Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

I received a call from Disney Sports yesterday afternoon. I was with my doctor at the time, so I was unable to answer the call. They cast member said he would like to speak to me about my experience today.

I received a call from Disney Sports yesterday afternoon. I was with my doctor at the time, so I was unable to answer the call. They cast member said he would like to speak to me about my experience today.

How did your call go?

So I just wanted to report back here...I actually ran a race yesterday...a 5K + (3.56 miles)
Considering I walked the Wine& DIne Half, this was huge for me..my finish time was 37:30....better than my 5K split time in the Half, and this was longer!
Just under 11 minute miles:)
So glad I now have 2 more mths til Jan to continue training:)

bumping this thread! Did anyone else get an email from Disney asking for feedback on the race? The email said my name was selected from all the people who ran the race. I'm curious how many people they are asking for feedback from. I haven't taken it yet, but just wondering how many others got the survey link...

bumping this thread! Did anyone else get an email from Disney asking for feedback on the race? The email said my name was selected from all the people who ran the race. I'm curious how many people they are asking for feedback from. I haven't taken it yet, but just wondering how many others got the survey link...

I Did. I relayed my thoughts and they remain fairly consistent with my origianl feedback. Since then I have also had the opportunity to visit with a couple folks who have the ear of the race management side of the equation. It is clear that the folks in charge of getting runners from a to b are not the ones who decided to oversell the post race party. Discussions have occurred as the party issue has been a recurring theme. My other feedback focussed on course lighting. I already knew what the lighting answer was pre-convsersation. When I was there last month Buena Vista and other roadways were being resurfaced. That project was the 'blame' for the issue on Buena Vista; or so I have been told. Anyway, for mme the Wine and Dine was a Once and Done... At least until the 5 year anniversary.

Yes, I got the email for the survey today. Gave the same feedback as I did before. I asked them to please fix the bag drop/pickup and the after party lines and crowds so that I can keep coming back.

Count me in as another that received the survey...one of the questions was interesting because they wanted to know what changes you would be for and they gave examples such as moving the time of the race to after 10 but before midnight and having the race end in the EPCOT parking lot...nope, my concerns were with the bag drop and post race overcrowding.

I also received the survey. Looks like my answers/concerns were pretty consistent with what everyone else said!

I just completed the survey. All the things they wanted to change. Start later, out and back course, finish in EPCOT parking lot, would just make me less likely to come back.
Otherwiase I think it matched everyone elses, bag check, crowds, and that stupid 0.1 out and back after leaving AK.

I got the survey on Friday and filled it out. I took every opportunity in the write in section to let them know the most important factor in my running the event again or recommending it would be limiting the after party to the runners + 1 only. There were way too many people who just bought tickets to stay.

The move to later in October would also be nice just to have a chance at slightly cooler weather or lower humidity. Regardless, it will be a few years before I plan on running this event again.

Meh. I didn't get one either. Bah humbug!

Nothing here but I agree with everything mentioned plus one more complaint....

The traffic cones used should be more Klutz Friendly.:rotfl:

My right foot clipped one and the thing did not budge one iota so the result was a hop, hop on my left foot and down to the ground I went with a resulting face plant on the pavement. Bet I could have charged for the entertainment provided to other athletes.

Never got a survey, but Jon Hughes called me in response to my letter:)

Actually run'walking now!

I did a 5k plus (3.56) with a 10:30 pace and another 5K IN THE SNOW...running through it, on it etc...lol at a 11:30 pace....
Hope everyone is doing well:)

I received the survey this week. It took me a long time to type up all my comments. Some were positive, there was a lot negative. I was a relay participant and they asked me some questions specific to that (which I had a lot to say)!

On the last question they asked if there was anything else I wanted to say; I commented on being disappointed in race merchandise; specifically the lack of women's cut t shirts (or those only being available in Jr. sizes) and the fact that the design on the Wine & Dine pint glass I purchased is almost completely worn off. After only 2 months! :scared1: My Beatles pint glass form the UK Rock Shop is 2 years old and looks ten times better. I told them I would have called to ask for a replacement but I would assume the replacement would be the same low quality. It's the one thing I have from the race that I use frequently and I get bummed each time I grab it.

Has anyone done the half marathon relay? I was curious what the distance was per person on that. I have never ran in a marathon before so I was thinking about trying for the half marathon relay, Now is this where you run half and your partner runs the rest of the way? I am greatful for any help :thumbsup2

In 2010, the first runner did 4.8 miles and the second one did 8.3 miles. I understand they are going to change the finish portion so they may have to tweak the mileage a little bit.

SO who is going to start a new thread since registration opens tomorrow for the 2nd Wine and DIne Half Marathon?! :)
I am in again....! I loved the WDW Half in Jan and looking forward to running and beating my time from last year!
Cant wait to see all the info also in regards to the party afterwards!

SO who is going to start a new thread since registration opens tomorrow for the 2nd Wine and DIne Half Marathon?! :)
I am in again....! I loved the WDW Half in Jan and looking forward to running and beating my time from last year!
Cant wait to see all the info also in regards to the party afterwards!

Here you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter