I went bagless for the first time

If you're trying to avoid the bag check line, then you can load up the kids' and your pockets with stuff and a string bag, then once you're in, load up the string bag! I saw this idea on here a few months ago and I can't believe I never thought of it!

Doesn't really solve the bag less issue tho!

I don't think this would ever work for us. We don't take a ton of stuff, but what we do bring I find necessary. Water bottles (I too have tried the free water - YUCK!), small snacks (granola bars, nuts, etc.), disinfectant wipes, and my wife's glasses (she has prescription sunglasses that she wears during the day but has to switch out of on dark rides). And personally, I would rather wear a backpack than have anything clipped to my belt. The constant bumping/banging against my leg/hip would drive me nuts.

Not debating about whether to carry band-aids or not, that is a personal choice.

But... Just in case someone was unaware, you can get basic medical supplies at any of the first aid stations. They have pain reliever, band-aids and sunblock all readily available for anyone who needs them and the best part is they are FREE.

Didn't know about the sunblock....wonder what brand?

I'm going to have to disagree about first aid stuff. If someone in my family gets a headache or other pain, it's a lot easier to reach into my bag to grab the Tylenol than to spend time walking to the first aid station.

It's not only easier to not hike all the way to the other end of the park to the first aid station when you're injured or otherwise in pain - surprisingly enough, it's less painful!

Immediate treatment + removing the physical stress of a long walk while sick/injured seems to me to be what the principle of first aid is all about. I'm a pretty stoic person, but why be stoic on vacation if you don't have to?

They may be free, but it can be horribly inconvenient to have to walk to the first aid station. I'd much rather be able to grab a pill out of my pack, or pull out a band-aid than than have to take time out of my trip to hike to the first aid station.

Not the poster I'm quoting, but I don't get why some posters seem to feel that not having a bag on them makes them superior somehow. How crazy is that? Maybe you would rather carry your stuff in your pockets, or don't mind walking to the first aid station if you need some meds, but that doesn't suit everybody. Why the need to feel superior over something so silly?
I don't feel superior because I choose not to carry a bag. I just feel less weighed down but that is just me.

I usually slip an aspirin or two in a little ziplock that buttons come in and put that in my wallet. It's just easier to not carry a bag. I do find it freeing. When we do carry a bag, the husband is the one to carry it, so I'm still free :) For those that carry a bag, great. No hating on you. I have a friend that lives by the boy scout rule and has everything under the sun ready for "in case". It def works for some people.
That is a great idea! Those tiny little ziplocs are perfect.

That is a great idea! Those tiny little ziplocs are perfect.

Just make sure you clean the residue out first. You want to start feeling "superior" long before you get to the gates. ;)

zip_zps657dafcb.jpg

Can I just say how jealous I am of you bagless folk.

We're traveling with a four year old and a one year old, so giant diaper bag is for us! I look forward to the day when we can head into the park without diapers, wipes, spare pants and underwear, snacks for when we're waiting for food at restaurants, small first aid kit. The list just goes on and on.

To be fair, I really like having my DSLR camera with me to take pictures, and I'd need a bag for that anyway. But I could manage to not bring that in the parks for a day or two to enjoy the bag-free life. Iphone pics just don't measure up to the quality I can get with my manual.

Can I just say how jealous I am of you bagless folk.

We're traveling with a four year old and a one year old, so giant diaper bag is for us! I look forward to the day when we can head into the park without diapers, wipes, spare pants and underwear, snacks for when we're waiting for food at restaurants, small first aid kit. The list just goes on and on.

To be fair, I really like having my DSLR camera with me to take pictures, and I'd need a bag for that anyway. But I could manage to not bring that in the parks for a day or two to enjoy the bag-free life. Iphone pics just don't measure up to the quality I can get with my manual.
I was in a different situation when we traveled with a little kid too. However when they get old enough, they can help you carry things. ;)

You don't want no part of this stuff, Dewey Cox!! :)
:hippie:

I haven't managed to go bag less yet. I used to have 2 inhalers, and i need both dark glasses and reading glasses. I also go solo mostly so I bring my iPad mini and earphones for the long queues, plus a regular Canon powershot and an extra battery. And my allergies are bad so I need kleenex!
Sometimes if I am going back to the park after dark I can go bag less since I just need the reading glasses, MB, some cash and ID, and kleenex (luckily don't have to use inhalers any more!)

Even with little kids, I realized after awhile that I was bringing along all this extra stuff I hardly needed. Especially since we usually stay on the monorail and only go to the parks for a few hours at a time before going back to the resort. It's not like it's 5-day jungle safari to a remote part of the world. When my kids were toddlers I just brought a small bag with some wipes and diapers, a stick sunscreen, cell phone, and money. Now I can probably go bagless with no problem.

But I've always been one of those people who crosses the bridge when I come to it, instead of planning for every remote possibility beforehand. That way lies madness.

Even with little kids, I realized after awhile that I was bringing along all this extra stuff I hardly needed. Especially since we usually stay on the monorail and only go to the parks for a few hours at a time before going back to the resort. It's not like it's 5-day jungle safari to a remote part of the world. When my kids were toddlers I just brought a small bag with some wipes and diapers, a stick sunscreen, cell phone, and money. Now I can probably go bagless with no problem.

But I've always been one of those people who crosses the bridge when I come to it, instead of planning for every remote possibility beforehand. That way lies madness.

That is my philosophy. Maybe 1 time out of 100 I may need a band aid or an aspiring (they are free there). Why am I going to lug around all that stuff 99 times and never use it for the one time I do and can get there anyway?

I would love to go bagless! I got a nasty sunburn on my shoulders a few weeks back, so carrying any type of purse was out of the question, and the day I spent at a museum without a bag was one of the most freeing days of my life! I also had no back pain at all, which is unusual for me, and probably shows that I usually haul around way too much stuff. I try to minimize, but I tend to worry about "what ifs" and then I end up putting all of the same stuff back in my bag again. :confused3

Carrying a bag with a few bandaids and advil is madness? :lmao:

Since I still need to have a lanyard with the discount cards, I just put a bandaid, a strip of moleskin and a few advil in there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter