Information overload!

CalgaryCookie

Earning My Ears
I am *the * Disney virgin. :blush:

We decided to book a trip to DW and I had no clue how much would be involved. I called my travel agent, gave her the dates, told her we wanted to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort, and asked her to price out the Magic Your Way Plus Dining and the Premium package.

I'm reading all over the place that I should be booking meals in advance. I've read that the character meals are hard to get into. I'm so overwhelmed and stressed. Not to mention super excited!!!! :woohoo: :cheer2:

What should I do first? Can you offer some tips to ensure an awesome vacation?

TIA!

First of all :welcome: You will find this entire site (not just Canadian section) FULL of lots of information to help you out.

NEXT you need to take a big breath, grab a cuppa :coffee: and begin to :surfweb: along with the rest of us. Speak up if you have questions. Lots of us have great advice. Check the Dining board for ideas about where to eat and how early you can (or in some cases MUST) book an ADR stands for Advance Dinning Reservation. There are lots of Character meals that your entire family will enjoy, from one that has Pooh & his friends to the most coveted meal -- eating with the princesses in the actual Castle.

Relax, ask lots of questions and be prepared to get addicted to this site.

Yep... sit down and get ready for some planning fun... I find it fun anyway! :cool1:

I would recommend picking up an "Unofficial" Disney guide from a bookstore or something. They are a good read and put a lot into perspective.

A lot of us overplan here, I would say, but we do it to get the most out of our money and time. My first trip, I underplanned and still had a great time... either way you'll be fine.

When are you going? The most fun thing is planning your dining reservations... :wizard:

Welcome to the dis. I thought I would get you started with a link to allearsnet's menus. If you click here you will be able to check out the menus of WDW's restaurants. Have fun!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! We are going Oct 28th - Nov 4th and my 4 year old daughter is super excited. She *has* to eat with Cinderella. Our 1 year old hasn't a clue. :lmao:

I've requested tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party for Oct 31st. I better get crackin' on booking a character dinner, eh?

Calgary

We willbe there at the same time, staying at our DVC resort, Saratoga Springs. We too will be doing the Halloween Party on the 31st. It is going to be a blast... we are so looking forward to it!

We have two extra tickets for the 31st I think. If you want to save a few dollars and can get the rest you need, let me know!

Finally, a great guide for Walt Disney World is the Passporter WDW Resort.

Cheers,

Welcome to the Dis! If you want to book CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table) you will want to be calling soon to get a reservation. Also you may want to consider 1900 Park Faire a buffet with Cinderella at the Grand Floridian. I would get your ADR's booked as soon as you know where you want to eat. Also you may want to check out when the extra magic hours are for the parks and plan your days so you don't have to run all over the "World". Just some suggestions here.....

Rob (Snowwhite's DH)

CalgaryCookie said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes! We are going Oct 28th - Nov 4th and my 4 year old daughter is super excited. She *has* to eat with Cinderella. Our 1 year old hasn't a clue. :lmao:

I've requested tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party for Oct 31st. I better get crackin' on booking a character dinner, eh?

Try to get an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. It's the only restarurant that the Characters dress up for Halloween!

But call today! 1-800-828-0228, it's the toll free # to save you some $$$$

Welcome!

Don't forget to go to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot! It's fun walking around the World and trying different foods and drinks!

j

Calgary Cookie!

That is just hilarious. Me and my family (me, my wife, my 2 daughters - 4 and 1yr old - and my sister) are going to be there at EXACTLY the same time in the SAME hotel. We leave on Nov 5th for a Disney Cruise afterwards.

We have already booked some of our meals for the trip.

This will be my 3rd trip to WDW - first one I've seriously planned. The first two I went and didn't plan a thing. Still had fun tho.

We also have already purchased MNSSHP tickets for Oct 31 as well. Looks like we are going to be dressed up as medieval royalty so my eldest daughter can dress up like a princess like she wants to.

If you see a guy wearing a BC Lions hat - be sure to say "Hi"!

The first year we did Epcot's Princess Breakfast, wouldn't recommend it, they go to your table once and that's it. We did Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary(?sp) we all loved it. Lots to choose from and the characters come back. We also loved Cinderella's Gala feast for dinner at the Grand Floridian. Fairy Godmother starts it, and then "her Majesty and her Prince" and all the mice are inside. A definite must for the Cinderella lover in your family(which happens to be me in our family). A fantastic buffet for both adults(Prime rib, ham and all the fixins) and a kiddie buffet(chicken nuggets, pizza, mac & cheese and all the kiddie favs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!