.
Sounds like it (a large group). Congrats! It's so nice to have that worry off your mind.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter