Interesting Member benefit I just noticed on the 2016 printable list

So the special ticket offer is worthless!!!! Basically if you buy any ticket over 4 days you get 1 day free and if you add the park-hopper option you get water parks&more for free. Tickets must be purchased between 1/4/16-3/31/16 (not sure on the end date). They can be activated at any time - I take it there is no limit unlike the $200 4day ticket special they had.
Limit of 8 tickets per member.

So here is the breakdown I did so far:
Adult 5day base $335.48 --- DVC adult 4day+1 base $324.83 = savings of $10.65
UCT adult 5day base $322.95 = savings of $12.53
Adult 5day hop&more $431.33 --- DVC adult 4day+1 hop+more $392.99 = savings of $38.34
UCT adult 5day hop&more $410.95 = savings of $20.38

Child 5day base $314.18 --- DVC child 4day+1 base $303.53 = savings of $10.65
UCT child 5day base $301.95 = savings of $12.23
Child 5day hop&more $410.03 --- DVC child 4 day+1 hop+more $371.69 = savings of $38.34
UCT child 5day hop&more $389.95 = savings of $20.08

With each additional day added the savings are the same.
I don't see how this is a benefit at all, I can get the same price or better from undercover tourist.

Last edited:
I was kinda interested in the ticket deal when I heard "free day" and "free water parks" w/ hopper. I knew it was only ~$15 more savings than UT. But each $15 adds up to something.

But a max 5-day ticket? Even if you can upgrade, you need enough ticket days in order to
make FP+
Is Disney begging me to go to universal?

I was kinda interested in the ticket deal when I heard "free day" and "free water parks" w/ hopper. I knew it was only ~$15 more savings than UT. But each $15 adds up to something.

But a max 5-day ticket? Even if you can upgrade, you need enough ticket days in order to
make FP+
Is Disney begging me to go to universal?

It isn't about $15 more savings than UT - its more like $2 less savings than UT for the base ticket. Plus it is a TOTAL savings of $10 no matter how many days you buy. So if you buy a 5 day you save $10 or if you buy a 6day or 7day the savings total is still $10.
Like Supersnoop said - the minimum number of days you can purchase is a 4day and get 1 day free (so essentially a 5day). The maximum number of days you can purchase is a 9day and get 1 day free (so a 10 day).

It isn't about $15 more savings than UT - its more like $2 less savings than UT for the base ticket. Plus it is a TOTAL savings of $10 no matter how many days you buy. So if you buy a 5 day you save $10 or if you buy a 6day or 7day the savings total is still $10.
Like Supersnoop said - the minimum number of days you can purchase is a 4day and get 1 day free (so essentially a 5day). The maximum number of days you can purchase is a 9day and get 1 day free (so a 10 day).
I understand the "free day" is only $10. I'm comparing the Waterpark and More prices since we were considering that option this summer, anyway.

• For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation.
    • For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.
So potentially a DVC member staying onsite could be limited to less guests than one not onsite. That's beyond strange!

So potentially a DVC member staying onsite could be limited to less guests than one not onsite. That's beyond strange!
Since I'm in a two-bedroom with seven people during one of the events, I think this makes sense. If you're on-site, you aren't typically going to bring additional people with you.

Funny initially I thought the same thing but then I thought about it a little more and I think it really meant that if you didn't have an on site stay you were limited to a max of 6 (including the member) but with an onsite stay you could bring more (since a 2 or 3 bedroom villa could sleep a lot more than 6)
ETA What I mean is I think a member with an onsite stay would be allowed 5 guests or the total # guests listed in the villa (which ever is greater) whereas those without an onsite stay are limited to max of 5 guests.

Last edited:
Since I'm in a two-bedroom with seven people during one of the events, I think this makes sense. If you're on-site, you aren't typically going to bring additional people with you.

Funny initially I thought the same thing but then I thought about it a little more and I think it really meant that if you didn't have an on site stay you were limited to a max of 6 (including the member) but with an onsite stay you could bring more (since a 2 or 3 bedroom villa could sleep a lot more than 6)
ETA What I mean is I think a member with an onsite stay would be allowed 5 guests or the total # guests listed in the villa (which ever is greater) whereas rose without an onsite stay are limited to max of 5 guests.

But think on the smaller end. You are onsite in a studio - just 2 of you. You have family in the area or friends who come along but book thru CRO. You apparently can't bring them. Or at best can add 2 of them to the studio in some cases or 3 in some others. It's far better to have it the number on your villas reservation or otherwise up to 5 for all others.

I will be there with another couple. I'll have to see how this will go but the website sounds like unless they were in our room, which they are not, that they cannot go.

So the special ticket offer is worthless!!!!

It's not a great offer by most measures but your own numbers demonstrate that it isn't "worthless."

Adult 5day hop&more $431.33 --- DVC adult 4day+1 hop+more $392.99 = savings of $38.34
UCT adult 5day hop&more $410.95 = savings of $20.38

Child 5day hop&more $410.03 --- DVC child 4 day+1 hop+more $371.69 = savings of $38.34
UCT child 5day hop&more $389.95 = savings of $20.08

Both of those tickets are $18 less than UCT.

Additionally, since the ticket is coming direct from Disney, clever buyers can use things like Disney Gift Cards (purchased at less than face value) and the Disney Vacation Account to save more. Neither is an option when buying thru third-party ticket brokers.

It's not a great offer by most measures but your own numbers demonstrate that it isn't "worthless."

Both of those tickets are $18 less than UCT.

Additionally, since the ticket is coming direct from Disney, clever buyers can use things like Disney Gift Cards (purchased at less than face value) and the Disney Vacation Account to save more. Neither is an option when buying thru third-party ticket brokers.

It is worthless in my eyes.
This is advertised as a special ticket offer ONLY available to DVC members for the 25th anniversary. But with a $10 savings for the base ticket it's worthless. The same thing can be purchased by anyone else on a regular basis. So this isn't anything special. I know that any regular guest can use discounted gift cards and such to make it better- but then it defeats the purpose of the special offer for members. I can get cheaper tickets using different discount media. All I'm saying is that to ME this is an insult of an offer. Why offer something that isn't special at all.
I'm not looking at the hopper because I won't use the FREE water park option anyways.

And as far as CLEVER buyers- I just purchased 5day base tickets for $290 and I didn't have to be a DVC member to get them. That is a $45 savings per ticket over gate price and I can activate them or upgrade them any time I want.

It is worthless in my eyes.

Fair enough. You neglected to make that clear in your original post, and then proceeded to including pricing details illustrating how it is anything but worthless. Thus the confusion.

Not a great offer but people who want the water park / golf / DQ admission will apparently save money. And with Disney being the vendor, there are more payment options available to buyers.

Latest posts

facebook twitter