If you could speak to Bob Iger about DVC at the Poly.....

My thoughts about plans for DVC at the Poly

• Please dont!! This will ruin the relaxing atmosphere.

• One building perhaps, current plans are too much.

• I love all the plans as they are!!!

• Not sure how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.
BLT is the reason I was able to talk DH into buying into DVC in the first place. You really can't beat the close proximity to MK especially being able to walk there and back ;). Not everyone likes the atmosphere of CR or BLT, but it is home for us :goodvibes.

We are considering a point rent for blt next trip if the poly construction is in full swing. Trying to read up all I can

We are considering a point rent for blt next trip if the poly construction is in full swing. Trying to read up all I can

Renting points is the best way to check out a resort (especially DVC) before diving into something that you aren't quite sure you want to do yet, so many people tend to buy in sight unseen and then hate the resort that they choose as their home resort because they thought they would like it. Hope it works out for you :goodvibes.

Renting points is the best way to check out a resort (especially DVC) before diving into something that you aren't quite sure you want to do yet, so many people tend to buy in sight unseen and then hate the resort that they choose as their home resort because they thought they would like it. Hope it works out for you :goodvibes.

THX! totaly depends on what we here about things at the Poly.

We just came home from a week at Poly. The DVC recruiter and I had a long talk re the Poly project as I told him the only resort I would purchase points for was at the Poly. At first he said there were no "current" plans for DVC at Poly. After I discussed some of the rumors and info I had gleaned from here and other places, he agreed that plans were in the "initial stages" but that Disney would not initiate them until the GF DVC units were significantly sold as Disney had been burned in the past with too many units for sale and new properties coming on line. He said that the grand villas over the lagoon were "pipe dreams" and that that the model would be like BLT and GF buildings putting more capacity in a multistory bldg. He identified the probable site for the DVC bldg as being in the Spirit of Aloha area. Take everything said with a grain of salt but it was later at night and he was not "giving the pitch" as much as passing the time with me.

I love Tikiman's site and consider it my "go to" source for all things Poly. In that regard, I have no doubt that a DVC is in the works.

My guess, however, is that things will play out somewhat slower than what's being projected there. While there may very well be substantial work done in the Volcano Pool area this fall/winter (as indicated in another Poly thread), my gut feeling is that they won't break ground on a Poly DVC until sometime in 2014 at the very earliest (I'd guess fall 2014). I also believe that while the first DVC building (near the current Luau Cove site) is a virtual certainty, the second DVC building and new pool area is more tenative, with the grand villas over the Lagoon being even more tenative.

I love Tikiman's site and consider it my "go to" source for all things Poly. In that regard, I have no doubt that a DVC is in the works.

My guess, however, is that things will play out somewhat slower than what's being projected there. While there may very well be substantial work done in the Volcano Pool area this fall/winter (as indicated in another Poly thread), my gut feeling is that they won't break ground on a Poly DVC until sometime in 2014 at the very earliest (I'd guess fall 2014). I also believe that while the first DVC building (near the current Luau Cove site) is a virtual certainty, the second DVC building and new pool area is more tenative, with the grand villas over the Lagoon being even more tenative.

I think things might go this way as well

I'll finally chime in.... Hey Iger... Lets forget about the dollar and get back to what made WDW great... Customer service, making WDW affordable to everyone ( stop raising prices and downgrading services and product ....

Go back to the original dining of the 80's and stop feeding the masses for free... Quality of meals is awful now... I wouldn't give you 2 cents for any TS on property... All mostly the same... Mass produced, bland, overhyped and expensive..

That's it, back when WDW execs seem to care about the guest more than their bottom line, there were more happier CM's and guests ...

Jenny,
I did not take your poll because there was not an answere that said turn all of the poly over to DVC. For me it's the bigger the better. Build it and they will come.

Jenny,
I did not take your poll because there was not an answere that said turn all of the poly over to DVC. For me it's the bigger the better. Build it and they will come.

hmm I did not think of that option.;)

I'll finally chime in.... Hey Iger... Lets forget about the dollar and get back to what made WDW great... Customer service, making WDW affordable to everyone ( stop raising prices and downgrading services and product ....

Go back to the original dining of the 80's and stop feeding the masses for free... Quality of meals is awful now... I wouldn't give you 2 cents for any TS on property... All mostly the same... Mass produced, bland, overhyped and expensive..

That's it, back when WDW execs seem to care about the guest more than their bottom line, there were more happier CM's and guests ...

Very well said Pepe ....although they have added a few nice dining options....Miss the days of resorts have several options for TS...

I agree with the other poster who suggested a DVC resort on its own.

I just wish they would leave well enough alone. I understand that the DVC is a big money maker for them and that is basically their bottom line, but why take away from the charm of resorts like the GF and Poly? Like a previous poster has mentioned, bulid something somewhere else. Lord knows you have the space.

I thought they did it right with OKW and later on, SSR.
The problem with building a DVC resort "elsewhere" is being able to sell it. SSR took a long time to sell out, and AKV is taking a long time, despite being co-located with a deluxe resort.

Disney Vacation Development (DVD) has entertained building properties elsewhere, including at eagle Pines and Ft Wilderness area, but they never broke ground likely due to location and size. If someone is going to spend the amount required in start up cost and annual dues for 50 years, they are going to want it close to a park, which is why the Deluxe resorts are all getting DVC buildings.

So, how about instead of adding DVC to the Poly, what if they followed the initial rumors and turned the Poly into a DVC only resort? :lmao: No? ;) I bet there would be more fall out from that then adding a DVC section to the existing resort.

DVC members have been clamoring for a DVC section within the Poly forever, and it will sell relatively quick in comparison to other resorts. Alternatively, a stand alone DVC resort elsewhere on property would not sell well at all, and would not be built until AKV sells out. Their best shot at this would have been to place a larger stand alone resort on the EPCOT monorail line between the TTC and EPCOT, when members desperately wanted a monorail resort. Instead, they built BLT (which I personally love).

In the end, a DVC will be added to the Poly, regardless of sentiment. It will be so popular, and WDW management knows it, that if all of the Poly resort guests decide to boycott the hotel, they could simply convert the whole thing to DVC and sell out.

Sorry many don't like it, and I can understand why. However, the writing is on the wall. Personally, I won't buy points there, instead opting for additional points at BLT if we ever add on at WDW, so I am ambivalent either way.

Good luck everyone! Great topic and thread. I appreciate hearing what non-DVC WDW fans think of the DVC Poly option, as it is exciting news on the DVC threads. :thumbsup2

The problem with building a DVC resort "elsewhere" is being able to sell it. SSR took a long time to sell out, and AKV is taking a long time, despite being co-located with a deluxe resort.

Disney Vacation Development (DVD) has entertained building properties elsewhere, including at eagle Pines and Ft Wilderness area, but they never broke ground likely due to location and size. If someone is going to spend the amount required in start up cost and annual dues for 50 years, they are going to want it close to a park, which is why the Deluxe resorts are all getting DVC buildings.

So, how about instead of adding DVC to the Poly, what if they followed the initial rumors and turned the Poly into a DVC only resort? :lmao: No? ;) I bet there would be more fall out from that then adding a DVC section to the existing resort.

DVC members have been clamoring for a DVC section within the Poly forever, and it will sell relatively quick in comparison to other resorts. Alternatively, a stand alone DVC resort elsewhere on property would not sell well at all, and would not be built until AKV sells out. Their best shot at this would have been to place a larger stand alone resort on the EPCOT monorail line between the TTC and EPCOT, when members desperately wanted a monorail resort. Instead, they built BLT (which I personally love).

In the end, a DVC will be added to the Poly, regardless of sentiment. It will be so popular, and WDW management knows it, that if all of the Poly resort guests decide to boycott the hotel, they could simply convert the whole thing to DVC and sell out.

Sorry many don't like it, and I can understand why. However, the writing is on the wall. Personally, I won't buy points there, instead opting for additional points at BLT if we ever add on at WDW, so I am ambivalent either way.

Good luck everyone! Great topic and thread. I appreciate hearing what non-DVC WDW fans think of the DVC Poly option, as it is exciting news on the DVC threads. :thumbsup2

I think that you made some excellent points. I understand that it probably will happen at the Poly, I guess I just hope that they keep it to one or two buildings. The plans on tikimans site are just too much.:( Perhaps they will keep it small so that they can be sure to always sell?

These are all valid points IMO. I personally dont like DVC but I have no problem with folks that do. I dont have any problem with DVC coming to my beloved Poly. I actually look forward in some ways to see if the new structure adds to the polynesian atmosphere. I just hope they dont over-do it. The current plans as they are being reported are just "too much". I would hate it if they book end the resort with 2 high rise buildings. I suspect that they will not. The sight balloons that show up while they are planning things were only seen over by the Luau area, never by Rapa Nui/Tahiti. Also, why would you even want to have bungalo's on the water in front of Tahiti? You would be right next to the TTC with constant boat traffic and have you seen the lagoon water recently? It's like green swamp water, not pristine tropical water! Not that appealing to me. LOL.

These are all valid points IMO. I personally dont like DVC but I have no problem with folks that do. I dont have any problem with DVC coming to my beloved Poly. I actually look forward in some ways to see if the new structure adds to the polynesian atmosphere. I just hope they dont over-do it. The current plans as they are being reported are just "too much". I would hate it if they book end the resort with 2 high rise buildings. I suspect that they will not. The sight balloons that show up while they are planning things were only seen over by the Luau area, never by Rapa Nui/Tahiti. Also, why would you even want to have bungalo's on the water in front of Tahiti? You would be right next to the TTC with constant boat traffic and have you seen the lagoon water recently? It's like green swamp water, not pristine tropical water! Not that appealing to me. LOL.

I was thinking the same thing about those bungalo's? My sil did not even like Tahiti because of the noise from TTC. And the water, blech. I have to say there have been alot of good points made in this thread. So nice to have a place to come and chat with other Disney, and Poly junkies!:goodvibes

I'm very excited about the rumored Poly DVC plans and would likely add on at Poly. The pool sounds amazing. If I were talking to Bob Iger, I would suggest an additional table service restaurant similar similar to Sanaa at AKV/Kidani but to fit with the Poly's theming. A quick service location at the new pool would also be ideal...and would help keep some extra traffic from going to Captain Cook's. One more request...walkway to MK!!

if the new rumors are true, today I would tell Bob "THANKS!"...who knows what is real at this point, but I hope this new one is true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter