"IF I WERE A FRAGGLE..." BACKSTAGE MAGIC TRIP REPRT; Mar28-APR 3rd '10- W/PICS &VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCF2820.jpg

After a wild a wooly past few days, it's time for me to get back to all things Disney.
Ladybug received plenty of gifts from "Santa Beagle" and me? Well, I received the usual; a Disney gift card, some Disney dvd's, cd's and clothing. Of course, you know what that means.......time for me 2 take that gift card & gear up for some Disney Shopping in a few more weeks. :woohoo:.

** If I remember right, I have approximately 45 more days to go & I will be receiving my "Know before you go" packet of information from ABD **

Now......if I can just make it to the "Single Digit dance" without hyperventilating (just kidding here) I will be ok. I am such a "commando solo traveler" & I vow to do my best to SLOW DOWN and enjoy what I am seeing as I am moving from point a to point d. That and I plan to choose comfort over style in regards to what I will be packing clothing wise.
BUT FIRST, time for a small confession:rolleyes1.

I have a day off from work Monday & I plan on watching......for the very first time.....the Disney movie, "Aladdin.":genie:

I know I know I know......me....a Disney nut....& I haven't SEEN this movie yet but I feel it's very important to have some sort of a working knowledge of what you will be seeing while on this trip of a lifetime. Per se, there is nothing more embarrasing than walking RIGHT past that monkey (while at AK; January 2009....and by the way, what is his name??) and not realizing that he is from the Disney movie, "Tarzan."
And I vow NOT to go throught that again. Besides, atleast now I WILL KNOW what to say when inneracting with Jasmine & company;).

And that reminds me, also on my day off, I plan on breaking out my suitcase & begin packing a few things that I will be needing. Since I have now been through one ABD vacation, my words of wisdom about what to pack /wear all boils down to three words:

COMFORT OR STYLE??:confused:

I am also taking into consideration the weather and with it being highs in the upper 60's and lows in the upper 40's (late March to early April), I plan on
wearing causual comfortable clothing - which means shorts and pull over short sleeve button down shirts. I feel comfortable in this as I feel that we will be doing a lot of walking & moving about while on this trip.

Which is exactly what I need since I plan on hitting up the parks for their Mickey rice krispy treats.....dipped in B-O-T-H white and dark chocolate with a covering of plain m&m sprinkles ....
AbigolMagicKingdomRicekrispyTreatdi.jpg

(photo shot while at MK; January 2009 as I saw them but was too dang busy to try 1!)

.....while washing it down with a chocolate milkshake.....with extra malt:cloud9:.

:upsidedow*** I AM SOOOOOOOOO BAD****:upsidedow

HHmmmmm.....roadtrip to Claribelle's perhaps??:thumbsup2

Anywho -

I am also packing this way on account I detest paying for a second checked piece of luggage as I now see the benefits of packing (from my previous ABD trip) only one suitcase with no personal item brought onto the plane but a carry-on. My carry-on for this trip will be once again used for a misc bag (can't exceed 11 lbs) for a USA today, I-pod, etc.
On my previous ABD trip, my one suitcase (28 inch) was packed weighing in at 41 lbs at 59 total inches.
** And that was for an 8 day ABD trip **

One thing I will not be packing is my laptop computer, That WILL BE staying at home. Previously, I thought I would try something different and use the internet while on my "Spirit of America" ABD trip and it really (IMHO) really wound up interfering with my daily fun. To each their own I say but to me, no cell phones, internet nor laptop computers while on vacation is my rule.
Besides, what does the Disney promo dvd say about Disney planning??:idea:

So, between that and me FINALLY watching the Disney movie, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," I can tell this is a vacation of a lifetime any Disney fan needs to go on and seepopcorn::.

UP NEXT:

'Dancing my cares away' while making "Ladybug's" hotel ressies, totals to date on my weight loss and making final plans for a ragin' cajun good time (food wise) while on this trip -

P.S. I gotta birthday coming up Dec 30th!!:faint:

T.T.F.N.

Need help. For the life of me, I am having troubles locating a dvd of the movie, "Aladdin."

So I welcome suggestions on where I can find a copy.

Local library? Don't have a copy.

Q: Would Blockbuster carry it??

Q: what about Amazon.com????

any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I really would like to watch the movie so I know more of what I am looking at in a few more weeks while on this adventure:goodvibes.

Thanks everyone 4 listening.

T.T.F.N.

Need help. For the life of me, I am having troubles locating a dvd of the movie, "Aladdin."

So I welcome suggestions on where I can find a copy.

Local library? Don't have a copy.

Q: Would Blockbuster carry it??

Q: what about Amazon.com????

any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I really would like to watch the movie so I know more of what I am looking at in a few more weeks while on this adventure:goodvibes.

Thanks everyone 4 listening.

T.T.F.N.

I checked Netflix and they don't have it. Maybe Blockbuster would. It went back in the vault on January 2008, so it hasn't been terribly long ago. I ordered Snow White from Amazon.com when it was in the vault several years ago. It doesn't actually come from Amazon. You buy it from another seller and pay through Amazon. The one I brought was advertised as new and it had all the original inserts inside (ads and such), but the shrink wrap had been removed and then just sort of draped over the box. It was in perfect condition though. So no complaints.

Just got caught up - that's so cool!

Also love your title for the trip report (we were watching the fraggles just tonight)

DogfromPiratesoftheCaribbean.jpg

(still video shot taken while on POTC attraction ride; MK - Jan 2009)

......to do some basic Disney research before you go:goodvibes & if necessary, check with the ABD call center if questions still remain.

WOW - WOW and I tell you what.....W-O-W! These past 3 to 4 weeks have been such a total blast for me as I have quite literally immersed myself in all things Disney; from books, dvds to cd, etc - you name it.....I have "researched" it.

All this research has lead me to see that Disneyland is vveerryy different from Disneyworld - which is a good thing.

Now I know you are asking yourselves, "Ok - so what have you been up to in the land of Fraggles & the House that Walt built?" popcorn::.

Good point & for starters I do say that it is very helpful to do some basic research on any ABD adventure so you will have an idea of what you are looking at. Keeping that in mind, here is what I suggest are good reference materials for this adventure:

1). book or dvd: "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth."
I have read the book & seen the dvd. Very informative & very helpful - even had a few "ah ha's moments & "I didn't know that" moments while reading the book.

2). dvd of the Jim Henson tv series: "Fraggle Rock" Season 1, 2, 3 or 4.
I really enjoyed the story development from season 4 vs season 1 as it was truely fascinating to see Jim Henson's work come to life. My fav character? Why - "F.W.W.N"......of course;).

3). Jim Henson movie, "Dark Crystal."
Loved it better than "Labrynth." Labrynth was hard to follow. Great music though.

4). Disney movies: "Bug's Life," "Aladdin," "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?," "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Tarzan," "Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom," etc.

And especially the movie "Aladdin" as I am about to explain below.

5). Book: "Street Gang:" 'The Complete History of Sesame Street'. This book was quite a treat for me to read as it really gives a wonderful background as to how Jim Henson (and others) got it all started.

6). Book: Birnbaums' Guide to Disneyland.

Now a cute little funny has come out of all this "research" & it has to do with what happened a few months ago while I was on the Disney Wonder cruise ship.

popcorn::*** FLASH BACK TO JANUARY 2009 ***popcorn::

Here I am (vveerry new to All things Disney back then) having just a rocking good time seeing all four Disney parks in four days (SEE BELOW TRIP REPORT) - then I was off to the Disney Wonder cruise ship for the very first time.
Around day 3, I needed to head up for a bit to deck 9, so I headed towards the elevators. As I was getting in the elevator, I chanced upon a young man who was wearing a white colored turban and with what looked to be jump pants. We talked for a bit as deck 9 came up before we both knew it. I said goodbye and that was it.

*** NOW, FLASH FORWARD TO ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO ***

I am sitting down watching the Disney movie, "Aladdin" and enjoying a good sandwich and drink when a little ways into it, I literally spewed Dr. Pepper through my nose!

I freezed framed the scene that caught my attention and there.....in a Disney cartoon - was none other than the man I was conversing with (in the elevator) on the cruise ship!

NOW - DIDN'T I EVER FEEL LIKE A GOOF! I was talking to none other than Prince Ali and NEVER KNEW IT!:rolleyes1.

So, yes - very important - have some basic idea of what you are going to be seeing on an ABD adventure so you don't have a similiar experience happen to you:lmao:.

Anywho - on a different note -

FOOD....ah yes, that wonderful topic while out & about on your Backstage Magic adventure.

I am starting to feel more comfortable navigating my way in & around DL & Calif Adventure parks so I plan on heading out evening of day four (dinner on your own) to:

1) Carnation Cafe (Dl; main Street USA)
2) Blue Ribbon Bakery
(I MISS MY MICKEY RICE KRISPY TREATS - dipped in white & dark chocolate:cloud9:)

And.....

for evening of day 6, I plan on heading out to:*
1)Pacific Wharf Cafe.
2)Bakersfield Bakery.
(YA GOTTA HAVE YOUR MICKEY RICE KRISPY TREATS :cloud9:)

Morning of day seven (day I depart), I plan on heading out to*:
Downtown Disney &:
1) Labrea Bakery (I think thats the name of it)
2) AND yes.......I am on the hunt that morning for a.....Mickey Head shaped rice krispy treat - dipped in white & dark chocolate;).

* But these plans MAY change (what park I go to as well) depending on what we do as a group and what not the evening of day three.

Anywho -
where would I be without two Adventures by Disney call center representatives:

1) Alseen
2) Yvonne

These two have really gone above and beyond in helping me understand the ins and outs of all things Disney.....California style and I am really really appreciative of them. They have really helped me get pointed in the right direction in kindly answering questions about where to go for food and what not. :cloud9:.

T.T.F.N.

UP NEXT:

1)THINK PINK, 2)Mickey's Fun Wheel while sitting in Goofy's Gondola & 3)totals so far in my quest to diet in preperation for this upcoming adventure.

I can't wait to read more! I'd love to try the Backstage Magic ABD! I can't wait to hear all about it!:thumbsup2

.......looking forward to it as well as I promise to take plenty of pictures / video and just like my Adventures by Disney "Spirit of America" adventure (see below trip report), it will also be interspersed with lots of pics/video as I like to keep my trip reports entertaining and informational with just a hint of quirkiness. And speaking of pics/video...

I promise to make sure I have permission FIRST to do so as I am getting the impression that there as some places that have some restrictions of some sorts (pics w/ a flash, pics w/o a flash, no pics, etc).
Don't worry though as I will be letting you know via my trip report where you can & can't take pics -

:)** MOUSES' HONOR **:)

Anywho -

Speaking of trip reports, I have found out a lot of information concerning/about the first two days of my BSM adventure and will be sharing it with everyone shortly.popcorn::

Until then -

I'm loving your pre TR. Like I said on your SOA TR I will be on the April 13th BSM tour. I might have a few questions for you when you get back if you don't mind.
As a kid I lived in Southern California so We went to DL one or two times a year. I love DL. :lovestruc
The last time I was there was in 2003. I have only done one day trips to DL. This will be my first time staying on DL property, and spending multiple days at DL.
I hope they have the Rivers of America full of water when you go. I will be so sad if I miss Fantasmic. :sad1: I have never seen it DL or WDW.
I hope the World of Color is running when we are there too. They are saying late March for the show opening. Maybe you guys will get to see the first show. ;)

I have been bad and not done any research except read one TR about this trip. She did a great job with her TR. IT had alot of information about this tour.

I will be rooming with a friend I met thru the Dis on this trip. We will get to Hollywood a day early, and be staying an extra night after the ABD portion of the trip as well.

I can't wait to read more about your plans.

I was catching up on so reading over at miceage, and was sad to learn that the World of Color is not scheduled to start until the end of April or the beginning of May. :sad: :sad:

Just got caught up - that's so cool!

Also love your title for the trip report (we were watching the fraggles just tonight)

Thanks! Just something about those Fraggles that just bring out the case of the giggles in me - looking forward to seeing the Jim Henson creature shop as the moment the doors open up & I step inside, it's a mix of mentally running through my mind the Fraggle Rock theme song combined with the Willie Wonka song, "Pure Imagination.":goodvibes

In short, Fraggles just.....well....."ROCK":lmao:.

I'm loving your pre TR. Like I said on your SOA TR I will be on the April 13th BSM tour. I might have a few questions for you when you get back if you don't mind.
As a kid I lived in Southern California so We went to DL one or two times a year. I love DL. :lovestruc
The last time I was there was in 2003. I have only done one day trips to DL. This will be my first time staying on DL property, and spending multiple days at DL.
I hope they have the Rivers of America full of water when you go. I will be so sad if I miss Fantasmic. :sad1: I have never seen it DL or WDW.
I hope the World of Color is running when we are there too. They are saying late March for the show opening. Maybe you guys will get to see the first show. ;)

I have been bad and not done any research except read one TR about this trip. She did a great job with her TR. IT had alot of information about this tour.

I will be rooming with a friend I met thru the Dis on this trip. We will get to Hollywood a day early, and be staying an extra night after the ABD portion of the trip as well.

I can't wait to read more about your plans.

Thanks 4 coming on aboard this trip report! popcorn:: I can tell it's going to be a blast - will answer more of your comments below.

MeandPirateStitch.jpg

(picture of Pirate Stitch & I while on the Disney Wonder; Jan 2009)

..........this adventure is almost upon me & I haven't really BeGuN tO pAcK!!!!:eek:

we before we delve into that subject, onto a more favorable one in relation to this adventure:

:woohoo: **** FOOD **** :woohoo:

"F.W.W.N." (AKA "****er") & I have been discussing this topic these last few weeks & have even fielded a few suggestions from a few people. HHHHHmmmmmmm.....we have a looked and a looked all over the internet at many a place (for the first two days of this adventure) and still come back to one place:

PINKS.

Pinks is about 9 streets down from the Renaissance hotel and 3 streets to the right. If you were to Mapquest it you will see the specifics on the place. To he & I, Pinks is an out of the way place that just exudes the word "Adventure;" and that spells us - so we are going to run this by the ABD guides and if no issue, then to Pinks it is:woohoo:.
per se, we plan on cabbing it to it, then stretching our legs on the way back as that's a good way to also people watchpopcorn::. All in all, there is sooooooooo much to do out in Hollywood & we also plan to see Madam Tussauds Wax museum as well.

Also, wanna great pic of the Hollywood sign??

....just boogy on over to the Hollywood & Highland Center. Here is a short blip on it:

"Hollywood & Highland Center is the best place in town for views of the internationally famous Hollywood Sign. Originally erected to promote a Hollywood real estate development, the sign is now recognized around the world and can be best viewed from Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5. The optimum vantage point is from the bridge on Level 4, near Koji's Sushi & Shabu Shabu Restaurant. Stand in the middle of the bridge and you'll see the sign perfectly framed by the giant arch in the central courtyard.
Go to the info center (near Gramaun's Chinese theatre; 4th floor near the Sushi restaurant) & there you will have a perfectly framed shot of the sign. Don't have specifics on the name of the info center but if you google it under Renaissance hotel (Hollywood)and look up under attractions - you will see the specifics."

But about Pinks....
What's that you say? What is Pinks? Well - it's a place that sells sandwiches, hotdogs & what nots.
We have looked at their menu and like what we see & plan on seriously making a big dent in it:rotfl:.

This is one of the many reasons why I am sooooooooooooooo glad that I have lost 10 pounds so far on my ABD pre-trippy diet; which consists mainly of "Ladybug" (13 yr old female Beagle) & I getting in our daily hour walks around the neighborhood & watching what we eat.

Then come late march 27th - it's time 2 celebrate & say, "Diet? What Diet?":lmao:.

Anywho -

You combine that with what I had said earlier (a few postings ago) about those Mickey Rice Krispy treats & what not & I can tell this is going to be quite an adventure popcorn::.

Now onto a rough idea of my Day Four "On Your Own Time"
(approx 4-8pm at Disneyland)

Will be watching 3pm parade from the train station; so proceed to

1) Main Street USA: "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln."
2) Ear Engine (Main Street USA): purchase Mr Potato Head parts.

Adventureland

3) Enchanted Tiki Room

Fantasyland
4) Matterhorn
5) Alice in Wonderland
5a) Mad Tea party.

and finish in Mickey's Toontown. Pst!.....I plan on catching up with the Rivers of America, Columbia Sailing ship & what not on my post day....

Anywho, after Mickey's Toontown -

Then take a rr train back to Main Street USA and...

....get a bite to eat at Carnation Cafe (half Turkey Sandwich on Pretzel Bread with the Loaded Baked Potato Soup perhaps?) & at the Blue Ribbon Bakery, a rice Krispy treat with soft drink to go 2 take back to the hotel (food opinion & pics forthcoming:goodvibes) but take my time as I meander through Downtown Disney and do some shopping.....and find a place that makes a mean margarita ;).

So as you can see, this is just a rough outline on what I plan on doing as YES YES YES - we (FWNN & I) highly recommend anyone going on this trip to please do your research before you go as this will further enhance & maximize your adventure.
And speaking of maximizing, We are currently sitting at about 80% occupancy & out of this are 12 minors. So hey - pretty full up motorcoach I'd say :goodvibes.

That does stink about the update (the attraction being delayed) on "World of Color."

QUESTION: Does anyone know where / what park / when "Captain E-O" is at??

I do regret though not booking a pre-day (I do though have a post day) but oh well....there is always a next time!:yay:

But about the packing of my OnE SuItCaSe..........

I need to get up off the floor and begin packing! My idea of a packing list forthcoming.
PirateStitch.jpg

(pic shot of Pirate Stitch during my WDW /DCL adventure; Jan 2009 onboard the Disney Wonder)

UP NEXT:

The receiving of the "Know Before You Go" backpack (color?) and dreamin' of the California Screamin' & such out at Paradise Pier; pm of day 5....

T.T.F.N.

takenjustrightbeforeugoontherideatM.jpg

(pic of entrance to POTC @ MK - January 2009)

A few days ago & after a rather long work week, (NBA allstar week and we were OVERSOLD all week at work!), I was in the mood for some much needed pixie dust in my general direction.:goodvibes
So, I head home with quite literally my tail between my legs - just totally spent emotionally. I get home and whip up a mess of cajun food while listening to some Disney music and seeing what's up with Ladybug.
After a while, we both sat down and have a bite to eat while watching our favorite Disney movie, "Mary Poppins" as the Disney music got shut off.....for a while.
About 20 minutes into the movie, there is a loud knocking on the front door with Ladybug just going banannas!
After seeing who it was, I quickly realized WHO IT WAS and soon it was a race to see who could get to the front door the quickest.

:cool1:************* IT WAS U.P.S.! *****************:yay:

I signed for the box and quickly raced back inside to see what they had sent me:

DSCF2963.jpg

********* LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!*************
DSCF2976.jpg

Nothing like cranking up the Mary Poppins' movie (my favorite Disney movie) through my stereo while nibbling on some great cajun food.:cloud9:. After a bit, it was time to:

:scared1:*************DUM DE DUM DUM!***********:scared1:

BEGIN PACKING!:eek:

So, up went the Disney music as I began to put a few items into My OnE sUiTcAsE:

1) an extension cord. I am a firm believer in this as I will have literally anything & everything plugged into it; from I-pods to I-pod chargers to battery chargers to what not.

2) I-pod speakers.
This is very important as I will be listening to Disney music on my I-pod while in my room & while getting ready in the am.

3) 6 gigs of digital film & digital camera.
Hey.....I like to take a lot of pictures & video..... YA THINK?;)

4) PONCHO & umbrella.
You never know when it's going to rain.

5) a personal item (book) for on the airplane, "It's hard to be a shrimp" by Pepe the Prawn.
6) socks & other items.

7) TWO pair of sunglasses.
You never know if you just might happen to break or lose one.

8) 2 small boxes of Tide laundry detergent & 2 boxes of Bounce.
(to do laudnry while at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel).

9) roll of quarters for the laundry.
9a) spare change for those pressed pennies!:yay:

10) phone card
(in case I get lost & need to call the ABD Guides).

11) 3 pair of shorts.
12) toilteries & emergency bag.
13) portable dvd player?? I am still deciding on whether or not to bring it for use while onboard the plane (& have it be part of my "personal items" 11 lb max I can carry onto the plane). To clarify, I am choosing to have a carry-on onboard the plane (a duffle bag w/lots of pesonal items) but have it not exceed the weight limit of a one personal item we are allowed to take onboard.
14)

Somewhere in my suitcase, I have noticed that "The Party Crashers" have just made themselves at home so - look for them to pop up in a few pictures.;)

Now earlier, I was lucky to have my OnE sUiTcAsE (ABD's Spirit of America adventure - Sept '09) to come under at 60 inches at 42 lbs - hope I can STAY under the weight limit again this time as I plan on buying j-u-s-t a few things while on this adventure:smickey:

Anywho - that's it for now - will & have to finish packing in about 14 days as this adventure is now just around the corner!popcorn::

UP NEXT:

ok...."Splash Mountain".......wear a poncho or no.....the debate continues. Pm me or post your responses below if you feel wear one or not & why as this will be my very first time riding the attraction.:woohoo:

....and a response from Stacey (the "Top seven things you must see while at Disney..." television person).:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.

That is great news! It is only a few weeks away now. :) I can't wait to read your trip report.
I vote poncho on SM, but I am too much of a wuss to ride it, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :)

Thanks for the pictures of the items you received. I have been wondering what kind of pack we would get in 2010.

As for Splash Mountain wear the poncho. I have been on where I got a little wet and I've been on when I have been drenched from head to toe.

I was going to start packing this weekend but never did. I think I will next week.

I have never been on the Splash Mountain at Disneyland but I have ridden Splash Mountain at Disney World a zillion times and I've never worn a poncho. Your level of wetness at the end of the ride depends on where you sit. Front seats usually get pretty wet. Back seats are much drier. By the way, I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report Knewton. Have a blast on your trip. Can't wait to hear about your adventure.:)

I have never been on the Splash Mountain at Disneyland but I have ridden Splash Mountain at Disney World a zillion times and I've never worn a poncho. Your level of wetness at the end of the ride depends on where you sit. Front seats usually get pretty wet. Back seats are much drier. By the way, I'm really enjoying your pre-trip report Knewton. Have a blast on your trip. Can't wait to hear about your adventure.:)

I have been soaked a few times in the last row. At WDW Splash Mountain sits two in a row. I was told to sit in the back on the left and I wouldn't get very wet, I got soaked. The other thing is the water cannons, if they have them turned up it won't matter where you sit. We weren't coming down the hill the last time I got soaked we were on the other side of the drop and the water cannons we really turned up and everyone in our log was soaked from head to toe. It was a rather chilly day to start with and we had to leave so we could change. I now wear a poncho as much as I don't like it. I do like having it to sit on so my butt isn't all wet when I get off the ride though.

I totally forgot of the water cannons. I guess I just don't mind getting wet. All this talk makes me want to ride that thing right now.:yay:

Hi Kris
Just came accross your new pre-trippie and I am so excited! This is the trip I have always wanted to do and am still hoping to do for my 50th birthday! I also want to do the one you did before, but this is the biggie! To walk in Walt's footsteps .... wow, what a thrill. You are so lucky:cloud9::cloud9:
So I am loking forward to reading all about your new adventures :woohoo:

i have been soaked a few times in the last row. At wdw splash mountain sits two in a row. I was told to sit in the back on the left and i wouldn't get very wet, i got soaked. The other thing is the water cannons, if they have them turned up it won't matter where you sit. We weren't coming down the hill the last time i got soaked we were on the other side of the drop and the water cannons we really turned up and everyone in our log was soaked from head to toe. It was a rather chilly day to start with and we had to leave so we could change. I now wear a poncho as much as i don't like it. I do like having it to sit on so my butt isn't all wet when i get off the ride though.

WATER CANNONS???? DID SOMEONE SAY WATER CANNONS?? ------

:woohoo:Ok....I am sooooo there!:woohoo:

That sealed it for me! Look for me to be ON the front row......WITHOUT a poncho! YYEEAA:yay:
I now have that penned in as the last thing I do as DL (on my post day) before I go back home to change and then onto California Adventure.
....and I plan on getting a picture (I have never had a picture of me on a ride....until now) of me riding that flume ride.....I mean - WOW! that amount of a drop at that angle??

WOW! I am sooooo there! hhhhmmmm......can this ride be ridden at night time????

thanks for the tip!:thumbsup2

hi kris
just came accross your new pre-trippie and i am so excited! This is the trip i have always wanted to do and am still hoping to do for my 50th birthday! I also want to do the one you did before, but this is the biggie! To walk in walt's footsteps .... Wow, what a thrill. You are so lucky:cloud9::cloud9:
So i am loking forward to reading all about your new adventures :woohoo:

Thanks for the compliment about my ABD's "Spirit of America" trip report.:goodvibes

These two ABD adventures I really recommend to anyone as a way to see some our nation's history from a wonderful perspective and to also reflect on our heritage. Conversely speaking, my upcoming Backstage Magic adventure is also a wonderful way to see just how Diane Disney Miller's words really ring true when she said a few years ago that (in essence) the phrase "Walt Disney World" isn't just a corporate logo. She went on to say that there was actually someone behind that logo that made all of this happen.

This is one the many reasons why I am choosing to go on this adventure and yes, I expect to encounter many a moment of silence like when saw JFK's gravesight for the 1st time (Spririt of America trip; Sept. 2009).....and I am from Dallas Texas. Below is my experience on when I saw their graves for the very first time:

Here we were, getting off the tram (at the bottom of the hill via where the Lee house is) and the ABD guides asked us to walk up a few steps and then turn around.
At the mid section, I stopped and turned around. WOW! That is a wonderful view BUT....what happened next caught me completly off guard.
I walked up the 2nd set of steps (all the while looking at just how magnificent the Lee house looks) when all of a suddden, I realized that I am looking down at the gravesite of our former President and 1st Lady.
When I saw their graves, I just stood there, silently crying - that's how emotionally moved I was.

And yes, I have seen the 6th floor exhibit here in Dallas Texas.

And I expect many a moment like that on this upcoming adventure. Hope this is making sense. Apoligize for the rambling here.
Mr Disney & Mr Henson were such remarkable people & I feel very honored to be a part of this upcoming adventure.

Anywho -

about Stacey.....

I am an individual who keeps odd hours when it comes to Disney vacations. So, when I was at WDW in January 2009, I accidently came across "The Stacey television channel (ok that was a compliment!).
So, I gave her a ring via e-mail to see if "her channel" is also on at Disneyland. Well -

She replied very kindly: NO.

WWAAAA!!:headache:

I tell you what, If I had a Disney dream (of many), it's to have me on the DL channel as "Tracey" (hey.....Casey is the spokesperson for Disney Vacation club so why NOT carry on the tradition of names closely related to each other?) and promote Disneyland & California Adventure in the spirit of the other two I just mentioned;).

Ok....so does anyone out there KNOW what's on the Disney channels??

Q: Is there a DVC tv channel, DCL tv channel, WDW tv channel, "radio Disney" tv channel and a regular Disney channel?????

On a different note, I see that Disney's "Electrical parade" will be shown (8:45pm) during the time I will be there - which is good. Same for the fireworks (9:25pm).

ok....I will be putting in a few more updates more & more the closer I get to dated of departure

Up next:

Slight revisions on where I will be via pm of day four, five & six now that I see the park schedules are out. Will update on Sunday of this week so until then -

T.T.F.N.

I am so glad I found this pre-trip. I love the way you tell a story :thumbsup2 I will be following right along and am looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes Now am I going to read your other reports, looks like I will be home for a while which is fine with me especially on this lazy Sunday morn.
:surfweb: More coffee please.

Just incase your interested here is a link to a thread showing some of the construction going on at DL/DCA, and new stuff that is finished. Tom did a great job with this posting.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403132

OK - now that's way cool! :thumbsup2 Seeing ROA like that was very impressive. Thanks for allowing me to see those pictures.:goodvibes
More info listed below about ROA, Pirates Lair, Sailing ship Columbia & such.:headache:

I am so glad I found this pre-trip. I love the way you tell a story :thumbsup2 I will be following right along and am looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes Now am I going to read your other reports, looks like I will be home for a while which is fine with me especially on this lazy Sunday morn.
:surfweb: More coffee please.

Thanks 4 the compliment! :goodvibes Ah - I can tell you are like me....needing a jolt to get you moving in the am. With me while on a Disney vacation, it's Three words....nay four words:

1,2) Dr. Pepper

3)and

4) STACEY:yay:
*************** BUT ****************

Since she isn't on ANY of the Disney tv channels while I will be a DL/ DCA, I get a feeling that I am going to be a little "outta sync" so if any of you know what's on tv out there, I would GREATLY apreciate it. She's a great motivator & I really do miss her presence.
I like watching those channels for a reason - which is I make it a point to NOT watch nor get caught up in any of the "outside world" news. Per se, when I am in Walt's world, I stay in his world and it really enhances the overall experience for me.
That & it really really gives me ideas (when I am decompressing from a hard days work :lmao: walking around all those Disney parks & such) on where my next ABD adventure will take me.

HINT: I have already purchased (& haven't watched it yet) a dvd of the Disney movie, "Darby O'Gill & the Little People" & am just awaiting on the area of August 1st to roll around. I have decided to take the plunge on this adventure & am looking forward to it; conversion rate or no conversion rate issues....

ANYWHO -

About those pesky park hours.......
Times for park hours are usually posted (on Disneyland.com for example) about 30-45 days prior to your adventure. So -

After looking at the park schedules, I get a feeling that my park adventure highlights will be roughly as follows:

Day 3: Tuesday March 30th (1/2 day at DL; after 7-8pm)
Disneyland is opened until midnight that day so I get a feeling that evening that we will be watching
fireworks:cloud9:. I have NEVER seen Disney fireworks so this is bound to be one of those "grab the kleenex" tissue moments for me.

Day 4: Wednesday March 31st (full day at Disneyland)
DL stays open until midnight again so I figure I will head out to the following during approx 4pm to midnights via "On Your Own Time:"

Will be watching 3pm parade from the train station; so proceed to

1) Main Street USA: "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln."
Hall of Presidents was closed when I made my only visit to a Disney park (Jan 2009), so this I am really looking forward to.popcorn::

2) Ear Engine (Main Street USA): purchase Mr Potato Head parts.

Adventureland

3) Enchanted Tiki Room
nothing beats the original. :woohoo:

Fantasyland
4) Matterhorn
5) Alice in Wonderland
5a) Mad Tea party.
I walked right by it while at WDW (Jan 2009) but didn't have enough time to go back & ride it. A must for me. :goodvibes

...and finish in Mickey's Toontown. Pst!.....I plan on catching up with the Rivers of America, Columbia Sailing ship & what not on my post day....

OOPS! ROA, Columbia Sailing ship, Tom Sawyer's Island, Davey Crockett explorer canoes....all shut down due to being refurbished. So -

Anywho, after Mickey's Toontown -

Then take a rr train back to Main Street USA and...

WALK BACK TO CRITTER COUNTRY AND .....DUM DE DUM DUM!!!! DUM DE DUM DUM DAAAAA!!!!

C-H-E-C-K OUT SPLASH MOUNTAIN....IN THE DARK...SITTING ON THE FRONT ROW AND WITH N-O PONCHO!!!!:woohoo:.

Then, squish squish my water-soaked bod in the general direction of Main Street USA, air drying all the way and subsequently get a bite to eat at Carnation Cafe (half Turkey Sandwich on Pretzel Bread with the Loaded Baked Potato Soup perhaps?) & at the Blue Ribbon Bakery, a rice Krispy treat with soft drink to go 2 take back to the hotel (food opinion & pics forthcoming) but take my time as I meander through Downtown Disney and do some shopping.....and find a place that makes a mean margarita .

Mental Note: pack an extra pair of tenny-shoes in my suitcase!
(and baby powder).

Day 5: Thursday April 1st (full day at Disney's California Adventure)

DCA stays open this day until 10pm so after a group get together during the am, I am just going to CAMP OUT in the "Paradise Pier" section of DCA & then boogy on back to the front entrance for our farewell dinner (5:45pm). So I am guessing & this is a big guess, that we would have enough time to see the 8:45pm Showing of Disney's "Electrical Parade." AGAIN, this is another "Grab the Kleenex" moment for me as I have never seen this parade before.:cloud9:

Day 6: my post day:

I have a severe wanting (Haven't 100% decided on this...yet) to Rope Drop at Disneyland BUT.....that means no departing breakfast for me with the rest of my fellow adventurers. So I am thinking of asking one of the ABD guides if they can be extra extra extra kind and "box up a breakfast snack & drink" for me (they are bound to look at me like I am a little Goofy but hey....it's worth asking) & put in my refrigerator in my room to nibble on later that evening when I get home.

** This way I can see Pixihollow:yay: **

Ok ok ok....what can I tell you.....I think Tink's cute and besides, there are only a handfull of Disney characters that can make me blush & that's 1) :cutie:Bo Peep (when she blew me a kiss when I was taking her picture) and 2) :cutie:Minnie Mouse (when I asked her for a kiss &... she kissed me right ontop of my forehead); both taking place during my one and only trip to a Disney park - January 2009 at WDW.

Anywho -

After finishing up at DL, a quick hop on over to DCA &:

A must see for me: Disney's "Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular" @ 12:10pm.

.....etc.

So, this is just a brief (BRIEF??:lmao:) outline on what I'm thinking is either up my sleeve or ABD's. I will drop this, be on the lookout for more surprises coming from me because my famous motto is:

"While traveling with me on a Disney adventure, expect the unexpected"popcorn::

I will pop in this same time mid next week as I have set a deadline to finish packing my OnE sUiTcAsE (ok....an explanation behind my typing there....I am such a two person suitcase & it is such a pain to be compressed into one suitcase but I dread those extra baggage fees!) & "Ladybug" has an appointment to get her nails trimmed & a bath.......by non other that yours truely.

Gotta love Dogs:goodvibes.

T-minus 624 hours and counting......

Until next time -

SEE YOU REAL SOON -
DSCF2914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter