$ILL vs Rope Drop in each park?

This is helpful. But do you suggest waiting for another SDD drop at 7:17am if you miss 7am G+ drop?

Essentially, you are gambling giving Up “guaranteed” 2nd choice MFSR/MMRR… hoping there will be SDD available.

I did spy earlier Tip Board last summer looking at this strategy

This is helpful. But do you suggest waiting for another SDD drop at 7:17am if you miss 7am G+ drop?

Essentially, you are gambling giving Up “guaranteed” 2nd choice MFSR/MMRR… hoping there will be SDD available.

I did spy earlier Tip Board last summer looking at this strategy
For competitive LL, grab the first option that works for your schedule. I wouldn't wait if you see something that works for your day. But it's good to know that there are drops if you have technical issues or otherwise can't grab something earlier.

Things like MMRR and MFSF have availability for a while, so you don't lose that option by trying Slinky. You just won't get the earliest (morning) times.

ILL plan looks fine but IMO this is too much Epcot for a five day trip.
I agree. Unless you are really big into drinking, AK followed by a half day epcot is what park hoppers are made for. That would also free up an AK day (though it is sad to miss a night at pandora) and allow a second day of MK or a split between two.

I agree. Unless you are really big into drinking, AK followed by a half day epcot is what park hoppers are made for. That would also free up an AK day (though it is sad to miss a night at pandora) and allow a second day of MK or a split between two.
We were originally going to do a second MK day, but changed our mind a couple weeks ago. My brother in law and his girlfriend went to WDW a few weeks ago, and they spent two days in MK and wished they had more time for EPCOT (They live in Cali and have AP for Disneyland). Husband's family lives ten minutes away from Disneyland, so we've done a lot of the MK rides before and we can do them any time we're there for a family visit. So we don't have a ton of motivation to re-ride some of those rides that are duplicated at both parts, and we want to focus on the things that are unique to EPCOT. Husband is also VERY excited about a lot of the food booths for the Flower and Garden festival, so we want to have plenty of opportunities to eat all that great stuff AND still check out the big names like Les Halles, La Cava, etc, in addition to our Space 220 lounge reservation. We also want to make sure we've got plenty of time to explore all of the pavillions, browse the shops, etc without feeling rushed to "finish" the park in one day. Getting extra chances to ride Guardians is a bonus :D We also don't love the idea of paying for Park Hoppers for the whole trip when we might only use them one day.

Are you coming from the front of the park or the international gateway? Skyliner and Crescent Lake hotels have a significant advantage coming to Remy, while the front's advantage is Test Track.

I'm curious if Remy will stay ILL when Guardians opens. That would make Epcot the only park with two ILL for the summer.

For the sake of argument, let's put Remy in G+. If you're coming from the front, G+ Remy and RD Soarin', Test Track (or I guess Mission Space, since that seems to be a priority for you). If you're coming from the IG, you should be able to do Remy and then Frozen during early entry, use your G+ for Soarin', Test Track, or Mission Space.

If Remy is still ILL and you're coming from the front, I'd cost compare the Remy ILL with an Uber to Swan so you could use the IG entrance.
if they still do breakfast in the parks before opening, you can get to the back before rope drops…..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter