internet access in rooms?

novafan

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked before, but do the rooms at Disney resorts have internet access? I'm assuming that you can dial-up. Has anyone done that?

Hi Novafan,

Sorry - I don't have an answer for you, but I was just about to post a similar question and thought that it would make sense to add it on to this thread.

I also need internet access (as much as I don't want to - I will have to do some work while I am on holiday :mad: ...I'd complain to the boss except that I am the boss (small business - no one else to do the work!) :rolleyes:

Anyways, we're staying at HIFS (about 1 mile off property) for 4 days and CBR for 6 days. I'm thinking I can get by on a few sessions of 1-3 hours. I won't have a laptop therefore will need a place to go with computers to use.

I can do all my work on the internet but it has to be high speed...any suggestions? prices? Thanks for your help :D

If you have a laptop, all rooms have a dataport in the phone and you can plus in and dial up from there. I'd suggest getting the local access number from your ISP in advance. If you are staying at the Swan the high speed access from the room (with your laptop) is including in your room fees.

Without a laptop, some WDW hotels ahve business centers with high speed access, $40 per hour. BW, YC, Dolphin, CR, GF, CS would all have this service. Kinko's (I think it's on Kirkman Road--you can look for one on their web site) is probably a little cheaper, my bet is about $20/25 per hour, but I do'nt know for usre--that's just an educated guess.

Anne

I have used the dial up many times at WDW. You need to use a local number. The charge is 75 cents for each call. No charge if you go over so many minutes like at other hotels.

My advice is to bring a long phone cord so you can work on the table in the room instead of sitting on the bed.

I look up the local number before I get to Disney so I don't have to spend a long distance call to get the number at WDW. When I get the local number I call the front desk to make sure it is local. I don't want any surprises on the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter