I'm ready to go now!!! Is it vacation time yet?

Thanks! This is the first time I've ever written one, and I'm having a lot of fun doing it. So glad you're following along! :goodvibes

I bet. I'm excited to write mine as well. We still have several months before our trip but as soon as I can actually start doing some stuff I'll be startin mine!!

Subbing! And Jealous of the deluxe! Making me hungry just thinking about it (especially after all I've seen all day is the baby food I've been making, haha!)

:wave: Hi there! Glad to have you tagging along on this! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to use the deluxe plan! We've only ever done the regular dining plan before, so this will be so new to us! It's a TON of food, but I'm excited to try it all! (I'll be sure to get lots and lots of pictures to add into the TR! :laughing:)

:woohoo::woohoo:Another March trip!!! I am going on March 7th so I will make sure to sprinkle some extra pixie dust around so that you can have an extra special trip.:goodvibes

I am loving that you are making this trip a suprise for your DD. Do you have any idea on how you are going to tell her. I can't wait to see her face.

I am also staying at POFQ. It will be my first stay there and I am super excited. Your ADR's look great, I am completly jealous that you get to do the Deluxe plan. Some day:cloud9:

YAY for March trips! :banana: You all we'll absolutely LOVE POFQ. We adore it!!

Can't wait to read more.popcorn::

We have thought of a couple of ways to surprise her. I had originally planned on posting about our plans for each day of our trip next, but now I'm thinking we should get down to business on how to surprise her! You guys will have to give me input and ideas! :goodvibes

Ahhh...the Deluxe plan...I'm completely excited about it, but a little scared of it at the same time! Where AM I going to put all of that food???!!!???:scared1:

I bet. I'm excited to write mine as well. We still have several months before our trip but as soon as I can actually start doing some stuff I'll be startin mine!!

OOOOOOHHHH!!! Let me know when you start! I can't wait to follow along! popcorn::

Hi guys!

I was planning on posting about our plans for each day while we're there, but I think that this would be a better time to talk about how we plan on surprising Wendy with the trip!

We'll back up a little first. For those of you just joining in, Prince Charming and I decided, after our trip to WDW last year, that the next trip would definitely have to be a surprise. You see, that trip last year was supposed to be a surprise, but we failed miserably. :rolleyes1

We booked our March trip last year with the best of intentions of keeping it a secret, but we weren't able to keep it a secret very long. Seriously. We booked it, and then we caved in and told her a whole hour later. :rotfl2:

Well, this time, we've done a WHOLE lot better. We've kept it a secret now for over a month. YAY MOMMY AND DADDY!!!! :laughing:

So, for a month now, Prince Charming and I have been racking our brains trying to decide what the best way to surprise her would be. The day we are leaving is actually a school day. The last day of school before spring break. The one thing that we are for sure about is that we are going to be completely normal the night before, and Wendy will think she has school the next day. Even though we still haven't bought airline tickets yet, we know that we want to leave as early as possible. We have several options because there are a few leaving from our airport between 6:05 am and 7:00 am. This means we'll have to get up with the chickens, and it will still be dark outside. So...on come the next ideas. What goes better in the dark than some glowing Mickey ears? Right? I'm right, right?

Last year on our very first night, we bought some of the light up Mickey ears to wear during the MSEP. Yep...all three of us wore them. Prince Charming looked especially dashing in them. :lovestruc

So we definitely want to incorporate those. Here's two ideas we have:

1. Wear our ears into her room and wake her up with the lights still out. When she finally wakes up and sees our ears, (aside from thinking we're crazy,) she'll know something is up. Then we can tell her to put hers on, because we're going to Disney World today!!! I can just picture her jumping up out of bed and running through the house as excited as can be!

2. Prince Charming wants to use our song somehow. He wants us to be in the living room dancing around in our light up ears while One Republic's "Good Life" is blaring on the surround sound. I really like this idea, but I am scared to death that if we do that, that it will scare the crap out of her at first. :scared1:. But then I know she'll be excited and dancing around with us.

We haven't come up with anything else yet, but we are open for any suggestions or ideas that anyone has. We want it to be very special, and a very memorable moment for all of us. We even plan on videoing it too!

So what do you all think? What would you do?

Loving it. (I have those ears too:lmao:)
You can also have a post card in your hand, sent from WDW, signed by Mickey, telling her how much he can't wait to see her.
But to do that you need to know someone going to WDW before you:confused3
Oh wait you do, me!:cool2:

Loving it. (I have those ears too:lmao:)
You can also have a post card in your hand, sent from WDW, signed by Mickey, telling her how much he can't wait to see her.
But to do that you need to know someone going to WDW before you:confused3
Oh wait you do, me!:cool2:

Oh my goodness, what a spectacular idea! I LOVE IT!!!!! She will absolutely flip out over that! Thank you for offering to do that. You're so sweet! :hug: Don't let me forget about it, because I LOVE that idea!

I LOVE the idea of the light up ears!!! I like the idea of waking her up with them on but it's more mellow and the dancing to the song blasted sounds even more exciting!!! You don't have to blare it right away if your concerned you'll scare her - just start it out quiet and slowly increase the volume. If she doesn't come out right away just dance into her room with your light up ears on so she knows it's not just the music and sees the ears and finally gets up to see what all the fuss is. lol.

MAN!!! I SO wish I could keep a secret - it sounds SO FUN!!!! lol

:wave: Hi, fellow southern bell! I'm totally in! I can't wait to hear what you decide! I'm jealous of your DxDDP. I was hoping DH would say we could upgrade, but now I know we wouldn't get our full money's worth since we have a day planned at IoA. :rolleyes: But we did add several OOP meals that I'm excited about! Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Oh my goodness, what a spectacular idea! I LOVE IT!!!!! She will absolutely flip out over that! Thank you for offering to do that. You're so sweet! :hug: Don't let me forget about it, because I LOVE that idea!

No problem, I would be honored to do it. I am leaving March 7th so just make sure to pm me your address and other information that you want on the PC. What kind of card do you want? Mickey and Minnie in front of the Castle?:goodvibes

Ahhh...those three little words. Those precious, wonderful, perfect three little words...

"Let's go deluxe"

What? :confused3

Not what you were expecting??? Whoops....I'm sorry. But these were definitely the words I'd been longing to hear. Ever since our trip last year, I've been trying to convince Prince Charming that we needed to try the Deluxe Plan. At least once. And now, he was finally starting to see the light. :lovestruc

I immediately jumped at the opportunity and started looking at NEW dining options. (As if we hadn't changed them enought already! HA!)

After so much work and much deliberation between Prince Charming and myself, here's what we finally came up with:

3/30: 1900 Park Fare (7:00pm dinner)
3/31: Hollywood and Vine (9:30 am breakfast)
Hollywood Brown Derby (5:10pm Fantasmic Package dinner)
4/1: Chef Mickey's (12:05pm lunch)
Cinderella's Royal Table (9:15pm dinner)
4/2: Crystal Palace (9:40am breakfast)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (5:50pm dinner)
4/3: Le Cellier (12:00pm lunch)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (8:00pm)
4/4: Donald's Safarie Breakfast @ Tusker House Restaurant (9:30am breakfast)
Calfornia Grill (5:45pm dinner)

Now...here's my logic behind them all.

1. 1900 Park Fare: Dinner was a must do. We've seen many videos and heard many people talk about how great it is and how funny the stepsisters are.

2. Hollywood and Vine: We want to take full advantage of the dining plan and max it out with as many character meals as we can. This is one that we haven't done yet. Wendy will be excited to meet Jake! :love:

3. The Hollywood Brown Derby: It's part of the Fantasmic package, and the menu looks AMAZING!

4. Chef Mickey's: This one is by special request of Wendy. Even though she doesn't know anything about the trip, she's contributing to our decisions more than she knows!

5. Cinderella's Royal Table: This one is also by request of Wendy. I chose 9:15 because I thought it would be very surreal to be in the castle during wishes.

6. The Crystal Palace: This is a must do breakfast and a tradition for us to eat there.

7. Yachtsman Steakhouse: Prince Charming and I wanted to add some Signature meals to our list, and this one really stood out to him.

8. Le Cellier: By special request of Prince Charming.

9. Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show: Also by special request of Wendy. I had totally forgotten that this was something else she had wanted to do! I had told her about the time I got to go, and she thought it sounded so neat! Thanks to my mom, (or NiNi as we call her) for reminding me of this one!

10. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House: Another character meal to add to our list. :woohoo:

11. California Grill: This is by special request of none other than me. This has been a place that I've want to go to for quite some time, but couldn't bring myself to pay for it. With the deluxe plan, I can try it guilt free!

So there you have it. We have 6 character meals, a dinner show, a must do lunch (Le Cellier), and three Signature meals to look forward to!

Saw that you were reading my PTR and am now on board with yours!

This is sort of how we came to the decision to go with the deluxe dining plan as well! One thing led to another...and here we are. We had a reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby, but unfortunately it was on a day that we planned to be relaxing at the resort, so we changed it because we didn't want to over-exert and have to travel to a park on our relaxing day. :sad2: But now we are happy about that decision. :)

We formerly ate at Hollywood and Vine. We were a little shocked by the characters (not having kids, we had no idea who they were, and we sort of thought they could frighten kids but from what my friends who have kids tell me, this is not the case at all!). The breakfast buffet itself was very tasty though, and the characters and cast did a lot of interacting with the youngsters in the restaurant. Oso (?) even managed to get a kiss out of my very reserved DP! :hug:

Can you enlighten me with the phone number you need to call to see if you get a pin? I am not familiar with this and have been wondering how so many people end up with free dining! OMG is would be helpful to have even the free QSDP to start...maybe not for our dates. I don't want to get my hopes up but any tips you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

And I like all your surprise ideas. I agree you don't want to scare DD! Perhaps you could do a combo of all 3 ideas...some sort of enigmatic post card arrives in the mail a few days before without specifics...then the One Republic song is playing the night before...then when she wakes up and sees the ears, she'll get it for sure, right?

Can you enlighten me with the phone number you need to call to see if you get a pin? I am not familiar with this and have been wondering how so many people end up with free dining! OMG is would be helpful to have even the free QSDP to start...maybe not for our dates. I don't want to get my hopes up but any tips you have would be appreciated. Thanks!

And I like all your surprise ideas. I agree you don't want to scare DD! Perhaps you could do a combo of all 3 ideas...some sort of enigmatic post card arrives in the mail a few days before without specifics...then the One Republic song is playing the night before...then when she wakes up and sees the ears, she'll get it for sure, right?

Just FYI: Most PINs are distributed via email or snail mail. However, you can call the WDW travel hotline and ask if you have any discounts attached to your name. So make sure you're on the WDW mailing list, otherwise, you won't get one. I get a PIN every now and then via snail mail as well as email, and it varies from a FD promotion, to a % off room.

But the best thing to do, is watch the WDW Special Offers page. :thumbsup2 It's how I got my FD for my March trip. :goodvibes It's on the WDW parks page, at the bottom. It's kind of hidden, but it always shows whatever the current promotion is (which right now is % off a room). Best of luck! :thumbsup2

I know...I know...

I've been M.I.A. for a few days! I've been in Lexington in meetings for work, and haven't had much time to myself! :headache: I promise, a new post is coming tonight! =)

Good morning all! :wave2:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am EXHAUSTED! It was a really long, and extremely busy week at work, and boy, am I paying for it! I had to go to Lexington for a meeting on Wednesday, and it really messed with the rest of my week, BIG TIME! Now, I LOVE going to Lexington, it's really one of my most favorite places to go besides WDW. The fact that the University of Kentucky, and Rupp Arena are there probably have a little bit to do with that though. But seriously, when it's meeting time, it'S NO FUN. Lexington is 2 and a half hours away from where I work, so to spend 5 hours on the road for a 2 and a half hour meeting is not exactly how I would like to spend my day.

On the other hand though, I did get some really good news the day after my trip! It appears that yours truly has been put on a development plan to become a Branch Manager for the bank that I work for. I am so excited! WOO HOO!!!! Now, it could be a while before that actually materializes into a promotion, because I told them that I am not relocatable. I only want to work in the town I'm already in. That could potentially make my wait time a little longer than normal. I am ready though, and SO excited!

Anyway....let's get on with what you really came here for!

Prince Charming and I really thought we had a handle on these dining reservations. But in the true nature of our unsuredness, we have changed them again! That's right ladies and gentleman. We have a NEW and IMPROVED ADR list. LOL

We were very happy with the last list we had, REALLY HAPPY. There was only one problem. We failed to add to the list, the one restaurant that we fell in love with on our last trip. What is it, you ask? Drum roll please!!!

:cool1:

:thumbsup2

:worship:

:cool1:

:thumbsup2

kouzzina002.jpg

Yippee!!!!

We did some rearranging of our ressies, and now we're having dinner there on our first night. We ended up rearranging some of our others to make it work though. We ended up taking Yachtsman off our list and replacing it with 1900 Park Fare, because this was one we definitely didn't want to miss. (Can't wait to see those stepsisters! :rotfl:) Besides, in our original plan we had Yachtsman for dinner and then Le Cellier for lunch the very next day. We were afraid that we'd made too many steak ressies too close together, so it was easy to replace Yachtsman.

I was a little sad to see a Signature go, but there are still SO many on our list that I don't think we'll notice that it's gone. What do you guys think?

Hi .. joining in !! :yay:

Love your ADR's and that you are surprising your dd ! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. :thumbsup2

We've only done a signature once ... and while it was great, it definitely isn't in my top 10 places to dine at WDW. We can eat at fine places semi-locally ... we go to WDW for the experiences. :love:

I'm with you on Kouzzina being awesome! We'll be there on March 4th (again) ourselves! :lovestruc

Hi .. joining in !! :yay:

Love your ADR's and that you are surprising your dd ! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. :thumbsup2

:welcome: I'm so glad to have you here! I can't believe I've changed our ADR's so much. It's amazing to me how different it is for me this time. Last year when we went, I only changed them once. This time? Well...It's been a few more times than once. :rotfl2:

I think my next post needs to show our new plans that include Kouzzina. :thumbsup2

We've only done a signature once ... and while it was great, it definitely isn't in my top 10 places to dine at WDW. We can eat at fine places semi-locally ... we go to WDW for the experiences. :love:

I'm with you on Kouzzina being awesome! We'll be there on March 4th (again) ourselves! :lovestruc

Yep. The experience is exactly why we decided to upgrade to the DxDP this time. We wanted to be able to try some of the signatures at least once. I think the one I am most excited about is California Grill. I've been wanting to go there FOREVER! I think it will be such a fun experience to get to dress up and have a really nice meal while in the Most Magical Place on Earth!

YES!!!! Kouzzina was our most favorite place that we ate at on our last trip. I can't wait to go back! :cool1:

I thought that this would be a good time to share with you what our ADR list is now that we've added Kouzzina in and changed some others around. So without further hesitation...HERE IT IS!!!

Friday, March 30th
Kouzinna - Dinner

Saturday, March 31st
Hollywood and Vine - Breakfast

The Hollywood Brown Derby - Dinner (Fantasmic Package)

Sunday, April 1st
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast

Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner

Monday, April 2nd
The Crystal Palace - Breakfast

California Grill - Dinner

Tuesday, April 3rd
Le Cellier - Lunch

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - Dinner (obviously...:lmao:)

Wednesday, April 4th
Tusker House - Breakfast

1900 Park Fare - Dinner

Up Next...Our daily park plans, and how our ADR's coincide with the plans. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!