Inexpensive place to eat @ Disney Springs

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Looking for an inexpensive place to eat at Disney Spring for Family of 5 (with Teens). Perhaps one that is not on the Disney Disney Plan. Will be the area for a few hours. On a budget. Looking for lunch and some activity to do.

We will be back when we are on the Dining Plan in a week's time. So I would like to do different things.

Cooke's of Dublin is consistently good. The mac and cheese food truck was really good and the portions were much larger than expected

DH and I ordered a Butcher Board at Polite Pig and had trouble finishing it (it's a variety of bbq meats, two sides, two corn muffins, and 2 small scoops of coleslaw). Two of those with a few add-ons would probably be enough. The Butcher Board is $39, and adding ribs or turkey would be an additional 5-6$, and there are additional sides available for $6. Two boards, adding 2 additional sides, and adding ribs to one and turkey to another would run you a little over $100. That's not terrible for 5 people.

My tweens generally order kids meals or split an entree (the difficulty there being that they'd have to agree on an entree), and I've been known to order kids meals myself. It keeps costs down and is usually plenty of food.

We really like Cooke's of Dublin and Earl of Sandwich was good too. Curious to try Chicken Guy and Polite Pig.

We have used the sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich for the drive home. And we have a Blaze pizza by us. Looking for different.

The Polite Pig seems interesting. Looking for something with big portions to share DH has a hearty appetite. He's the one that usually says he's still hungry. Guess he's needs his own meal. The rest of us are usually good with sharing.

Guess, I'm looking for a place that has large portions of apps or reasonable priced entrees.

I know there's not much that inexpressive but I figured we try the pricier places when on the Dining Plan.

Homecomin is a great place that is reasonably priced for lunch (or even dinner for that matter). I often order the thigh high chicken biscuits as a meal and leave very full. The mac and cheese can easily be shared or serve as a meal as well. There are a lot of options on the lower end price wise that are large in portion size.

If you want to do an activity as you mentioned in your first post, make your own impromptu food tour...slice from pizza ponte, mac and cheese from a food truck, taco cone from 4 rivers, ramen from Morimoto street food and finish it off with ice cream at any one of the shops or a treat from Amorette's.

We found Chicken Guy very reasonable. Also agree with Earl of Sandwich and Blaze Pizza.

Blaze came to mind first, because their largest pizza is usually enough to share if you get a couple to share among the group. Wolfgang Puck Express is a QS that's not terribly priced and has larger portions that can be shared, but it's a popular one on the dining plan because of the value.

I've eaten 2 counter service meals in the last week at Disney Springs, and both were quite good. Earl of Sandwich was a good deal, with pretty good sized sandwiches for $7.99. D-Luxe Burger wasn't exactly cheap, but it was very good burgers and fries. They had "duo" specials you could order where you got 2 burgers, a fry to share and 2 fountain drinks for I think $23.99-$26.99 depending on what burger you got. It was more than enough food.

You could try “The Daily Poutine”. Entrees are about $10 and very filling. I liked the Latin Poutine the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts