If disney has free dining- why cant DVC owners get free dining?

You got that right. After the AP best rate ordeal and the infamous October black hole, I am soo glad we have DVC. I just have to play that codes game 2 more times for non DVC stays that I refuse to use points for.

I think both CarolA and cobbler are right on the money. We bought DVC, in part, to avoid the type of "frenzy" you see on the boards right now. I am really happy that I can ignore whether WDW releases codes, pin numbers, or AP rates. Since we live on the Gulf Coast, I'll also tell you that traveling to WDW in September is not my idea of a vacation. Its just too darn hot for me. I can stay home and experience that weather. :)

I think both CarolA and cobbler are right on the money. We bought DVC, in part, to avoid the type of "frenzy" you see on the boards right now. I am really happy that I can ignore whether WDW releases codes, pin numbers, or AP rates. Since we live on the Gulf Coast, I'll also tell you that traveling to WDW in September is not my idea of a vacation. Its just too darn hot for me. I can stay home and experience that weather. :)

AMEN...

To recap what DVC means to me:

1. No chasing codes

2. No eating too much just because it is *free*

3. No heat

4. NO HUMIDITY AND LOVE BUGS!!!

:cool1:

Our friends want free dining and called today to discuss numbers and see if we wanted to go with them. We already have APs so we would need to buy 1 day hoppers. He figured we could do a week at Pop Century for about $700. Then I realized we could buy the DDP and still be several hundred dollars ahead. Didn't make sense anyway I sliced it. We're still probably going that week but staying on points.

I just think it is so unfair that DVC owners cannot get free dining. Inadvertently, we are paying for a package! Maybe I am crazy but it would be a nice perk for us:thumbsup2

We don't get it because we already get a big discount on room rates.... if you want to pay rack rate, then you can get DDP for free....

I think free dining would be great op. for DVC members who leave DVC for weekends to have a nice 12 day trip with 3 days of free dining in the middle- and maximize their DVC points by not staying any fri/sat nights on points. One of these days I may have to do that. Stay in a studio and only use about 100 points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter