Introduce Yourselves!

disneynutt1225 said:
The plans are going on pretty well, thanks! Nothing from Gone with the Wind. In fact, they all love the dress - it's a princess cut, off the shoulder gown. It has beading at the top across the neckline and it's a mauvy-pink (it's called Daphne Rose, actually). They all say they like it, not sure if they're humoring me or what, but at least they can lie well, LOL. I got my headpiece and veil last week - I feel like a princess!!! And yesterday I went to purchase my gift for DFi - a very nice Movado watch - and I bought myself a diamond pendant to wear on my wedding day.

I still have to meet the florist, but I can't do that until I get the swatches. They'll hopefully arrive soon. I can't believe I'm getting married in 5 months. Time flies!!

Are you sorry you asked yet? :rotfl:

I'm sure the dresses are beautiful! I can't tell you how many weddings I stood up in ... some with good dresses and some that I erased from my memory. But if they all like the dress then that's a good sign. And you do know that you are obligated to post pictures after the wedding!!

Wow, a Movado for him and a diamond pendant for you ... I'm jealous!! But since it's your wedding you deserve the best.

joanjett1976 said:
Ha! Well one cannot really compare The Mummy 2 to Heavenly Creatures. Hopefully Rachel will start getting more, ahem, substancial parts.

Just read your other post where you mention Sleater Kinney. I was a huge fan as well. I even lived in Olympia WA for three years!

You're a SK fan AND a Kate fan? Ohmygoodness! I'm going to have to officially declare you my new best friend!! I'm so jealous you lived in Olympia! hehe

MickeyDee said:
Heya! I am not familiar with Katamari Damacy...what format is it on?

As for musicians....my three big favorite bands are Sleater-Kinney, Dressy Bessy, and Throwing Muses, but I could create a list of musicians that would crash the board for its length! LOL

Katamari Damacy- we play it on PS2. It's a Japanese game that has been imported, and hilariously translated. Anywho- you are a little guy and you roll around a sticky ball (a katamari) and pick stuff up for the King of the Cosmos, who accidentally obliterated all the stars (he turns your sticky ball creations back into stars). The funny thing is you pick up the CRAZIEST things- from sushi to cats to people and if you get big enough whales, cars, dinosaurs, loch ness monsters... It's a hoot. Actually- "We love Katamari" is the new one- only about $20 or so anywhere.... It's super addictive and highly entertaining.

Hi folks,

I am a good ole-boy from Hotlanta, GA. I get to WDW a few times each year, and currently planning my next trip for the infamous gay day week.

Beyond that, I live in a nice apartment with my kids (the cats) and I work too much, get paid too little, and a big pop culture fan (super-heroes rock!)

Big fan of the Disney villains (Maleficient is FAAAAAbulous!)

So, that's who I am.. now I'll go back to lurkin.. :)

beckmrk04 said:
Katamari Damacy- we play it on PS2. It's a Japanese game that has been imported, and hilariously translated. Anywho- you are a little guy and you roll around a sticky ball (a katamari) and pick stuff up for the King of the Cosmos, who accidentally obliterated all the stars (he turns your sticky ball creations back into stars). The funny thing is you pick up the CRAZIEST things- from sushi to cats to people and if you get big enough whales, cars, dinosaurs, loch ness monsters... It's a hoot. Actually- "We love Katamari" is the new one- only about $20 or so anywhere.... It's super addictive and highly entertaining.

Yay for Katamari! The Bf and I love this game also! We just recently got another couple addicted to the game too. When we play, who doesnt have the controller in hand gets to sing the 'back up music' for the round. Too much fun!

We cant help but notice that the "king" has a noticeable 'feature'! lol, Everytime we see that 'feature' we think of David Bowie from the Labyrinth!

...and the best line of the game... ROYAL RAINBOW!

I don't think I introduced myself.

I'm Donna. I'm single (although dating a doctor -- there's a Jewish mother in Delray Beach beaming!). I live in Forest Hills, Queens, New York with 2 gray tabbies.

I am a CSP -- must be from volunteering at Broadway Cares, Amfar, etc. Nothing you can say will faze me.

Someday, when we all get together and drink heavily, I will tell you the tale of the weekend Princess Diana died. It involves me and two gay men, one of whom named his cat after the princess (hint: it's Fergie's sister and I now own both of them). We would have submitted on spec to "Will & Grace", but they'd never believe us!!

FergieTCat said:
Someday, when we all get together and drink heavily, I will tell you the tale of the weekend Princess Diana died. It involves me and two gay men, one of whom named his cat after the princess (hint: it's Fergie's sister and I now own both of them). We would have submitted on spec to "Will & Grace", but they'd never believe us!!

Darlin' you're singing my song! What, exactly, are we drinking???

Originally from Northern California, I've been in South Texas for the past eight years. Numbers-wise I'm 47 and have a 12 year old daughter. I'm currently adjusting to being single after a 17 year relationship with a woman who could take or leave Disney and can't stand roller coasters (what was I thinking?!?) I'm a DVC member and thank goodness the points are all mine. I'm an attorney, have a boring-nice house in a very boring-nice neighborhood where the kids play outside and neighbors talk to each other (yawn). I want to go live with The Mouse when I retire. I get to WDW at least once a year and the next trip I have planned is for Spring Break 2007. DD wants to take two of her friends so I'll be getting a 2 bdrm villa for the first time. :grouphug:
A meet sounds like a great idea. A second trip in late Fall 2007 is certainly do-able for me! :woohoo:

Hello to all. I am Shonda (on the left) and I am 29. Marcy is 34 and we live in southern Illinois. This year will be my first trip to Disney and for my 30th bday. We have 5 cats so we fit in with the lesbians and the cat stereotype. That is okay, they are the babies of the house. If you want to know more, just ask and I will be happy to tell you.

MickeyDee said:
You're a SK fan AND a Kate fan? Ohmygoodness! I'm going to have to officially declare you my new best friend!! I'm so jealous you lived in Olympia! hehe

Ha Ha! AND a DISney fan. You would think never the three shall meet, huh?

Olympia is very interesting at first and then incredibly frustrating. Lots of late nights, lots of drinking. Oh and I managed to somehow squeze in school!

beckmrk04 said:

Oh, okay! That does sound familiar! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommend. :)

joanjett1976 said:
Ha Ha! AND a DISney fan. You would think never the three shall meet, huh?

Olympia is very interesting at first and then incredibly frustrating. Lots of late nights, lots of drinking. Oh and I managed to somehow squeze in school!

So, Olympia is like all those other small eclectic party college cities, huh? lol

and yes....Disney fans to boot!!! LOL Too funny! Just another link in the armour of new best friendom! hehe

SO...this is what we get for not reading the boards for a couple of days...our intro has to be on page 7!!!

I am Tim (36) and as of March 28, Dan (31) and I will have been together for three wonderful, bliss-filled, heart stopping years ;) Actually, we can't believe it has actually been 3 years.

We live in a Maryland suburb of DC with our almost 2 year old chocolate lab, Coty. I work for the Federal government, and have so for the past 13 years, and Dan works for a bio-tech company in the IT field.

As of this January, we are DVC members at the BWV. We bought it on resale and it came with banked points, and we have already planned trips for October and December using our points! We are also going down for gay days with two lesbian couples and another gay male couple staying at the Swan.

We both had been to Disney off and on, but not until we became extremely good friends with our neighbors - Deb from allearsnet - did we actually learn to love it and all that there is. She has shown us a number of great things about it, and we are learning more and more each time we go down there. She now even posts some of the pics we take on her site (she calls us her "lost bois", so that is what is credited on the pics) which is a lot of fun for us to find them.

We both love to play golf, bowl, play Tiger Woods Golf on PS2, play with the pooch, paint and decorate our new townhouse, hang with friends and watch movies (gotta love Netflix).

We are hoping to meet other gays and lesbians who like Disney too, and this is a great place to start.

I think that is about all I can think of....if anyone wants to meet when you are down at Disney, drop us a note. We can plan something. We will be down for gay days(5/31-6/5), F&W (10/8 - 10/11) and for the holiday decorations with Dan's parents (12/8 - 12/11).

Hope to get to know lots about everyone...

Hi,
I'm Scott of "dan and scott"
We've been on these boards since 97 when there was only 1 board.
We've been together for 10+yrs. and have owned a house together for 8, with a beautiful little cocker spaniel called Fantasia.
We are also DVC members since 98 and have 525 points at the BW and have been to WDW numerous times.
We've been to Disnyland 2*, on DCL 12*with most being the 7 nighters and of course the eastbound panama repo cruise, we are waitlisted for the westbound Med. repo cruise. We usually cruise with family and friends gay& straight.
We've also been to Disneyland Paris once--which we both agree is the BEST Magic Kingdom we've been to (the Magic Kingdom is are least fave park)We are hoping to go to Disneyland Tokyo and Hong Kong for our 15th aniversary.

Scott

Welcome to all the new folks. It's great to see that we just keep growing.

Viki & Rick - what do you think about making this thread a sticky so it will always be available at the top for new people?

Saxton said:
Welcome to all the new folks. It's great to see that we just keep growing.

Viki & Rick - what do you think about making this thread a sticky so it will always be available at the top for new people?

Your wish is my command!

This will have to be short since it's so late, but wow, was I excited to pop on the DIS and see this great new board added. My name is Lisa, I am almot 37 (next month), my partner Lynn is 42, and we have a daughter, Emily that just turned 9. Lynn and I have been together almost 15 years and we chose that I would carry Emily. Lynn has full guardianship and we've never had any problems. We used an unknown donor from a cryobank and she turned out absolutely perfect :goodvibes ! She is by far the joy in our lives and what keeps us going day to day. Most of you probably know about my battle with cancer, I won't get into here, but with minimal research you can find more about that. We live in the lovely state of SC, in a small town at that, but luckily we've had no problems what-so-ever. We are even members of the First Baptist Church where we met with the Pastor 8 years ago before joining and he welcomed us with open arms. We feel very welcome there and are involved in many activities. Lynn coaches mostly year around with many parents requesting her year after year. I'll close for now, but hope to pop back in later this weekend and do some more reading on this board. Glad to see everyone posting. Happy DISing everyone!
Lisa
Tiger Fan

Gosh I guess I have been busy! I hadn't even seen his thread!

My name is Kim (34), and my DP is Tiffani (30). Together we are raising my two children, Jess (13) and Brendan, aka Bubba (6). I work for a local company selling cellular service and phones for 3 different carriers, and Tiff is an asst. operator at the wastewater treatment plant.

We just bought our first house last june and we share it with our dog Bessie (Boston terrier) and our tabby cat Lucky.

We love to hang out with friends, watch movies, travel, camp, and spend time with family. Plus the endless amount of friends that the kids constantly have over, we are pretty busy.
I have been a Disney lover since birth I think. And me and DD have been to DL numerous times. But due to financial reasons, last Oct. was the first time for DS and DP! It was also actually a first for DD and I as well since we went to WDW and than on DCL for a 7 nighter! It was fabulous and we are already trying to figure out how we can afford to do it again soon!

So nice to know more about all of you! Thanks for sharing everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter