• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Introduce Yourselves!

Hello,

My name is Dan, and Im new to the forum. I am a freelance artist and work on alot of diferent Disney paintings..I just finished an Ariel painting in fact. I love all things Disney, especially the villains. I also collect different things. I would love to meet other artists on here as well as other Disney fans..since being in Wi..its not easy to find other Disney fanatics..especially cute gay ones ;-)

Here is my intro: Me (Steve a.k.a Unfreshdiva) and DP Aaron have been together for 8 happy years! We are huge Disney fans and go often (going for week at end of April and then again for Gay Days). Have a house that is too big for us in Raleigh, NC. My DP just got accepted into Masters Degree program at FAU (in Boca Rotan, FL) so we will be putting house up for sale and moving to Florida! DP is an actor and I travel the globe as a business consultant for MARS (not the planet, the candy company). We love to travel (just back from cruise to Mexico), go to NYC to see broadway shows (recently saw The Color Purple - loved it!), and enjoy having a positive outlook on life! (if I could figure out how to post picture to post, I will do so). :banana:

Hi I’m Walter - fairly new to the DIS.
I’m a freelance designer.
I live in Boston’s South End with my (Legal now!) husband Paul
and my dog Stella (see avatar).
Paul and I have been together 24 years
this month (Legal just one year)

We're off to WDW (trip #9) in November.

Not sure how I missed this thread!!! oh yes I do - I'm a burn out!!!

Hi! I read a few pages so far and will finish later on...

I'm Tony, guess where I'm from?? I'm 37 (38 in a couple of weeks) and Chris is in his early 40's (closer to mid) ;) We've been together for almost 11 years - we live ina 4 bedroom cape in lovely Bloomfield NJ. We only use one bedroom as a bedroom though. We make good use out of the other rooms...

I am a sales person for a direct marketing company and Chris runs a call center in a bank. My job has me on the road often which gets tired - quickly!

We own 2 DVC contracts at OKW and pretty much go to WDW every year though NOT this year ;( We usually take MIL with us and are usually there when our CSP friends are there - always a blast! No animals as Chris is alergic - though I want a puppy so bad! I think if we had a fenced in yard we would have one by now. Chris has been including dog whatever in his allergy shots... I've been DISing for years now but pretty much only visit this board as I'm not crazy at how big some of the other boards have become. I do use the sight to research when I'm planning a trip though.

Nothing else really - we are a pretty low key couple. Oh Chris LOVES Cher and I LOVE Madonna! Always a war in our house about that.

Now I have to read the rest of this thread!

hey unfreshdiva / steve (interesting name!!) and Wally - what kind of design? i'm just about to graduate in Interactive design!

and steve it would be cooler if you were business development for Mars the planet!

David
x

All kinds really - all advertising/marketing related
branding, logos, web sites, web banners, print ads, direct mail campaigns, billboards and bus wraps. You name it we’ll do it.
We try to concentrate on consumer behaviors.
I have 2 business partners.

Tony, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I guess I tend to ignor sticky threads. They tend to be things I don't like to pay attention to like the "rules" and things that are "important." :)

Hi everyone! My name is Noah, and I am in Montreal, Canada. (Home of fellow DISers Joanjett and Toto.) I'm married to Will, my university boyfriend, and have a 1.5 year old son Mark. I am finnishing law school, and will be done in the next 2 months. (Hurray!) In the past I have worked for a human rights group here in Montreal.

I got adicted to these boards last fall when I started to plan my first family trip to WDW. It is taking forever to figure this trip out becuase of issues with graduation and future jobs and so on. The current plan is November (due to Viki telling me it is the best time to go) however, there is a chance we will just pack up at anytime between then and now and go.

Ummm.... I guess that is it. I also tend to post just so people comment on how cutre my son is, becuase for some reason I get that once on every thread. I hate to say it is becuase I have my little gay family, but I swear I get it more then most. (And as people from the old gay-friendly thread know, this is despite the fact he is wearing the ugliest outfit in the world) Anyways, I'm not complaining. :teeth:

Tony-NJ said:
Not sure how I missed this thread!!! oh yes I do - I'm a burn out!!!

Hi! I read a few pages so far and will finish later on...

I'm Tony, guess where I'm from?? I'm 37 (38 in a couple of weeks) and Chris is in his early 40's (closer to mid) ;) We've been together for almost 11 years - we live ina 4 bedroom cape in lovely Bloomfield NJ.

I used to spend a lot of time in Bloomfield in my younger years! Are those beautiful trees in Brookdale Park in bloom yet?

My best friend used to live across the street from Gencarelli's Bakery (I think that was the name of it) and I miss their goodies!

:wave2: to Tony from scenic Warren County!

hey tosie - yup we love that bakery!!! The Trees are starting to bloom too. We live just a couple of blocks from that bakery. :)

Hi All-

Noah, you are going to get it twice on this thread instead of once, Mark is adorable!!!!! You are so blessed!

TonyNJ and Tosie- Hello from Morris County :wave2:

Looks like I am in the middle of you both!

Hazy

Hey y'all,

I'm brand new on DIS but an ol' Disney veteran from waaaaay back. This is a very cool board, and I am so happy to see a GLBT section! (sigh of relief)

By way of introduction, I am K8 or k8x from Austin, Texas. I've lived in TX for 14 years as an editor and writer but was originally a Floridian and believe my number of park visits to be in the 60-75 range (hence the packed Dis-resume down below). Back in the stone age, when I was 10, my favorite fantasy game was to pretend that my best friend Angie and I were Disney employees who got to live in the Contemporary Resort as part of our pay. In this scenario, we were sassy professional chicks; I would go so far as to keep a notebook of lists and calculate budgets to run our little apartment in the tower... (Do I hear crickets chirping?)

Yes, well, that was prolly T.M.I. ... And yes, I am still an uber-geek and listmaker. Currently, I am planning a list for a family reunion trip to WDW next month. It will be my first time back to the actual parks since 2000, and I am very excited. My teen son and my special ladyfriend will accompany and we will be meeting my sis and parents. The kin are staying at Saratoga Springs (my sister is a DVCer) and we are staying at the Beach Club.

Any and all advice regarding: new attractions, resort extras/late hours, the aforementioned resorts in general, general Disney-gayness, etc., would be appreciated.

Well, there's that. If you don't mind, I'm going to poke around and join a few threads... Thanks for having this cozy board!

cheers!

Well, I have using the DIS forums for a few years, but never signed up. Glad this one opened up.

I have been going to WDW since I was five! Got addicted at a young age. Travel there often with my family and my partner, 1-2 times a year. Going down for the first weekend in June again. Have been a few times, always fun to be there then. We are 39 (for a couple more months) and early 40's.

Not sure what else I should put, but that is it for now!

Ric

Hi everyone. I'm Lillian and my fiancee (who posts here way more than I do) is Kristen, both 24. We live just outside DC in an itty-bitty studio apartment with our giant hound dog, Pinto. Kristen's the real Disney enthusiast - she plans everything and I'm happy to be along for the ride. I manage a gym and K's finishing up her masters at Georgetown, so I am definitely looking forward to having two incomes soon!

Our next trip is January 2007 for our honeymoon! :love:

Hi everyone, I'm Katie 26 my DH 33 we live in NY near Albany. We have two kids Gabriella 22 months and Dominic 5.5 months. My son Dominic was born with a cleft lip and palate and a long list of other health problems. My DH works for the NY state police and I am working on going crazy! I thought I would introduce myself since I am always reading this board.

Hey, Tony, k8x, Ric, Lillian, and Katie! It's great to have you with us and thanks for introducing yourselves. You'll find this is a great place to hang out, meet friends, and share all things Disney.

Noah ... your son IS the cutest (from a Mom whose baby boy - now 16 - used to be the cutest; folk would stop us on the street and say, "Do you know how cute your son is?"). And, listen, November IS good, but don't tell anyone this: the week after Labor Day is simply heavenly (a good Fla heat, no lines, and very yummy times!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter