If it is too personal close the thread

When my dog died we had him cremated and they offered a cedar box
with his name routered to into it. We still have it 7 years later but intend to take it to the mountains and release him to the elements. We may keep the box. I am sorry about your loss.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. We have our most recent fur-babies ashes in boxes... currently behind the TV because it's a little to raw at the moment to look at - hopefully I can order something nice in the next few months but as of yet, I haven't even been able to do that. Our first was buried in our yard, but moving and leaving her there wasn't the greatest.

Sorry for your loss. I don't keep my pets ashes as I do a communal cremation as it less that half the cost.($200 vs $500). If I did I would get a plant or shrub I really likes and bury the ashes with the soil. I have a clay paw print, their favourite toy and picture in a curio cabinet.

Thanks you everyone I don't know how to ask with out sounding cold but how long did you wait to replace your fury friend. I just feel this empty space pumpkin and I were together every waking moment it seemed like

Thanks you everyone I don't know how to ask with out sounding cold but how long did you wait to replace your fury friend. I just feel this empty space pumpkin and I were together every waking moment it seemed like

I'm so sorry for the loss of your companion! That's hard. So, hard.

If you're ready for a new companion, do it. I hope you get a rescue that will give you years of love, and that you will give years of love too!

My fur babies are all from the rescue and I'd pay tons to keep them happy, healthy and safe would no one else would.

If I'm remembering correctly, you have another cat. Based on that, I would get another one, whenever you feel ready. Your remaining kitty would probably love the companionship, although don't expect them to be all lovey-dovey at first. It takes time. Last time we got a new kitten (showed up on our doorstep), it took ~2 weeks for the dog to accept him, maybe 4 weeks for the older cats.

Please give consideration to adopting from a shelter. And know that black cats have the hardest time getting adopted, but they have great personalities. That said, go when your heart moves you, pick the kitty who touches you. Don't let anyone tell you that there's a right or wrong time to get a new kitty.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard losing a pet. We never keep the cremains of our animals. We prefer to remember them alive, in our memories.
As far as when to bring another pet into the family, only you can know when the time is right. But, I would wait a bit, until the sadness and pain of losing Pumpkin goes away a bit. If you decide to get another cat, and you still have one in the house, be careful about introducing the new one. Keep that one in a room by himself for a few days. Let the two cats smell each other from under the door. Then, start letting the new addition out for a bit each day. Only when they are okay together should you leave them on their own together!!!
Best of luck!!

Until the last one, we got a new cat within a couple of weeks because of the empty feeling of the house.

We are older now, and didn't get any new pets when the last one left us. We travel a lot and didn't want to leave any home alone anymore.

We lost 2 cats unexpectedly about 2 months apart. We waited about 5 months after the second passed to get another cat, but that was mostly because our son was away at school. He had suffered the losses with us and I wanted him there to experience the happiness of the new addition.

I think you should add a new cat whenever you feel ready. There are no rules. Just do what's right for you. There are so many cats out there in need of homes sooner rather than later.

We ended up rescuing a stray kitten for our new addition. He's a much loved member of the family now. I hope you heal quickly and can open your home to a new friend soon.

Tink, I'm very sorry for the loss of Pumpkin. I know how hard it is. :(

When our Shiloh died, we buried him in our yard and got a slab of rock from the side of the road and engraved his name on it.

What are you looking for in an urn? Do you want to order online? Maybe we can help find something?

I'm sorry for your loss. We too purchased a beautiful wooden keepsake box for our dog's ashes. We also purchased a really pretty adhesive metal label to list his name and birth/death dates. It's in our china cabinet and is beautiful.

Our sweet Kitty died last summer and at first we decided we weren't going to get another until Felie, out 15 year old other cat, passed because Felie is really high strung and we worried about her getting along with a new cat.

That thought lasted about 2 weeks when my DH saw a pair of 12 week old sisters in the Humane Society cages at the pet store. We adopted them both. Felie isn't too happy about it, but she is adjusting okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter