I'm done with CVS!

Consider yourself lucky that it hasn't happened to you. I personally haven't had a 10 minute transaction, but I have had a very long wait that has gone over 10 minutes. I gave up and went to the pharmacy to ring up my Tylenol. They NEVER have more than one cashier working and the line is usually 5 or 6 deep. All of these good people use their cards sometimes with multiple transactions so they can use their ECBs to get deals. Sorry but my time is more valuable. I have never gotten any good deal there, I end up paying more than I would any where else. I never get coupons from the register that are worth anything to me. Others do, but for me it is a total waste to time and money.

The pp was not talking about waiting in line for 10 minutes, they were talking about their individual transaction taking 10 minutes due to issues with the card.
Waiting in line because there is only one cashier working is a separate complaint :)

I am not a fan of the CVS card thing. There's the wait at the register. I don't shop with my card in my hand. I can't hold my items and dig around for my key chain with the card while I am on line because I only have 2 hands. I set my stuff down and I am pulling out the card while the cashier just stares. It doesn't take long but still they have to wait like 20-30 seconds...Oh my!

Then when I do get coupons or extra care bucks or whatever...they never come up. I always get an error because the coupons that print out when I use my card are somehow not linked to my card. The cashier will stand there and tell me there must be another card when the ID# on the card and the coupon are the same.

Does your CVS not have baskets or carts? Every CVS I've ever been in has them. They're kind of handy and efficient. You know, so you can have empty arms and take out your card.

Though, I am perplexed by those whose arms are too full to take out a card, but they somehow are able to take out their money.

If someone doesn't like CVS, that's their right. I just find it funny that some people are blaming their own inefficiency as a reason not to like it.

The pp was not talking about waiting in line for 10 minutes, they were talking about their individual transaction taking 10 minutes due to issues with the card.
Waiting in line because there is only one cashier working is a separate complaint :)

I understand that, that is why I said I had never had a 10 minute transaction, but I did have a 10 minute wait, because of those cards and people trying to pay almost nothing for something. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if that is the way the store operates, then get more employees to handle the situation. In true DIs fashion, just adding on the the complaint list. :)

Also, I have never had a problem with getting my card out, it is on my key chain, or if I don't have it, I just tell them and they scan their courtesy card, no added time at all.

Does your CVS not have baskets or carts? Every CVS I've ever been in has them. They're kind of handy and efficient. You know, so you can have empty arms and take out your card.

Though, I am perplexed by those whose arms are too full to take out a card, but they somehow are able to take out their money.

If someone doesn't like CVS, that's their right. I just find it funny that some people are blaming their own inefficiency as a reason not to like it.

Thanks for the tip but I am aware of and use baskets. It's still in my hand and makes it difficult to pull out cards and cash. I do that after I get to the register and set my items on the counter. I didn't say the store was inefficient. I said they stare at me for the very short time it takes to get my card out. I think that's annoying & rude.

Although sometimes I am only picking up 2 or 3 things that I can easily hold in my hand.

I understand that, that is why I said I had never had a 10 minute transaction, but I did have a 10 minute wait, because of those cards and people trying to pay almost nothing for something. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if that is the way the store operates, then get more employees to handle the situation. In true DIs fashion, just adding on the the complaint list. :)

ITA, and that goes for any store. I was in Home Depot the other day, and it was a ghost town at the customer service desk. I waited about 10 minutes to pick up an online order. I could have gone to the store, grabbed my mailbox and cashed out with a cashier quicker.

I usually go to CVS around 7 when they open. For some reason they seem to have more employees on then. I don't go often though, because they over price stuff. Sometimes they have good deals, but since they don't stock their shelves with alot of the sale item, your SOL if you go later in the day or week.

OP you could say "I don't want a card" & pre-empt their speech instead of saying you don't have one.

ITA, and that goes for any store. I was in Home Depot the other day, and it was a ghost town at the customer service desk. I waited about 10 minutes to pick up an online order. I could have gone to the store, grabbed my mailbox and cashed out with a cashier quicker.

I usually go to CVS around 7 when they open. For some reason they seem to have more employees on then. I don't go often though, because they over price stuff. Sometimes they have good deals, but since they don't stock their shelves with alot of the sale item, your SOL if you go later in the day or week.

Very true on most stores. Seems when I have to go to CVS, it is an emergency.

I keep my card right with my debit card that I am paying for the purchase with - you have to pull that out of your purse/wallet as well so its just easy to have the 2 together. Actually I have a Green Bag Tag I pull out as well because if any store wants to "pay" me .25 for each visit I don't see a reason to NOT pull out my cards. My CVS does have "store" card that they scan when someone doesn't have a card. So you end up still getting the sale price you just don't get the extra bucks.

Now at Winn Dixie I never have my card (don't really shop there that often) I just tell them my phone number. Never had a problem with not carrying the card with me.

I keep my tags on my keychain- but every store I go to has a card these days. I'm so used to it, it doesn't even come up on my radar anymore. Get in line, hand over key chain, make purchase, done.

Thanks for the tip but I am aware of and use baskets. It's still in my hand and makes it difficult to pull out cards and cash. I do that after I get to the register and set my items on the counter. I didn't say the store was inefficient. I said they stare at me for the very short time it takes to get my card out.

Do they not allow you to set baskets down by your feet? See, this is what's so funny. People have a 101 excuses why they can't do something as simple as pulling out a card before getting to the cashier so they can avoid the horror of the cashier looking at them.

I didnt read through all off the responses but it could be they keep asking because it may be used against them if one is not used.

I know at Toys R Us if a rewards card is not used it goes against the cashiers. They also monitor the percent of new ones they get each day

I frequent CVS several times a week ONLY because it is right next to the department store in the mall where I work and I'm usually only purchasing a snack or drink and I also use the green card on those purchases. I do like receiving an e-mail regarding a dollar amount off or a percentage off and being able to have that sent directly to my card and I don't have to print anything just to lose a coupon in my handbag. However, yesterday I had a manufactuer's coupon and a 25% off from CVS and thought I would be getting a really good deal, but no way, because once the manufacturer's coupon was scanned the product became a sale item and it was not eligible for the additional 25% off from the store. I would have been better off going to Wal-Mart or Target since it was most likely 25% cheaper to begin with. Lesson learned.

CVS is not cheap. The only good deals are on 75% clearance. Their sale prices are what most other stores have for everyday prices. And their cashiers are the slowest on the planet. Don't ask for cash back -- they can't keep $20 bills in the register and have to get a "manager" to bring the change.

Unless you play the ECB game or are a captive audience, I can't imagine why anyone would shop at CVS to begin with. The prices are insane, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Do they not allow you to set baskets down by your feet? See, this is what's so funny. People have a 101 excuses why they can't do something as simple as pulling out a card before getting to the cashier so they can avoid the horror of the cashier looking at them.

It really doesn't matter why or how I choose to shop. I am a customer and if the clerk has to wait maybe 30 seconds for me to pull out my card they should be able to do so without staring as if this is a big problem. Again, I didn't say it was a horror. I said it was rude and I was taught that it's rude to stare no matter what the situation.

I also hate CVS. They have lost our prescriptions on more than one occasion, given the wrong dosage directions on the label, etc.

NEVER go there anymore, except once in a blue moon for milk. I run in with a $5 in my hand, DH is in the car waiting. The key fob thing is with the car keys, so I have to get the LECTURE about using the card! I don't care about the darn card for a gallon of milk. Just ring me up and stop making me feel like I've been called to the principal's office!

I'm glad for stores that have cards and limits on deals. Makes it possible for lots of people to get the deal instead of just a few stockpile hoarders:banana:

I love CVS, and always have. I think the card comes in handy, and you truly do save. If I don't have it on me, I just give them my phone number, or whip out my phone (CVS app) and have them scan it.

If you don't want the card, just say no thank you, I'm not interested. I used to work for CVS back in college, and I NEVER forced someone to get it if they didn't want it. If they asked me what the benefits were, THEN I would go into detail.

I'm sorry if you find it frustrating, but don't stop visiting a store b/c of a loyalty card ... :rolleyes1

It really doesn't matter why or how I choose to shop. I am a customer and if the clerk has to wait maybe 30 seconds for me to pull out my card they should be able to do so without staring as if this is a big problem. Again, I didn't say it was a horror. I said it was rude and I was taught that it's rude to stare no matter what the situation.

Are they allowed to look at you while accepting your payment, or should they hang their head in shame until you are ready to hand it to them?

Are they allowed to look at you while accepting your payment, or should they hang their head in shame until you are ready to hand it to them?

Really? Where did I say they can't look at me? I said stare. There's quite a difference between normal eye contact while conducting a transaction and staring, at least I think there is.

You're making it sound like I withhold payment just to prolong the transaction, which is not the case at all. Just like it takes time to ring up the items, it takes time to pull out my payment. That's all normal activity in the buy/sell transactions I have experienced since...forever.

Really? Where did I say they can't look at me? I said stare. There's quite a difference between normal eye contact while conducting a transaction and staring, at least I think there is.

You're making it sound like I withhold payment just to prolong the transaction, which is not the case at all. Just like it takes time to ring up the items, it takes time to pull out my payment. That's all normal activity in the buy/sell transactions I have experienced since...forever.

And its normal for a cashier to look, or in your words stare, at the person they are interacting with :confused3
You are making it sound like they are doing something absolutely horrible by daring to look/stare at you while you are getting something out to give to them. I find that strange, almost like you feel they aren't worthy of staring at you and all your glory or something.
Now if they are staring at you with daggers and rolling their eyes, I could see a complaint, but because they are staring at you instead of the floor, or the ceiling, or the next person in line, seems absurd IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter