I'm putting together a graduation DVD and need help with music

For my DS's 6th grade celebration we showed all the kids baby picture then their 6th grade and what they wanted to be and my DD used for the background
Lady Gaga's Born this way. It fit very well because they were all born perfectly just the way they are!

IDK the title of the song, but the song from Tarzan with the line " you'll be in my heart" when ( gosh i am losing my memory ) the mom is singing to baby tarzan. >_< can't remember the names of things anymore lol

"You Get What You Give" by New Radicals
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, "Rocky Theme Song", "Vertigo" by U2, Theme song from Chariots of Fire, "All Star" by Smashmouth, "Jump Around", "Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas, "Lose Yourself" by Eminem -- could all be used for sports.

For the "friends" section, there's a Tom Chapin (brother of Harry) song that I used for a preschool video -- from his CD Billy the Squid, called "All of My Friends." www.tomchapin.com. The lyrics say something like "friends I've known since I was 3." If you don't know Tom Chapin, his kids' music is EXCELLENT.

I found it on a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAyqqVJLSE8. You can capture the music by using listentoyoutube.com.

I'ver never been good with music and this DVD has put me to the test and will take any and all suggestions. This is what I have so far, but I'm not 100% committed to anything.

The sections of the DVD that I want to include are:

School pictures over the years and was thinking of doing the song 2012, but I may strictly use the song for graduation day pictures and then need another song for all the school pictures.

Family pictures - we are family

Pictures with her sisters - We go together (Grease)

Dancing pictures (she's danced for 15 years) - I hope you dance.

Section with DD and Step-father (my husband who has been in her life since she was two) - Because you loved me

My section with DD - My wish (but I'm not loving this song - I think there is something I can do better)

She's been a field hockey player x 4 years - no music so far for this song

Something for her and her friends.

Any suggestions?:surfweb:

King of the World by Point of Grace is an amazing daddy and daughter song for a dancer.

What website or software is everyone using to make the videos. I've used Animoto in the past but I don't think it let's you use multiple songs.

I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker. It was on my computer when I bought it.

Thought of a perfect one--"My Little Girl" Tim McGraw from Flicka movie

Verse 1:
Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.
Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know.
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm.
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

Chorus:
Beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

Verse 2:
When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door.
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!".

(Repeat Chorus)

Verse 3:
Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.
I know he'll say that he's in love.
But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

(Repeat Chorus)

I was originally going to use a Celine Dion song (Because you loved me) for my husband and my daughter, who is her step-father, who has been there for her more than her father, but my husband let me know he doesn't like Celine Dion, but I thought the words were great, now I need song suggestions.

For myself I was planning on using My Wish - I guess I could combine both, but I really wanted to do two separate songs.

I'm almost finished with the project for DD. I'm still using Child of Mine by Carole King but decided to use Good Life by One Republic for our vacation pics.

I'm also using We are Family by Sister Sledge for pictures of all our extended family. And You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story for pictures of family friends.

I'm using Windows Movie Maker. I had started using Kizoa but it was an upgrade to string the songs together.

My faves for grad video-

She's a Beautiful Giri, KT Tunstall
I Hope You Dance
Good Life, One Republic
Good Riddance, Green Day
Lean On Me

My DS is going to jr high next year and the current 6th graders made a video to "We Are Young" by Fun. I love that song.

I saw it mentioned shortly before, yes it seems that Green Day's "Good Riddance" was standard fare back in the day, still a good song. Gotta be sure to have the radio edit version, or at least edit the very first part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter