I'm ready to go now!!! Is it vacation time yet?

Just had to post here to let you guys know that it's only 26 days until we're there!!!! :woohoo:

I have to post it so I can see it sometimes when I'm not at work. At about the 60 day mark, I put a little post-it note on my pencil cup that sits on my desk. Everyday I have changed it to show how many days we have left before Disney!!! LOL. I get so excited every morning!!! It's always the first thing I do when I get to work. :lmao:

oooooh yay for YOU!:banana::banana:

I know how exciting it is to count down each day. It's just so cool to see one day less every time - I'm the same way - for DH though I only tell him maybe every week or so otherwise he's like eh.

I know I'm late but you know...better late than never! Loving your PTR and cannot wait to hear how your DD took her big surprise!
I have 18 months to go. Waaay too long! But reading all these PTR and TR keep me feeling the magic!

oooooh yay for YOU!:banana::banana:

I know how exciting it is to count down each day. It's just so cool to see one day less every time - I'm the same way - for DH though I only tell him maybe every week or so otherwise he's like eh.

It IS exciting! LOL. It's always the highlight of my morning! Get a cup of coffee (check), change the number on the sticky note (check) AHHHH...so fun!

I know I'm late but you know...better late than never! Loving your PTR and cannot wait to hear how your DD took her big surprise!
I have 18 months to go. Waaay too long! But reading all these PTR and TR keep me feeling the magic!

Howdy! I'm glad your here! :welcome: I'm glad you are enjoying it, it's my first one! :)

The closer it gets, the harder it is to keep the trip a secret! :rotfl2: I can't wait!!! :cool1:

Yep...I'm officially NUTS. We are still 3 weeks and 4 days away from our trip, and I'm already packing. :lmao:

Prince Charming brought the suitcases in two weeks ago, and we've had them chillin' out in the sunroom. For weeks, I've been taking stuff out there and stacking it up, but now it's getting to where I'm having to actually put it IN the suitcase. :rotfl2:

Our sunroom is just another room on the side of our house, not really an actual sunroom at all. :lmao: You see, the house we live in is an older home that we've remodeled. The sunroom actually used to be a porch that one of the previous owners had closed in. When we bought the house, that room had BRIGHT yellow walls and blue carpet. :lmao: Seriously...It was HORRIBLE.

YIPES...I'm so getting off subject. :rotfl2: Let me get back on track here.

Anyway...I've been gathering things and storing them in the sunroom OUT IN THE OPEN. Yep...I'm a brave woman. Really, Emma hardley EVER goes in there. She went in there last night and she said "Mommy? Are you going through my summer clothes to see what all I have? Are you trying to see if you need to buy me more?"

"Uh...yep. That's exactly what I'm doing." I said. Man...I hate fibbing to my little one. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

She never even noticed the suitcases. :rotfl2: Because she definitely would have said something if she did. Emma is very vocal, and leaves nothing to the imagination. :lmao:

So,yep, I'm almost done packing. I made a rough list of things we needed to take last night and started looking at what I had gathered. I don't have much left to get together. I am shocked. :scared1: Prince Charming has been helping too. So what I haven't put out there, he has. He bought himself a new Swiss Army backpack to use as our park bag several months ago, and we started packing it last night. It doesn't have much in it yet though. Just a pack of baby wipes, and some cut strips of moleskin. Doing good there aren't we?

wow on being packed so much already!!! That's awesome! and YAY for PC (short for prince charming) on doing his part already too :woohoo:

That was a nice save with DD too. :laughing: but honestly it's not REALLY lying is it?? bc you do need to know if she has everything she's going to need and do some shopping if she's short on anything right??? For my dd I've told her a few times we need to make time to go through her stuff so we know what we need to buy too so hey - it's all a part of the season ;)

I might have to read back again bc i can't remember when/how your going to tell her. i can't wait to find out how that goes.

wow on being packed so much already!!! That's awesome! and YAY for PC (short for prince charming) on doing his part already too :woohoo:

That was a nice save with DD too. :laughing: but honestly it's not REALLY lying is it?? bc you do need to know if she has everything she's going to need and do some shopping if she's short on anything right??? For my dd I've told her a few times we need to make time to go through her stuff so we know what we need to buy too so hey - it's all a part of the season ;)

I might have to read back again bc i can't remember when/how your going to tell her. i can't wait to find out how that goes.

That's what I kept telling myself. I wasn't REALLY lying. :lmao:

We are definitely waiting to tell her until the morning that we leave. We're going to play One Republic's "Good Life" in the living room and wake her up with our light up Mickey ears on. Then tell her to put on her ears, because we're going to Disney World!!!

24 days and counting! It's almost time!!! :woohoo:

oh, that's right! I remember now :) Sure hope you'll have some time that day or soon after to let us know how it went. Otherwise i'd have to wait til you were back?!?!? lol

oh, that's right! I remember now :) Sure hope you'll have some time that day or soon after to let us know how it went. Otherwise i'd have to wait til you were back?!?!? lol

Oh yes...I fully intend on taking the trusty Dell with me on this trip. I will just HAVE to let you guys know how it goes!!! ;)

Now it's time to look at Tuesday, April 3. It's Epcot Day!!!

Epcot opens on this day at 9 am, so we'll get to sleep in a wee bit before heading out for the day. ;) Planning on making a beeline for Soarin', and then heading over to Test Track to start out our day.

We'll hang around and play in Future World for a while, go see the Fab Five at the Character Spot, and get Emma to try the Beverly again at Club Cool. :lmao: I wonder if she'll remember it from last year, and decide not to drink it? :rotfl2:

We'll head over to the World Showcase when it opens at 11, and meander around until our 12:00 ADR at Le Cellier. I think Prince Charming is REALLY excited about this one. I mean, seriously...He looks at pictures of the food from there AT LEAST once a week. We've never eaten there before, but I am ready for some of that soup and some pretzel bread! :goodvibes

After we have eaten, we'll roll ourselves out of there and back into the World Showcase for some touring. And maybe a little...ahem...drinking around the world? ;) I think I may just make a beeline for the little cart in France that sells the Grand Marnier slushes. And then I will proceed to drink multiples of them. :lovestruc Those things are THE BOMB!!! :worship: I really think I could make myself sick...or extremely broke...or both!!! LOL

OK...back on track...

So we'll hang out in World Showcase for a while, and maybe head back to the resort for some swimming or a nap later that afternoon. Because at 8 pm, we have big plans, baby! We are taking Emma to the Spirit of Aloha show that night. My parents took me when we were there on our trip when I was in the sixth grade, and it was so much fun! My mom and dad, (known as NiNi and Poppa) told Emma all about the Luau last year when we went, so she has continually asked to go to where they hula dance. YAY! This should be a lot of fun. I'm excited to get to go back after all these years, and Prince Charming is thoroughly excited about the unlimited beer. :lmao: Do they still do the Pina Colada's there? It's been SO long, and my mom (NiNi) said that they had GREAT ones there. If they do, I might just have to have one. :rotfl2: The only thing though, is that I may not need one after a couple of those heavenly slushes from earlier. :worship: (Days like this make me SO glad that they have on site transportation in the World. THANK YOU BUS DRIVER'S!!! :lovestruc) LOL

Epcot has EMH's that night until 12:00am, so we may head back over there after the luau if we feel so inclined to do so, or we may go on back to the resort. We'll just have to see!

:dance3: 3 week dance!!! :dance3:

I hear you on those slushies! When I was pregnant with DD, I would have dreams about those... It was a cruel, cruel thing! Have you tried the Grey Goose Limon one? If not, do! It's equally delicious, yet often overlooked. Ok, I want to get the blender out and try to figure out how to make those now, and it's only 9:15 in the morning :rotfl2:!

Y'alls EPCOT day sounds great!

I haven't tried the Grey Goose one yet, but now I think I'm going to have to! :goodvibes

I may need to get the blender out and try to make some too. Might calm me down a little. LOL. I took the day off today, and I'm sitting here watching the SEC tournament. Makes me nervous!! LOL

OH! And YAY for three week dancing!!! :dance3: It's getting closer and closer!!! :woohoo:

OH YEAH!!! I almost forgot!!!

Emma's shirt for her Belle costume FINALLY came in! I ordered it online through JC Penney, and had it shipped to our local store. (Since that was free to do.) They were supposed to call me when it came in, but never did. I finally went by there and lo and behold it was there! I have pictures, but they are on my iPhone. I'll have to try to figure out how to get them on here!!!

So I'm going to go a little off subject here for a few minutes.

Prince Charming and I both have iPhone's. Really OLD iPhone's. Old in the respect that he has a 3GS, and I have the even older, plain jane 3G. We've been toying with the idea of upgrading for a while, but had decided no to because any of the new phones that we would want are just so darn expensive. Why do they have to be so high???

Anyway, we had decided this several weeks ago, but you know how men are. They keep pushing an idea until they get the results they want :scared:, right? LOL...

So we were at Wal-Mart last night. (I seriously feel like I live there sometimes.) Emma and I had been in the Lalaloopsy section of the toys looking at the new ones they had out, and decided to bring home this cute little booger:

Lalaloopsy_Littles_Scribbles_Splash_Doll_470161_splsh_0.jpg

Meet Scribbles Splash! She's the adorable little sister of Spot Splatter Splash, and Emma just loves her to pieces! (The Lalaloopsy dolls are soooo adictive, and sooo cute!!!)

Ok...back on track So after we got done there, Prince Charming decides to go over to the electronics department (surprise, surprise) while Emma and I checked out one of the many Disney displays they have sitting around the store. Have you guys seen these? They have some of the coolest stuff on them! Really cute t-shirts, and some rockin' bags for Mommy. LOL. So I ended up just picking up a bag for myself. It will be perfect as a carry on, and Emma thinks I bought it to use at the pool this summer. :laughing: It's really really cute though. It's red with white polka dots and has a minnie mouse head with a cute little bow on it. :lovestruc

OK...getting sidetracked again. LOL. So while Emma and I were looking at all the great Disney stuff, Prince Charming was in the electronics. I stopped to let him know that we were heading over to the kids section to look at shorts because they had some of them out and they were cheap! So Prince Charming comes over to meet us not long after that and shows me his phone. His iPhone had the dreaded "white screen of death". Uh Oh. NOT GOOD. Evidently he was talking to someone in the phone area and had his phone in his hand. Prince Charming talks with his hands. You know...the type that makes a lot of gestures when they speak. (I do it too. LOL). So, when he was talking, the phone flew out of his hand and hit the floor. Double Uh Oh. :scared1: This is what caused the "white screen of death" to show up.

So why am I telling you all of this? I really don't know, to be honest. :confused3 I think I'm needing to vent a little. I guess part of me realizes that it was an accident, but the other part thinks that the timing is just a little off. Prince Charming had just come home the day before talking about a new phone he had seen, and after we talked a bit, we decided that we didn't want to spend any extra money on these types of things until we had to. Well, now it's looking like we're going to have to, and it ticks me off a little, because it seems like the timing is just a little odd. Know what I mean? It almost seems like he did it on purpose. I really hate being like that, and I feel horrible for thinking it, but it's just so odd because getting a new phone has been all he's talked about for the last few days.

I guess I need a little advice here. Anyone ever had an iPhone that had this problem? Is it fixable? Or am I going to have to buy a new phone?

I actually had my iPhone for like 5 years !! It is the first one they came out with, until a few weeks ago when I was walking by the AT&T booth at the mall with it and the guy at the counter was laughing at me !!
Anyway, he talked me into an upgrade and I LOVE my new iPhone ! :banana:
My old one still worked but the battery life was like 15 minutes and the screen was cracked. Other than that I never had any problems with it at all.
Not sure about the white screen of death.. But it doesn't sound good !
I hope you can find an inexpensive solution !

I am so excited you are keeping this trip a surprise! We go to Disney quite a bit and this will be our first trip in the summer, and guess what the kids have NO CLUE we are going!!! :cool1:We are planning a long trip with friends in February 2013 that is the only trip they know about. It is killing me when the Disney Good Life commercials come on and the kids say "can we go back now"?? I know it will all be worth it when I get to see the surprise on their faces.:woohoo:

I actually had my iPhone for like 5 years !! It is the first one they came out with, until a few weeks ago when I was walking by the AT&T booth at the mall with it and the guy at the counter was laughing at me !!
Anyway, he talked me into an upgrade and I LOVE my new iPhone ! :banana:
My old one still worked but the battery life was like 15 minutes and the screen was cracked. Other than that I never had any problems with it at all.
Not sure about the white screen of death.. But it doesn't sound good !
I hope you can find an inexpensive solution !

Well...I found the solution, but it wasn't at ALL what I was hoping for. LOL Prince Charming did all the searching he could online to see if there were any fixes for his problem, but alas, nothing worked. :sad1: It is dead. I think we may have to have a funeral for it later. LOL

Prince Charming came up with a little, well, charming fix. He told me to go get him a new phone, and to upgrade mine in the process. So $320 later, he now has a Samsung Galaxy SII, and I have upgraded to the iPhone 4S. Let me tell ya. Best move I ever made! I really like it! It has a little more heft to it than my 3G did, and it is SO much faster! Oh boy, me likey! LOL

I hate that we had to spend that much money just to get new phones, but I guess it is what it is, right?

The moral of my story is, that if you see an all white screen pop up on your iPhone, do not pass Go, and do not collect $200. It is dead. There are a few fixes, but most likely if that happens after you drop it, then those fixes won't work.

On the brightside though, I had tried installing the Disney Magic app to my old phone and it didn't work. (Apparently it's not compatible with the ancient iPhone.) But I installed it on my new one and it works like a charm! Can't wait to use it in the parks for the first time! 2 weeks and 6 days!!! :woohoo:

I am so excited you are keeping this trip a surprise! We go to Disney quite a bit and this will be our first trip in the summer, and guess what the kids have NO CLUE we are going!!! :cool1:We are planning a long trip with friends in February 2013 that is the only trip they know about. It is killing me when the Disney Good Life commercials come on and the kids say "can we go back now"?? I know it will all be worth it when I get to see the surprise on their faces.:woohoo:

I know exactly what you mean! Those commercials kill me too! What am I saying, even just hearing the song on the radio kills me! LOL.

Yay for surprise trips! I think they're awesome!!! It will definitely be worth it when we get to see the looks on their sweet little faces, won't it?

So I'm taking this time during a time out of the Kentucky game to make a little post. I have to tell you guys what Emma did last night.

So last night, I was sitting on the couch, and Emma was in the floor playing with glitter glue. (Making some grand creations, might I add.) And she suddenly started singing. This is what she sang:

"Disney World is my favorite place. Disney World is my favorite place. Disney World is Mommy and Daddy and Emma's favorite place. Disney World is the place where dreams come true!!!"

I came very close to telling her right then and there. But I didn't. I might have cried a little though. I will never tell. :lmao:

You are a very strong person! I def would have cracked and told her right then and there thinking this would have made me the bestest (my word!) parent EVER! :lovestruc
I just had a horrible thought... you aren't telling her until you go. Since that is the case...... WHEN WILL U TELL US HOW SHE TOOK IT????? You are going to be so busy getting to the airport and then having an amazing time at Disney that you won't remember to tell us all about it until you are home and remembering what a wonderful trip you had :confused3 :confused: :eek::eek:

You are a very strong person! I def would have cracked and told her right then and there thinking this would have made me the bestest (my word!) parent EVER! :lovestruc
I just had a horrible thought... you aren't telling her until you go. Since that is the case...... WHEN WILL U TELL US HOW SHE TOOK IT????? You are going to be so busy getting to the airport and then having an amazing time at Disney that you won't remember to tell us all about it until you are home and remembering what a wonderful trip you had :confused3 :confused: :eek::eek:

I'm planning on take my trusty old laptop with me, and I'll have my iPhone too. I'll just have to get on here and type out a post while on en route to the airport! (I hope to anyway. :goodvibes) Prince Charming's parents are going to be driving us down, and it takes about 45 minutes to get there, so I should have plenty of time to give you guys an update. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see her reaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter