I went bagless for the first time

If you're trying to avoid the bag check line, then you can load up the kids' and your pockets with stuff and a string bag, then once you're in, load up the string bag! I saw this idea on here a few months ago and I can't believe I never thought of it! Doesn't really solve the bag less issue tho!

Best idea Ever!

If you're trying to avoid the bag check line, then you can load up the kids' and your pockets with stuff and a string bag, then once you're in, load up the string bag! I saw this idea on here a few months ago and I can't believe I never thought of it!

Doesn't really solve the bag less issue tho!

That works great, until you get a CM who tells you you need to go through the bag check line and empty your pockets. As with some other things, if it becomes obvious that you are trying to skirt around a rule, they will call you out on it.

Well, ehem, I will confess to being one of those medical supplies packers. I maybe take 2 or 3 immodium a year, and if that time comes while I'm in Disney, I'm not hiking it to the first aid station and taking the chance that they don't have it. Talk about a bad day. And I think it's sorta funny that some are thinking the bandaids are for if you cut yourself. They are for blisters! Another thing you don't want to have to cross the park to take care of. I will concede that I have not had a blister problem at Disney thus-far, but both DH and DD have, and I will be set if I do! I don't even mess with normal bandaids. Special blister bandaids go in my light-weight string backpack that is like wearing nothing!

To each his own. :thumbsup2

That works great, until you get a CM who tells you you need to go through the bag check line and empty your pockets. As with some other things, if it becomes obvious that you are trying to skirt around a rule, they will call you out on it.

I see what you mean! My plan was to give the children their water and a water bottle sprayer and their poncho. Then just take them all up when we're done. I wasn't going to pack sandwiches and a snack bars and snack mix and umbrellas in their pocket!! Although that would be great!

Yeah, it's a lot easier for healthy people to go bagless than those of us with any kind of physical problem. I have to have a bag for medical supplies and snacks, plus things that aren't actually medicine but are still needed to keep a rickety body going.

The moral of the story: Enjoy your health and your baglessness while you have it! And don't automatically assume that those of us who can't join you are just idiots carrying around things we don;t need.

Thank you!

I would love to go bagless. But with having allergies to 99% of all soaps, I have to carry a small bottle of soap with me everywhere I go. Plus sunscreen.
I also have to carry some sinus meds as I have sinus allergies as well and get migraines from them. I also have to carry both regular eyeglasses and sunglasses as I'm practically blind without them and can't do contacts.
I also carry a small, lightweight wrap with me because I'm sensitive to temperature changes and going from outside to air-conditioned indoors can cause me to freeze. I keep my house at 75 and I hate the cold. Also, when I get cold, my chest starts hurting sometimes.
I have to also carry a small pack of kleenex with me because of my sinuses. You don't want me standing in line and me suddenly sneezing all over you. And one or two in my pocket is not enough for a day for me and may get wet during some of those rides or from rain. Can we say eww!

I do not wear cargo shorts/pants. I don't like them and I hate to have my pockets bulging out. I don't want to have to worry about things coming out of my pockets either.

If I had a kid that would be one thing, but if you go to Disney 100 times you might need a band aid once. I'm not lugging around a first aid kit in the extreme unlikely event I cut myself. If something happens, as someone said Disney has what I need. Now I understand some people do have conditions that require medical treatment, I am not talking about that, just bringing things "in case" something unforseen happens.

Eh. I was raised by an Eagle Scout. Always be prepared.
Also, one of my mom's motto's was "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst".

I may not "need" the aspirin/advil or other things I carry, but I'm prepared if I do. Those things don't take up much space or weigh much in a tiny container inside my bag. Though, I don't carry band-aids as I can't use them. I have allergic reactions to the glue on my skin.

I'm fairly used to carrying around a heavy purse all day long and my park bag will be much lighter.

Not debating about whether to carry band-aids or not, that is a personal choice.

But... Just in case someone was unaware, you can get basic medical supplies at any of the first aid stations. They have pain reliever, band-aids and sunblock all readily available for anyone who needs them and the best part is they are FREE.

They will have only sunblock that the general population can use. I have only found 1 I can use without getting an itchy red rash and it's $27 for a 3 oz tube. :faint: Don't think Disney will be handing that out for free.

I also would not want to have to get out of a line I've been waiting in for a while and trudge to a first aid station for something I could have had with me then have to start all over in said line.

wow.. im the complete opposite of this thread lol.. we take a stroller with us to every park. it is wonderful..

bag check line? we rope drop and even try to eat in the park an hour prior to opening so bag check line is maybe 1 or 2 people but usually none.. :)

with the stroller and rides and restaurants we just park it and go.. really no hassle at all.. plus for my family of five it houses waters, snacks, sodas, meds, ponchos, anything purchased at the park that day, sunglasses, sun protection, etc.. during the cooler trips it even carries our hoodies for when we get warm, just chunk it on the stoller..

it is a life saver.. plus its a really nice mclaren umbrella stroller so it breaks down super quick but that is only done once we get back to the car.

Going bagless is something that would never cross my mind... and it never occurred to me that I should want to! I use the stuff in my bag. That's why I put it there. Personally, I'd rather carry a bag than have a bunch of stuff shoved in my pockets and bungie clipped to my belt loop. Sounds incredibly uncomfortable!

Going bagless is something that would never cross my mind... and it never occurred to me that I should want to! I use the stuff in my bag. That's why I put it there. Personally, I'd rather carry a bag than have a bunch of stuff shoved in my pockets and bungie clipped to my belt loop. Sounds incredibly uncomfortable!

I agree. I have just a sling backpack, which I would much rather have than a camera shoved in my pocket, poncho, money, sunscreen packets, phone because Disney requires me to have it to make changes to fp+, etc. sounds great until you need to SIT:rotfl2: I have 3 kids and don't want to carry 5 ponchos, camera ,cell phone, etc. judge me everyone, I don't mind. We go in September most of the time.....we need ponchos. Do I care what others think of my bag, nope. But Sorry I had to laugh at the vision of a person with things bungee clipped to their belt loops:rotfl2:

Can I just say how jealous I am of you bagless folk.

We're traveling with a four year old and a one year old, so giant diaper bag is for us! I look forward to the day when we can head into the park without diapers, wipes, spare pants and underwear, snacks for when we're waiting for food at restaurants, small first aid kit. The list just goes on and on.

To be fair, I really like having my DSLR camera with me to take pictures, and I'd need a bag for that anyway. But I could manage to not bring that in the parks for a day or two to enjoy the bag-free life. Iphone pics just don't measure up to the quality I can get with my manual.

Mine is 9 years old and this was the first time every we have been able to go without a bag. It helps that I do not have to feed him in each and every line anymore! :cake:

Saw the best reason ever to go bagless as we were entering Animal Kingdom today. Just as the security guard finished inspecting the bag of the person on the other side of the table from us, the light fixture fell from the wobly ceiling fan above and came crashing down on the table. Had he still been leaning forward looking in the bag, it could have smacked the poor guy right on the head. Disney is lucky it didn't hit any customers.

Going "Bagless" Checklist:

The water bottle and misting fan clips are short so the bottles hang against your hip, not further down on your leg. Alternatively, you can use a Disney water bottle lanyard that they sell in the parks that fits across your neck and under your opposite arm if you don't have a belt loop on your pants. The mobile phone case can go in your cargo shorts to avoid bag check if it's too large. Cargo shorts hold backup cash, Band Aids, Tums, Tylenol.

Couldn't you get those throwaway ponchos for like .99 at walmart? Those should be able to fit in a pocket or possibly wear it a carabineer attached to your belt loop?

Better yet, just buy the Disney poncho when and if you need it. For about $7-ish or so a piece, they are cheap enough to be disposable and you don't need to carry it around until you decide you need it.

What do you bagless folks do about cameras?

I have a Nikon L120 (yes it's old lol) and it's definitely not pocket-sized.

We just use our iPhones. We are not big photo people so we wouldn't dream of lugging around a camera but if we wanted to be guaranteed nice cameras, we'd do PP.

Me, I'd rather carry a bag than have a bunch of stuff jammed in my pockets. And then spend the rest of the day worrying about said stuff falling out of my pockets.:( Because that is what would happen!:headache:

I think the point of going bagless is to bring less stuff. Jamming stuff in your pockets doesn't accomplish bringing less stuff. In my pockets I carry my iPhone and chapstick. My fiance carries my license and credit card in his wallet, which is always in his back pocket. Since we don't have kids and return for a mid-day break, I can't think of anything else we'd need that we can't wait for until we get back in our room OR just buy in the park.

It's totally awesome!

Those who have kids try the mom isn't a pack mule approach we started this when DS was 4. they get their own small drawstring bag they can take whatever they want. Day 1 there was all kinds of ridiculous stuff: toys, stuffies, crayons, etc. Day 2 much lighter, they quickly learn what is important and needed in the parks and what is not. By day 3 DS left with no bag, said he knows his stuff was in the room and would be there when he got back.

I think the point of going bagless is to bring less stuff. Jamming stuff in your pockets doesn't accomplish bringing less stuff. In my pockets I carry my iPhone and chapstick. My fiance carries my license and credit card in his wallet, which is always in his back pocket. Since we don't have kids and return for a mid-day break, I can't think of anything else we'd need that we can't wait for until we get back in our room OR just buy in the park.

We don't jam stuff in pockets either. We really just bring less stuff.

What I carry, (money, comb, iphone) fits in my pocket nicely. Being solo, I don't have to worry about renting a locker everytime I want to go on a ride either. Only headache comes if I want to do waterrides, then I just bring a ziplock back for my phone. Nothing attached to me at all, just fits nicely in my pocket.

We don't jam stuff in pockets either. We really just bring less stuff.

Exactly. I've been going to Disney/Universal annually (and in several years multiple times a year) and I have never needed anything more than my wallet (money), and my iphone (for camera).

Couldn't imagine not bringing one. Don't see the hassle in it either, it's not like i'm lugging around textbooks. A couple bottles of water, medication/first aid, sunblock, snacks and I can throw my wallet/keys/phone in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter