If I join today, ANY chance at all for reservation 1st week of April 2004?

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
Would I close by then? What do you think? We already are going down then anyway, but if we join we would at least be using that money towards the DVC rather than just spending it at the hotels.

If You purchased at SSR which is the only one that is being sold right now you can not stay on your points until your building is open. Building two opens June 7 and building 1 is sold out.
(I have heard there are some points at Vero Beach, not sure what use year available)

If you bought resale and there are points available to use then maybe but not likely. I'm not sure how long it take for a resale to be done from start to finish..it has alot of variables.

Any other advice for the OP?

Lori

I'm pretty sure (but not certain) that the answer is no.

SSR will not be open in April. My understanding is that SSR owners cannot use their points to stay anywhere until SSR is open.

If you are buying resale, I do not think you will close in time (and get your name in the DVC system) in time to make a reservation for the first week in APril. Even if you could, you would be reserving less than 60 days ahead of time - availability is usually quite limited that close to arrival. At the 60 day mark, DVC allows CRO to rent any unreserved point rooms to the general public for cash, so the odds are not in your favor.

This would be a good question for your guide. Maybe he/she can work something out for you. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

Best wishes & good luck with your decision to buy!

You could try to trade with someone, their points now for your points later, or "rent" points from someone now and then rent your points to someone else when you get them.

Originally posted by Lori-n-NY

Any other advice for the OP?

Lori

Is DVD still offering the $$$ off per point or a free vacation? If they are, you may be able to get a vacation but pay full price for your points.

i have points at ssr and was told that as a new dvc member
i could not use my points until may 2004

Why don't you call a DVC guide and see what they could do. I have heard of folks buying BCV (recently) through Disney.

Your next problem would be availability--but, your best chance would be to buy a contract through Disney--they let you make a reservation almost immediately.

Good luck to you!

-DC :earsboy:

I wouldnt go into a resale with a short term dealine in mind. It can be a very time consuming process and you'll just fustrate yourself.

You could maybe offer some obserdly high price for a resale that would be rejected no question by Disney and maybe get closed on time, but youd have to ask the broker about it.

Thanks everyone, I called the DVC (I was on file because we had previously toured) and if they had points other than SSR available I would be able to book immediately, but have to wait with SSR until the bldg. opens. She said they sometimes get points for other resorts like the BWV/BCV, but they tend to go as soon as they get there. They must be from contracts that they have the ROFR from.

Speak with your guide - if you want non-SSR indicate so and they will advise what if any use years they have any inventory from ROFR in

Doing it this way though will cost $84 a point which is more expensive typically than a resale

thanks
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter