"IF I WERE A FRAGGLE..." BACKSTAGE MAGIC TRIP REPRT; Mar28-APR 3rd '10- W/PICS &VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasmic! is back up?!? :O

.......ok that is only a rumor. Someone from ABD said that to me a few days ago. I need to follow up on this to confirm.

Anywho --

ok.......I am here now at the Roosevelt Hotel having fun and checking out the sites. Gotta love it - I am about to look at one of their rooms!:woohoo:.

Hmmmmm... wonder how much the daily rate is....
No what a minute - I don't wanna faint;).

Ok......the "ground rules". I will pop in here and there these next few days but will edit when I get home and also attach pics to each posting.

All I can say I WOW! This is one cool adventure & it's only a few hours old:goodvibes.

Maldovo picked me up from LAX and the 3o min ride was just a beautiful way to get accalamated to the area. And what an area it is!popcorn::.

So far I have visited Mels, the Disney soda shoppe and the Kodak theatre.
Took a zillion pics so far and some video of the Roosevelt hotel. the streets are filled with tourists and what nots with the temp today being in the mid 70's.

It's 3pm now (east coast) & we are supposed to meet up for our meet and greet in 1 hour.

One of the guides is Kristin (my twin) and both of them come across as very sweet and very personable.

Ok....been real - I am off and running again. Gonna to see one of the Roosevelts' rooms.

Up NEXT:

having fun at the Meet & Greet, misc & WOW - love the LA Scene....
WOW - I can truely tell I am at home with this:goodvibes.

T.T.F.N.

Hope you have an amazing vacation and a magical experience on the ABD tour. Look forward to hearing all about it :goodvibes

....with the unoffical word for the day being:

WEMBLY

.....After boogying on back to the Renaissance Hotel around 3:30pm, it was a quick hop in the shower & to get ready for the Meet & Greet.

meet alot of wonderful people and had fun playing Disney Trivia contest:goodvibes.

Anywho - the meal was veal w/potatoes and veggies.

Around 7pm, dinner was breaking up and I headed off for madam Tussauds. While out, I had a blast taking a few pics of Legally Blonde wannabes & such before heading back to the Disney soda shop around 9:50pm.

made it back to the hotel around 10pm w/a quick shout out to all of you. Quick note - pay close attention to LA traffic laws.

All right- its been real - cYA Next time - pics will be uploaded when I get back into Texas.

UP NEXT: Worries for another day at the Jim henson studio.

TTFN

:cool1::cool1: You made it - I can not wait to see all the photo's and hear about all the fun you are having :surfweb: Watch out for those Legally Blonde types they could be trouble:lmao::lmao: but hey you might that:rotfl2:

TTYL

.....and the unoffical word for the day is "F.N.N.N."

that and inneracting with dem "Legally Blonde" wannabes is "totally" priceless.

Anywho -

these are just cryptic notes for me to correct and enlongagte out when I get back into Texas and I will also upload pics onto the threads as well so please dont worry.

So - finally got to bed around 11:3opm and 3;30am came around b 4 I knew it. I tumbled out of bed and threw on yesterdays clothes and went out for a long walk to the Canyon Run" area - its about a 1 1/4 mile up the road. basically turn left out of the hotel and anopther left at the light and walk about a mile down the road & u will see it. There there are places you can jog and what not and you will also see a wonderful view of the city and what not. Great pic taking place I sugest. Just ask concierge foir more info if necessary.

Anywho -

gopt back aorund 6am and threw myself in the bathtub for a hot bath. get to know housekeepiong as they will really help you with toilteries and such. Me? I use 4 bottles of hotel shampoo in my daily baths as it really helps me to distress after a "long Disney" day;).

I meandered up to the Twist area (2nd floor) of the hotel for our breakfast meet but before I enjoyed that (AT the Disney soda store), I just had to have 2 Dr peppers and a nestle crunch bar.breakfast was a 8am

And while at the soda store, I just had to nibble on 2 huge mickey waffles, scrambled eggs & eng muffins and........3 glasses of Dr pepper.

Hmmmmmm.....after about 30 minutes, I was wired and ready for the day! Ineracting witht the other adventurers was no issue for me as I don't feel that would be an issue for anyone on nay subsequent adventures. this is a fun trippopcorn::.

Breakfast was fun - got hit up with Disney trivia so be sure and brush up on yer trivia. The subsequent tour of the El Capitian theatre was a total blast. NO - they dont sell a cd of the organ music but......if ya camera video tape it, ya go around having to go on line to buy it. Have the web address if ya wanna buy it and will post it next week.

the el Capitan theatre was breath taking and I could tell a lot of work really went into it to restore it. So anywho - after that, we boogied on down to the jim henson studios.Ok........I was in just in heaven there! Great place and loved talking to "Lawrence" the muppet for the day. Ok...just a tip, ya gotta know yer Muppets to really enjoy tis leg of the adventure. Seeing all what I saw just really blew me a way, I could tell that .....well......lets just say that while we were there, We say Joe Jonas........YES -

**** I SAID JOE JONAS! ********

and yes, we got our pic taken with him!!!!

TTOOOOOOOOO COOL !!!!!!!!!!!

and whiole I had a mouth full of food (during lunch) guess who walked by at the Henson studios???

RANDY JACKSON!!

So - ya never know who u will run into on this adventure.

During this day, I had fun asking the front desk person at Henson who ran the Skexis character u will see at Brian's office. He re[lied that it was a combo of a person inside as well and muppetry. Just an fyi for all you Muppet fans.

I also was just full of ? today as today I really felt I was in my element. Both the guides picked up on it as fun was shared by all.

************* oops!!! I am developing amnesia!!! ************

suddently, It's 5pm and I am quickly thumping this out. So whats up for tonight???

More of checking out the radio disney song "Fabalous" wannabes - just pay attention to cross walks!

and I will be checking out Pinks & a late showing of Alice in Wonderland.

In short, lotta walking today - great food and a great atmosphere - this is an adventure I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to be immersed in Disney history 101.

UP NEXT:

Hitting the shopping phase of this adventure at Mic keys of Glendale and what not and hmmmmmmm....DL stays open until MIDNIGHT....so me thinks we will be having a blast ON>>>>>>>

SPLASH MTN:goodvibes

and my first reaction to stepping into a magical land I have never seen before.

TIP 4 THE DAY: Bring plenty of video cards with you & the Disney Soda shoppe - NOT TO BE MISSED. Just be aware that the atmosphere changes quite a but after 1opm on the streets.not saying bad just different.

T.T.F.N.

It sounds like you are having a great time!

I can't wait to read all the details and see the pics when you get home.

Enjoy the rest of the trip and keep soaking up the Magic!!!!!!

:banana: We'll be on this tour in two weeks!!!!! I can't wait! For now, I can live vicariously through you. :cloud9:

Please keep us updated on Fantasmic. Everything I read, led me to believe it wouldn't be up and running until June 2010. :confused3

:goodvibes Jennifer

:banana: We'll be on this tour in two weeks!!!!! I can't wait! For now, I can live vicariously through you. :cloud9:

Please keep us updated on Fantasmic. Everything I read, led me to believe it wouldn't be up and running until June 2010. :confused3

Oh yes - we have to know if this is true ....:yay:

I'm part of the DISunplugged adventure trip along with Bill & Jennifer and the other 40+ DISers :woohoo:

This would just make it for us :thumbsup2

Anxiously awaiting the rest of your report :surfweb:

So far So GREAT!!!! Joe Jonas REALLY?????? Must see photo, my daughter will just lose it I will love it :rotfl2: Tonight Pink's Yahoo I am dying to hear about it an dsee Photo's. Thanks so much for checking here. It is so nice not having to wait too long. ;)

So far So GREAT!!!! Joe Jonas REALLY?????? Must see photo, my daughter will just lose it I will love it :rotfl2: Tonight Pink's Yahoo I am dying to hear about it an dsee Photo's. Thanks so much for checking here. It is so nice not having to wait too long. ;)

They have a recording studio there, this is where they recoded both versions of "We are the World". Could you imagine being there when they did that recording!!!! ;)

It sounds like your have a great time!!! I can't believe that we will be starting our trip exactly two weeks from today. :cool1: :cool1:
I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Now all of us who are going on the DIS trip on 4/13 are hanging on your every word! Can't wait for an update! Thanks for doing this.

:surfweb: Checking in to see what is new today.

We need an update!!!!!!

Inquiring minds want to know what is going on out there ... :rolleyes1

Now that they are at Disneyland, the days and nights are packed with fun. By the time you get back to your room you just fall in bed. :upsidedow I can't wait to find out the "new" experiences for this year. :)

Looking forward to your final report! :goodvibes

Hi! can i just say i just found/read this thread and its so informative and exciting

Me and dbf have planned to visit California for the first (and probs only!) time next year - all we knew is wanted to do Disney and see the sights. So this morning i came across ABD as I was researching the Disney Studios (and how its near impossible to get into) - that ABD offered a tour there!

Since reading what this behind the magic trip offers - I have been so excited, and have decided that we are 100% going to do this.

Can't WAIT to find out more how you enjoyed the trip - obviously your still there now, so have a WONDERFUL rest-of-trip! :goodvibes

Izzie

I regrefully inform all of you that I have encountered a Disney Grand Californian hotel /ABD issue (from yesterday afternoon on) that has sytematically destroyed any memories I have had of this adventure - resulting in me just wanting to get the heck out of here (I am still at DGC & dont leave until 3:30pm today) & GO HOME.

One would think that home would be DGA but I get the impression that their front desk has absoutely no clue as to how to service the Guest.

Then - to add insult to injury. I asked one of our ABD guides for assistance on this issue & had also asked for a follow up voice mail yesterday - which would then allow me to enjoy my last full day in the Disney parks so I would then have everything all set & ready to go for today with no delays.

GUESS WHAT?

NO VOICE MAIL was left for me.:confused3

I have spent way toooooo much time on this positive challenge as this has gone on now for the last 2 1/2 days and I feel enough is enough. This needs to go to Disney Corporate offices!
I should be having fun at the parks and SPENDING MONEY AND HAVING FUN but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am having to fiddle with this silly issue and having to coach Disney CMs HOW TO DO THEIR JOB! So in addition to my issue, here are some additional things have have also occured to me while this issue was occuring:

1) For example, and for a slight bit of negative humor here this am, 2 front desk CM's (Jason & Nicole) refered to me as "MR NEWMAN."

They have acess to my guest information, yet they refer to me as "Mr Newman?"

WHAT GIVES????

2) a Disneyland shoppe on Main street told me that should what I have purchased happen to be a duplicate from what you have already purchased, just let the Disney hotel know about it and they will get your monies refunded.

Sure enough, I had a duplicate. So off I went to DGC guest services this am to have a refund take place.

Funny thing, Guest services at DGC said JUST THE OPPOSITE of what the Disneyland store had said just the other day!!

AND YET TO THINK.....I AM A FIRST TIME VISITOR TO THIS PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet my dream job is to go to work for the Disney corporation so they can see how servicing the Guest is actually done. Seriously, I would love to be a ABD guide for "Quest" or "Splendors" that would be what I would love to shoot for.

But I digress - that's minor. A little irratant but minor.

So I through my hands up in complete despair and & am leaving the House that Walt built with tears running down my face and am in one depressed state of being & mind.

I JUST WANNA GO HOME! TO TEXAS!

Like from 8am to right now in Dwntown Disney (12:48pm on 04-03-2010) I too also walked around both Disney parks yesterday in such a daze that it was obvious to me that after a while, I was realizing that the Magic was gone. For example, all I was seeing was NOT MARY POPPINS NOR THE DAPPER DANS but enstead I was seeing young boys and girls dressed up COSTUMES portraying the above mentioned characters!

1)I tried to go to San Adreas faults & get a milkshake.

i could not, I just wasn't in a Disney mood.

2) I tried to go to Ritas and have a margarita

I could not. the Disney spirit was just GONE.

3) I tried to go to the Wine tasting place as well inside DCA but just wasnt in the mood. I felt the magic was just gone. I was trying - I was putting forth effort - I just felt that the Disney magic was shot down the drain all thanks to three Disney CMs and no....I will not reveal their names.

4) Morevoer, I tried to get a pretzel and a sundae and the Coke soda shoppe at Disneyland but I just couldn't recapture the Disney magic.

So it should be pretty obvious to you the reader that I was hungry but the magic was just shot outta me as I just felt like I was walking around in a daze.

So, I thought possibly some shopping would pick up my spirits.

NO.

I couldn't bring myself to do any shopping either.

So I staggered onto the Matterhorn.

BIG WHOOP.

I was there I realized that I need to go back to the hotel and just call it a day - a day that I hope NO ONE OF YOU E-V-E-R have to experience.

THATS SAD & quite embarrassing WHEN A D-I-S-N-E-Y branded hotel systematically ruins the magic for you by the incredibly poor customer service and a ABD guide doesn't do her job either.

This is why everyone, I have asked that ALL OF THIS BE FORWARDED on over to Disney's corporate offices. I am extremely upset and very dismayed that this is an acceptable level of customer service and that a ABD guide has no idea how to do her job either & provide a Guest adventurer a return voice mail.

But she has gone on to her next adventure. So I guess I don't matter to her nor the Disney company anymore.

So here I am, still stuck at the lousy hotel, wishing I could be jetted back to Dallas Texas ASAP so I can mentally/emotionally & logically get back to work & show to myself how servicing the Guest is SUPPOSED TO BE DONE.

I know! going to work right away just after a vacation??

yes - that is correct.

So - I am supposed to be departing from this "5-star hotel" around 2pm today & meet with some higher ups who will be discussing with me their lousy customer service and how they plan on saving this Guest.

Now, Am i saying that DGC is a bad hotel? NO I AM NOT.

I am saying that for this particular experience, it was a horrible one for me.

AND I AM A F-I-R-S-T time visitor not only to the state of California but to Disneyland and such.

I just feel that I am not in the mood to continue on with this blog. I feel that I need to delete all pics / video that & have taken (& I have taken alot) & throw away any memory of this "adventure" & just move forward. I feel very disheartned by this whole mess and just am not in a Disney mood. Which is very rare for me because I am such the kid at heart.

But yes - I don't feel like moving forward with this blog.

Will I ever come back to the state of California & Disneyland??

I will answer it this way - I am meeting with some Disney higher ups at 2:30pm today and will listen to what they have to say. I get the feeling that their response will be a BBUUSSIINNEESS answer and not an answer that will be condusive for me to feel welcomed back into Walt's World.

Not because of my actions but because I get a feeling their responses will be NO to what I have to say. And I have already said it overnight when I was on the phone with the overnight hotel phone person for well over 2.5 hours VERY early this am.

you would think that this company would be interested in saving me as a Guest since I average approx 3 hours a sleep a day while on this adventure (I was out and about SPENDING MONEY AND HAVING A NICE DISNEY TIME) but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I just get a suspicion otherwise.

So to wrap up here, hopefully I will be given an opportunity for a "DO OVER" on this vacation. I am trying to remain positive on this issue. It is my hope that one day I can pick back up this blog and begin again recapturing the Disney magic that has just left my heart.

Time will tell -

Kris N-E-W-T-O-N

P.s. Anyone reading this from Disney Travel services or DGC, I am also requesting that this be forwarded onto Disney's Corporate offices so they can see what this hotel (DGC) & that ABD guide has done to this 1st time DL/ DCA visitor as this is also ONLY MY 2ND visit to a Disney park overall as well.
Furthermore, please make a copy of this and read this letter to all new hires as they need to see what damage can be inflcited onto a Disney guest when YOU THE CM, don't do your job.

Oh my gosh! Soo sorry to hear that you have had a less-than-magical time, :grouphug:

I truly hope you get issues sorted out and they can buck up their ideas - I've defo heard quite a few reports how service at disney california hotels does not match the standard at WDW and I hope this is something Disney will finally notice and fix (although Im just speaking from other TRs).

Oh my gosh! Soo sorry to hear that you have had a less-than-magical time, :grouphug:

I truly hope you get issues sorted out and they can buck up their ideas - I've defo heard quite a few reports how service at disney california hotels does not match the standard at WDW and I hope this is something Disney will finally notice and fix (although Im just speaking from other TRs).

...you bring up a good point. I read about that as well as I have tried to give them every benefit of the doubt as well since I am spending approx $25-$30 and hour on this trip for R&T alone; not including incidentals.

But for some reason, the "LOVE AND SHOVE" mentality is alive and well here at Disneyland / DCA.

To be continued....

Kris Newton

Hi Kris! I'm sorry you had a less than Magical Time. :grouphug:
I will be on this tour on April 13th and was wondering what happened at the GC. From your post I'm not sure what happened. I hope the Disney higher ups tried to fix the problem.

I hope you have a safe trip home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter