In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Karen--great job! What was your pace? What is your goal pace? Never apologize for talking about yourself. It what we DO here. :lmao:

LISA! Hi. :goodvibes :rotfl2:

Pace was 14:02. Too much talking! :laughing: My pace is usually around 12:30ish, so I guess adding the extra mile slowed me down? Well, and the talking! :confused3

Hello Goddesses!

I had a busy morning and afternoon driving north to a specialty kids' store to buy Emily's communion dress. It was like Say Yes to the Dress, kid style. Unfortunately they never show the part where the bride gets measured for the custom gown, so Em was not prepared to have that happen and wanted the woo hoos and yays and not to sit still anymore. :lmao:

But we got it and it looks beautiful and it will be ready soon because we ordered it early!

5 mile training for me - it's been months since I went that far! Yikes! :scared1: I am thinking of heading off to a county park, one I have not been to, that has a 5 mile loop. Just to mix it up.

Karen, how do you feel after that run, any pain?

Liz, I want every detail of the cummion process. We will be doing that next year. Send pic of dress. Did you get your 5 miles in? how did it feel?

GO RONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1:WOOHOO RONDA!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

So sorry everyone - new thread tomorrow night! :lovestruc

WOO HOO indeed! Can't wait to hear a race report!!!

I did my 5 miles - talked to Jo at the end. :goodvibes I am very very slow pace wise. The county course was paved but hilly and windy - I think it helped to condition my feet and that the challenges were good, but I feel this week I need to focus on 2-3 miles and faster walking, no running sprints. It's just a gut thing now. Also, I need to go look at my shoes, socks, and what I am wearing and bringing to the race. I like the lead time!

Karen, I am glad you went out without heel pain!

Jo, yay on a walk today!

Nancy - Zumba. So I did the class last Wednesday. Wow, I am white and wide. I mean, I know I am hippy but man, I have never looked so wide as I did in that full length mirrored-n-on -four-walls-room. On the plus side, I am making peace with my behind. At least it's not flat.

Also, I realize I am a white girl, but I have always felt with the behind, passion for music and general coolness, I harbored an inner soul sister. Yeah, not so much. She was napping, apparently. :lmao: Also, note to others - you cannot wear running shoes to a dance based class. I ended up taking my sneakers off and going barefoot, like the teacher. I think I am going to try my Sketchers this week, and order some Zumba shoes online.

I committed to once a week Zumba with my friend, and she will do yoga once a week with me! Perfect!

Also, tracked all week and down 5lbs. I'll take it!

Yay Ronda!! So happy for you!

Oh, Meg that is so tough. I so feel for you. It's so hard when you get injured and have to sit out your sanity saving exercise! How is work, family, the man? :-)

Work is great. They needed a teacher to open a new preschool classroom and they asked me to. I literally had to take an empty room and in about two weeks turn it into a usable room and start with 8 new kids. Last week was our first week and it was a challenge but a good one. Family is good... I'm an aunt and I'm loving it. My poor brother just had surgery on his acl. About five years ago he hurt the same knee, an illegal check in a hockey game damaged it again. Poor guy.

E- No engagement ring. I actually specifically told Brian that I would not like to get engaged over the holidays. Christmas is a big event in both our houses and I want our engagement to have it's own special day. But things are great with us. Brian was down here more as my sister's baby was born in November and I was in an air cast for most of December so I couldn't drive up there.

Liz- I did Zumba classes for awhile till the studio near me moved. I love dancing but it took me awhile to get into the grove of the Zumba routines, once I did I loved it! Once you get the feel for the moves you'll be grooving along like master, I'm sure of it.

I ran for the first time two days ago on the treadmill with an ankle brace. I felt as strong as I did before I got injured. Unfortunately the past two days I've feeling a little more pain so I think I might have to do one more week of the airdyne bike and hold off on running for another week. Its hard to know what I'm capable of doing but the airdyne bike is amazing and I'm so lucky my brother bought one. It's an amazing, amazing workout. I'm trying to stay positive now that I'm at least able to handle more during my workouts. I'm going to try to find some races to do this spring/summer including maybe a half or two to keep my motivation and remind me this is temporary. (You'd think having the Tough Mudder in May would be enough motivation right now but I'm actually rather scared of this race now that I have a "weak" ankle.)

Lord my BL WISH thread is 37 pages in. :rotfl2:

I can not catch up here or there. Have read though.

First, RONDA!!!! :cheer2: Hope you're doing well. Sitting here shaking my head because as you know - so not a runner. So overwhelmingly in awe and speechless.

Thanks everyone. :lovestruc I will probably be back on facebook. No doubt. Who said about small numbers and friends? Jo. :lmao: Jo, I only accept friends. I have friend requests sitting there that I don't feel close enough to accept. So I'm annoyed with close friends and family. :lmao: :rolleyes1 Loved ones. :laughing: Ones I have to love but don't need to annoy me. I only have - HAD - 50 contacts. :lmao: I will return - just need a break. Which is weird because I was barely on. RAMBLING.

Will return - on the new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

I'm in a wonderful head space around weight. popcorn:: Strangely wonderful. And I don't mean an "I can do it" kind of feeling. I mean a peaceful feeling which is much more valuable. Let's all pray. :3dglasses

Love to all. :love:

Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My coimputer is jumping ahead when I choose an action. For example - multi-quotes - if I push one it jumps to posting and I have to go back and forth and back and forth to get all the multis in. When I edit it jumps to advanced. Etc.

Any ideas on how I can fix it? A month ago I thought it was the DIS - obviously it's nothing to do with this website. So :confused3

Liz - forgot to say congratulations on the weigh in. So you're Sunday and Nancy is Friday? Thursday? I'm tired. I'm sure it's clear Nancy. :lmao: I'm Friday on BL.

Lisa, yay for being in a good head space, I wish I was. So I know what it means to be there.

Liz, Wow. Way to go on the loss!!!

Meg we have the warrior dash here in June, I am scared of it to, I have not registered but I want to.

2.5 miles walked, still having pain behind my rt knee.
Will the injuries ever end.

Also, I realize I am a white girl, but I have always felt with the behind, passion for music and general coolness, I harbored an inner soul sister. Yeah, not so much. She was napping, apparently. :lmao: Also, note to others - you cannot wear running shoes to a dance based class. I ended up taking my sneakers off and going barefoot, like the teacher. I think I am going to try my Sketchers this week, and order some Zumba shoes online.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Napping :rotfl2::rotfl2: At least you HAVE an inner soul sista! I'm, well, rhythmically challenged :laughing: And you are so right about the shoes. If we stick with it, I may end up buying shoes, but for now Becca & I are sock people.

Awesome job on the tracking, exercise and resulting loss! :thumbsup2

I'm going to try to find some races to do this spring/summer including maybe a half or two to keep my motivation and remind me this is temporary. (You'd think having the Tough Mudder in May would be enough motivation right now but I'm actually rather scared of this race now that I have a "weak" ankle.)

So glad you are recovering Meg! You'll be back to your old self before you know it! Tough Mudder. What's the distance on that? I'm doing a Warrior Dash in June - 5K with 12 (I think) obstacles. I'm thinking the Tough Mudder is longer, yes?

I'm in a wonderful head space around weight. popcorn:: Strangely wonderful. And I don't mean an "I can do it" kind of feeling. I mean a peaceful feeling which is much more valuable. Let's all pray. :3dglasses

Love to all. :love:

:lovestruc

Have you returned home or are you still here in the States? (jet setter speak :laughing:)

Liz - forgot to say congratulations on the weigh in. So you're Sunday and Nancy is Friday? Thursday? I'm tired. I'm sure it's clear Nancy. :lmao: I'm Friday on BL.

Thursday is my official weigh in. Gah. It makes me CRAZY!

Oh. Speaking of CRAZY, I was in a cranky headspace for my run the other day and I didn't want to finish my final miles. So I listened to a series of "Crazy" songs. My playlist went like this:

Disturbia (Rhianna)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen)
Let's go Crazy (Prince)
Crazy Train (Ozzy)
Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)

It helped :goodvibes

Meg we have the warrior dash here in June, I am scared of it to, I have not registered but I want to.

<ahem> do it. Don't think about it, just do it. That's my plan :crazy: Somehow I'll get thru it, and there will be bling at the end

So glad you are recovering Meg! You'll be back to your old self before you know it! Tough Mudder. What's the distance on that? I'm doing a Warrior Dash in June - 5K with 12 (I think) obstacles. I'm thinking the Tough Mudder is longer, yes?

It's 10 miles on a ski slope with 30 obstacles. I'm not so worried about the miles... or the amount of obstacles. They estimate it takes most people 3 hours. My concern is the cold... Vermont in early May, ice and cold water, being wet for 3 hours in low temps just sounds unpleasant. Oh and... there's no bling. Just a bright orange headband and bragging rights. If you go here and click view the full map you can roll over to see what the obstacles are, they are some that are similar to the Warrior Dash.

Jo- I'm not sure how the Warrior Dash is but Tough Mudder they encourage people to help each other thru the course. They want you to finish. You've run a half... you can push thru a race with obstacles! I've also read that at a lot of these races there are so many people that its a more relaxed pace. Definitely go for it.

It's 10 miles on a ski slope with 30 obstacles. I'm not so worried about the miles... or the amount of obstacles. They estimate it takes most people 3 hours. My concern is the cold... Vermont in early May, ice and cold water, being wet for 3 hours in low temps just sounds unpleasant. Oh and... there's no bling. Just a bright orange headband and bragging rights. If you go here and click view the full map you can roll over to see what the obstacles are, they are some that are similar to the Warrior Dash.

Jo- I'm not sure how the Warrior Dash is but Tough Mudder they encourage people to help each other thru the course. They want you to finish. You've run a half... you can push thru a race with obstacles! I've also read that at a lot of these races there are so many people that its a more relaxed pace. Definitely go for it.

:laughing: Yep. Tough Mudder is definitely harder!

Jo, Meg is right. These events aren't so much about "winning" as they are about finishing. I'm doing it with my cousin and another woman. I know it's going to be challenging, but fun! As for the pace - there is no way you can just run it. There are only so many people who can be on any given obstacle at once. So, you may run to an obstacle then have to stand in line and wait your turn. It looks to me like there is lots of start/stop.

Ok. Procrastinating now! I need to get my backside out of the chair and get my 8 miles in. :scared:

Tough mudder sounds tough! and muddy. :p

Nancy, me too, but I'm trying to wait a bit and let Dallas sleep just a little more before I wake him and we head out to run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter