Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

How was the Philly RnR? I'm tossing around the idea of maybe doing that one next year :woohoo:

I LOVED this race! It was a bit warm, but I ran in much worse all summer while training. I ran 2:32 and didn't really have that problem with the bands, but I really liked the course. I am doing the other Philly one on November 21 (got in through a charity), so I can give you both a comparison when I am done. I am just afraid this one will be too windy and cold for me! Hoping for the best!

It was OK. The day was VERY sunny and warm, and there's not a lot of shade on the course. Also, many of the bands were on break when the mid-to-back of packers passed them (I run a 2:20 HM at the moment).

It was fun running through the streets of Philly, though. I may run the Philadelphia Half next November rather than RnR.

Thanks for the info -- the wine & dine was my first half and I did it in 2:26 so I wouldn't be too happy if that is the case with the bands being on a break! But I would like to run through Philly -- plus DH & I have lots of relatives there that could cheer us on!

I LOVED this race! It was a bit warm, but I ran in much worse all summer while training. I ran 2:32 and didn't really have that problem with the bands, but I really liked the course. I am doing the other Philly one on November 21 (got in through a charity), so I can give you both a comparison when I am done. I am just afraid this one will be too windy and cold for me! Hoping for the best!

I feel like after training this summer I can run through almost any heat!

Are we still posting here? :confused3

I wanted to pass along some information. A lovely young woman from Disney Sports called me today regarding the letter I sent. I didn't race, so my comments were strictly about the Finish Line Party.

She said they are collecting all the feedback they've received and meeting to discuss what they should have/could have done. She admitted some things happened which they had not anticipated (she gave me examples) and assured me that they are working hard to make next years race and party much better. :thumbsup2

I was very impressed with the feedback I got about my feedback ;)!!

They really do care! :flower3:

I wanted to pass along some information. A lovely young woman from Disney Sports called me today regarding the letter I sent. I didn't race, so my comments were strictly about the Finish Line Party.

She said they are collecting all the feedback they've received and meeting to discuss what they should have/could have done. She admitted some things happened which they had not anticipated (she gave me examples) and assured me that they are working hard to make next years race and party much better. :thumbsup2

I'm still reading ... And posting. Hope to learn more about this meeting!

I'd be curious to hear these 'examples'. :)

I'd be curious to hear these 'examples'. :)

While I wasn't told anything in confidence, I don't feel comfortable posting specifics. The examples had to do with what most of us here already know about the way the Epcot CMs handled the Party.

I was impressed that they called me and just wanted to pass that info on to y'all. After the call, I do feel fairly confident that next year's party will be more exclusive to the runners, family and friends (as it was intended to be)! :thumbsup2

While I wasn't told anything in confidence, I don't feel comfortable posting specifics. The examples had to do with what most of us here already know about the way the Epcot CMs handled the Party.

I was impressed that they called me and just wanted to pass that info on to y'all. After the call, I do feel fairly confident that next year's party will be more exclusive to the runners, family and friends (as it was intended to be)! :thumbsup2

I am REALLY glad that the folks at Disney are listening. I'm not sure how they thought that 11,000 runners plus families would fit comfortably in World Showcase, but, I am glad they are listening. I'm sure they don't like the nearly unanimous opinion that the party was a bust. It will be interesting to see what sort of changes they make. :)

I love that!! And I love that they are taking the comment seriously!! I overall really enjoyed the race, it being at night ect... That after party bummed me out! Next year I hope to run faster and get their earlier to enjoy more!

I love that!! And I love that they are taking the comment seriously!! I overall really enjoyed the race, it being at night ect... That after party bummed me out! Next year I hope to run faster and get their earlier to enjoy more!

Amen to that!! I will just have to try and beat you guys to the party next year so theres more for me :rotfl:

Yep. Race is on Sunday 2/27.

I started a trip report for this past vaca/the half marathon and on my second day I wore a "princess shannon" shirt I made for my trip and DisneyBride'03 kindly pointed out I already have a shirt made for the Princess half if I were to run :lmao: DBF wasn't buying it as an excuse for me to take a solo trip :rotfl:

Can anyone tell me if they used the hot tub after the race? Wanting to know how strict they are with the pool are closing at midnight. Going to stay at Beach Club next year for proximity and wanting to know. I am also thinking that I will not have to deal with bag drop next year either!!!

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if they used the hot tub after the race? Wanting to know how strict they are with the pool are closing at midnight. Going to stay at Beach Club next year for proximity and wanting to know. I am also thinking that I will not have to deal with bag drop next year either!!!

Thanks

We stayed at BCV and used the hot tub about 2 a.m. after we gave up on using our vouchers at the after race party due to the long lines. We weren't the only ones there either. As long as you are quiet, they usually don't mind.

We stayed at BCV and used the hot tub about 2 a.m. after we gave up on using our vouchers at the after race party due to the long lines. We weren't the only ones there either. As long as you are quiet, they usually don't mind.

Us too! And let me tell you, nothing felt as good as the hot water on the tired muscles! :thumbsup2

Thanks

I didn't, bu there were two young ladies in their race gear sleeping peacefully on the chaise lounges at the boardwalk pool when I went to breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter