Instant Lottery Tickets- Do you call them "Scratch-offs" or "Scratchers" (or other)?

Do you call them "Scratch-offs" or "Scratchers" or other?

• Scratch-Offs

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • Scratchers

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Instant Lottery

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Saw the term first used on the TV show where that realtor guy helps people find a new home using their recent lottery winnings. Never heard them called scratch offs prior to that.

I'm pretty sure they are literally called Scratchers here in CA.

Yup. They are. Just checked.

Scratchers...but I'm in California so like a a few PPs have said they are officially called "Scratchers" here.

I think I've heard various things in Ohio -- instant lottery tickets, scratchers, scratch tickets, scratch-offs, etc. I have never bought any myself, but I would know what you're talking about if you said any. I just looked on the Ohio Lottery website to see what they're "officially" called... I was expecting "Instant Lottery Tickets" but their website has a whole section labeled "Scratch-Offs."

Also in MA, near Boston, and call them scratch tickets. Never heard them called anything else until I started watching "My Lottery Dream Home" and always thought the other names for them were strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter