If you already have a stateroom number assigned...any chance of an upgrade?

We sailed on the Fantasy last April and were upgraded from our confirmed 9A OV cabin to a 7A veranda. Never got a call from DCL (or our TA Costco). About 45 days out, some people on our cruise meet thread were saying that they had been upgraded so I looked at our reservation and pixiedust: so were we! We :love: our new cabin! Very grateful for the pixiedust!

Now, for our upcoming cruise on the Fantasy in 2014, I have picked specific rooms that I do not want to be moved from, so when I made our reservation I asked that a "do not move/upgrade" be placed on our reservation. The nice lady on the phone said she'd never heard of that kind of request. She even put me on hold to talk with a supervisor. She said that so long as you have a specific room number, they don't change your room :rolleyes2 Well, I know better than that because it happened to us previously as well as several other DIS friends. Not to mention that I know by reading these boards that others have requested on their reservations not to be moved. I didn't argue with her, I just called back at another time and put in my request. :thumbsup2

But upgrades DO happen... randomly ::yes::

Thanks for the information. I booked early enough that I was able to choose my own room. Good to know that there is always a chance (albeit very slight) that I might get some of that pixiedust. Regardless of the room I'm in, I know I'm going to have an awesome time. I can hardly wait. 2014 is SO far away! lol!

becca1976 said:
I'm new to cruise terminology, what is the GTY you keep mentioning? I just booked a cat. 11 room for an Aug. 2014 Alaska cruise. We are way too poor to book anything with a porthole, let alone a verandah. I read a lot of stateroom reviews on this board, so did choose a specific room and the TA booked it for me. If I pray really hard, is there a chance to get an upgrade?? Or does that only happen for the GTY rooms that have been mentioned?

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but man that sure would be a nice surprise!

We did Alaska July of 2012. We had cat 9. The cruise did sell out and there were no upgrades at port. We were one of the first families to check in. The ocean view room was just fine and we felt a veranda would not have benefited us and we were glad we didn't spend another $1k for it. There are plenty of viewing areas on board.

We booked two Cat 11 rooms with our DVC points for September 2013. I assumed we would not be eligible to get an upgrade since we had room number assigned already. We have only been upgraded when we had GTY bookings. Is it even possible to get upgraded when booking on your points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter